• Net Neutrality creates a free and open internet.

. Net neutrality began in 2014 when Tom Wheeler released a plan that would allow AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon to discriminate online and create a pay-to-play fast lanes. Regulators across the globe are grappling with issues about the internet and debating net neutrality. The FCC or Federal Communications Commission is in charge of net neutrality and placing rules on internet in the U.S. Net neutrality gives the government more power over the internet. Although the government would be monitoring the internet, it is only to ensure that internet service providers are not discriminating against certain people. Net neutrality preserves our right to communicate freely online.

• Digital Equality in Net Neutrality

Net neutrality is true digital equality. Instead of trying to get a few sites to more people, they should try to get data to more people , so they can access all of the internet. Corporations must not be allowed to control the internet. It is a basic utility tool and should remain in the hands of the government.

• It is good

Internet users should be given the freedom to use internet without any hindrance. Net neutrality will preserve the fact that govt has no control over one's personal data use and it will also welcome the new entrepreneurs to start there business with the help of the internet. So its good.

• Net Neutrality Speeds up the internet for small sites.

Net Neutrality stops ISPs from intentionally slowing down sites loading time. Normally, ISPs set a base loading time for sites that don't pay extra money for "premium". With net neutrality, companies can't treat one website better than another, meaning that all websites will load the same amount of data in the same amount of time. Of course, large pages will still load slower than smaller pages, but you get the idea. There will be no intentional slowing down of data. That will most likely lead to some sites having faster loading time. That increases internet democracy.
    Net neutrality does not prevent freedom of speech. I don't get how people think that. If anything, it increases freedom of speech by preventing ISPs from slowing down sites. The last time net neutrality laws were introduced, Verizon shot them down. It claimed that net neutrality gets rid of their freedom of speech by preventing the ISPs from controlling content that they carry. Controlling the content they carry sounds a bit like interfering with the websites freedom of speech. AT&T claimed that "broadband providers may feature some content over others" like "editorial discretion" in newspapers. The difference here is that the internet browser is asking for the information, not seeing what the newspaper is printing.

• End to end principle

The internet is the lowest layer of the protocol stack that powers cyberspace. Because cyberspace is increasingly ubiquitous and it is becoming increasingly important for people to access it, it is essential that the underlying network is designed with the right principles. One of the most essential principles is the end-to-end principle: the links in the network (cables and routers in our abstraction) have the sole purpose of getting information from point A to point B. It is only appropriate for a link to refuse or delay the delivery of information when essential to preserve the functionality of the network or when one of the nodes is trying to exceed the bandwidth that was paid for.

• Net Neutrality makes things fair

With out Net Neutrality how can your average Joe compete with the Netflix and Amazons of the world. I understand the ISPs have the right to manage there own companies but being able to pick and choose who has better connection and who doesn't is to much especially since the ISP market is currently a monopoly. In the United States you maybe have 3 choices and there all pretty bad but not as bad as the rest and those are Comcast, ATT and Verizon. When these companies are raising the speeds for the companies they own and for the big companies that can afford to pay for the extra bandwidth how can a start up company with little money ever compete when the average american will back out of a website if it takes more 5 seconds to load. Net Neutrality is not the permanent solution but prioritization of certain companies is much worse.

• This is when capitalism goes too far.

The government should not be allowed to limit the internet, it is not up to them how a tool such as the internet should be used by the people, even if the big isp companies are paying for it. All the good websites are against this and so should you.

• The internet is a utility and should be treated like one.

The internet is essential for businesses and is becoming essential for individuals. If it is not treated like a utility, large corporations, who can afford to pay more for their internet service, will suck up all the bandwidth. The recently adopted rules still allow ISPs to block illegal content, so that is not an issue. It seems that most people opposed to net neutrality are opposed to merely it because they think the idea came out of the Obama administration. The idea is decades old, and it came from internet users!

• Internet access is very much like electricity and telephone service.

There is only one cable to my home. I cannot freely choose which provider I purchase my internet access from and therefore don't want the terms of that access dictated to me by a corporation that only answers to its shareholders. Similarly, I don't want the cable company limiting or controlling the content it allows to travel over its network to me.

