Is New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's response to protests against police brutality partially to blame for the murders of two NYPD police officers?

• The most blame falls on law enforcement.

Let me start by saying that I don't support wonton killing. It's a tragedy that those two cops had to die for the misdoings of others. However, there's one reason for the anti-police sentiment that led to the murders, and that's police brutality. The institution of law enforcement has been pushing society's buttons for too long. No, not all cops are bad. Not all cops deserve to die. But every cop who's ever made an unjust arrest, shaken a guy down, or simply been an aggressive pr*ck has blood on his hands. When the people are angry, innocents die. Not saying it's right, just cause and effect. I hope every corrupt cop in America can't sleep knowing their actions played a role in these deaths, and probably many more to come.

• Murders of NYPD police officiers on one man

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio is getting a lot of heat for the brutal murders of NYPD police officers and it is completely unfounded. In today's society, one must be deranged to actually consider murdering another human and to suggest that a mayor would somehow influence another person in this manner is disrespectful and wrong. During this time of mourning, the NYPD needs to stop pointing fingers and reflect on the bravery of their officers.

• I think the blame for the murder of two NYPD officers belongs only to the man who committed such a henious crime.

Living in New York City myself, I am aware of the rift that has long existed between civilians and the New York City Police Department. Mayor Bill de Blasio came into office and has promoted better dialogue between cops and dwellers of NYC, as well as opening up the issues of racial inequality and police brutality that can no longer be ignored.
    Blaming Mayor de Blasio's support of protests as a cause of the murder of these two officers is simply inaccurate and not thought out by anyone believing such propganda.

• Union To Blame

If you want to blame someone, blame the union that set a bad precedent. The NYPD and their union, especially, is out of control. No one deserves to die on the job but the union is what made this situation even worse. Admit a mistake was made. Don't tell people what a chokehold isn't.

• No absolutely not

I don't think it is fair to blame anyone for what happened, except the obviously mentally disturbed man who committed the crimes. No one would have suspected that someone would just walk up to a car and shoot people in the back of the head. They may have been prepared for protests, but this is out of the box crazy stuff.