Is New York's stop-and-frisk program constitutional?

• It is not

Because i said so, so there, an because i'm really really smart. Boom! I also know my abc's A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z . SO THERE THATS WHY. Duhhhh

• Life over inconvenience

Last time I checked, most people would choose life over temporary inconvenience. This 'Great' country has what may amount to 3,000 people shot in just one city this year. I bet those people would have rather the shooter be stopped and checked then shot and killed or scarred for life.

• The Pathway to Peace

The stop and frisk program in New York has shown that is deters crime. It doesn't matter who gets targeted it deters potential people from carrying anything illegal. The program also makes the streets a safer place to be. Creates a felling of security by getting rid of the criminals and stopping potential ones.

• .................................... .................................. ..............................................................

. .. ... . .. .. . . . . .. .. ... .... ... .. .. .. . ... ... .. . .... ... .. ... . .. . .. .. . ... . .. ... . . . .. ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . ..

• ......... ... ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• New York’s “Stop – and – Frisk” policy is 100% Unconstitutional

The newly instituted policy of stop and frisk, instituted by the New York City Police Department is being attacked adamantly, and with good cause. There have been indications that the policy is quota and racially driven, but even if both of those are true, the underlying reason for ending these procedures lies within our constitution. Plain and simple, citizens of the United States of America have the right to not be stopped without due cause or suspicion by law enforcement, to have their person or property searched. It is written clearly in the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and should certainly be sufficient grounds to have this policy terminated immediately.

• Yes, the stop and frisk program is unconstitutional.

People have the constitutional right to protect themselves from unreasonable search and seizure. New York's program violates the spirit of the 4th amendment in the name of anti-terrorism. New York law enforcement have skirted around the issue in the name of protecting the populace. Citizens should not be allowed to have their persons violated in the defense of our country. It is violation of our rights, and should be immediately stopped.

• It is not

• It is not

• The Pathway to Peace

• No, probably not.

It is questionable whether the stop and frisk program that is run by the New York police is constitutional. However, there is no question that it has been effective in stopping the rise in crime in that city. So one must sometimes decide between legality or even morality and effectiveness.

• The Declaration of Independence

Ok, SO the declaration of independence was created about 250 years ago, and it says that all people are “endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness---That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their powers from the consent of the governed.”
    People have the unalienable right for LIBERTY--- this stop and frisk program is not liberty, it is oppressive and unfair. Also, government bodies are created to protect people and their basic unalienable rights. Protecting people's privacy and dignity is part of that.

• It is not.

What New York is doing is taking a piece of case law and twisting it around in hopes of using some kind of a scheme to fight crime. They are stopping and frisking people at a much greater extent than they are supposed to be, and that's not right in this country.

• New York's stop and frisk program is a violation of our rights!

It is unconstitutional for anyone to be frisked the minute they step out of their home! These random searches are degrading and disgusting. I understand the law wanting to put a stop on violence, but to randomly pick out a certain individual for a search could be considered a racist act.

• New York's stop-and-frisk program is unconstitutional since it's profiling.

Last time I checked, the whole thing with that program is that they are basically saying that there is probable cause because you have happen to be in a certain area and look a certain way. And, also, last time I checked, that was called profiling and doesn't really meet the criteria for reasonable search and seizure.

So, yes, it's unconstitutional.