• The Internet does not Belong to Corporations

The FCC not supporting net neutrality will be a step further in taking the internet out of the hands of the people and putting it in the hands of corporations. Net neutrality protects individuals and small businesses from giant ISPs and content providers. The arguments against neutrality all seem ignore looking at what kind of precedent is being set here. Do we want our internet to become like FM radio? All content controlled by a few giant companies? I sure don't.

• No, noninvolvement is not an option.

Maintaining a stance of neutrality does not help anyone. If one agrees with a stance or action one should speak up so that consensus may be reached and those outside of consensus are given the chance to re-evaluate. This, of course, applies to things that matter, in the case of things that don't matter, such as the actions of celebrities, a non-opinion and neutrality is best.

• No, net neutrality hurts everybody.

No, net neutrality is not a good thing, because it prevents people from doing legitimate things on the internet. Most people think net neutrality is simply a way of making sure that the internet is not censored. Rather, internet neutrality is a way of allowing internet providers to filter content that they think is illegal, or slow down content that they think is taking up too much space. This is a proper use of network administration.

• Another attempt to control every day life!

The FCC had previously attempted to enforce such rules illegally, but lost in the Comcast v FCC case. This time Verizon took them on, and FCC lost again! You see, back in the Clinton years, a bill passed with bipartisan support that freed the Internet from burdensome regulation. It was called the Telecommunications Act, and its specifically separated information services from telecommunications services, disallowing the FCC from imposing the same degree of regulations on Internet services that they can on the Phone company. This was important in the debate before the Open Internet order, because Net Neutrality had already been ruled illegal in the Comcast case. So the radical left had argued that the FCC should wave a magic wand and declare that Internet service providers are no longer information services, and are now phone companies, and so should be reclassified as such. Today’s decision in Verizon v FCC rests on the classification of ISPs as being information services, as envisioned by the Telecommunications Act, which again was passed by Newt Gingrich’s House and signed by Bill Clinton. That’s how much of a common-sense thing it used to be, to have a lightly-regulated Internet. Bottom line do you really want the Govt to control your use of the Information Super Highway? Net Neutrality does nothing but give immense power to the FCC.

• Net Neutrality Blows

'm Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 23 years. You never know WHAT is gonna come through that door. . . .

• I'm Rick Harrison

I’m Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I’ve learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door. . . . . . . . . . . .

• Gang gang gang

Dab gang gang gang dab gang swag money gang gang gang lit fam fam fam fam fam lit lit lit lit gang gang lit gas gang lit fam lit dab dab dab money swag swag dab swag lit swag fam mony gang gang liiiiiiiiit lit fam 420 dank meme fam

• Asdsaddfds erfreregrgtg fref

Asd as d sad sd sa dsa ds ds sd sd sd s ds ds as a dsa sdas dsa das d asd sdbuttsad sd rg grg rtg g rt gf vxc vx cvdf vg bgfb fg bf br gerf ef ewf wefw ef efv v d v df vdf v

• Net sadasdasd ddsad

Sdasdsad dsdsssd sdsdssd sdsdds dsddss dsdss dsdsdsdsdsdssdsdsd
    ash as as as as as a ss s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• The Internet is not a right, it is a commodity.

The internet does not belong to the people, it belongs to the ISPs, hence why they are selling such a service. Saying they may not discriminate based on who pays more is equivalent to the government enforcing a ban on Toyota to sell Lexus, the premium line, or the Cheescake factory to franchise it's "grande lux" line - the core of capitalism lies in the ability to offer differing tiers of services and goods.

• I am opposed to net neutraliy

It is another tax just like Jonathan Gruber said on u tube this president wants the defiect at 18 trillion before Obama leaves Office !!! He is right Americans are stupid ! Listen to C -Span before work and they repeat it at night ! Stay informed it is the only way you understand politics ! Meanwhile we the Obama administration does not care , he does not follow the condition or rule of law ! Then it is fund tsing and golf , vacations not that Reagan and bush did it also ! So the question is how do you feel about more taxes ?