• Yes he is a great actor

I don't have to support my point his movies do, I've seen people say he is bad because he's taken bad movies because he desperate, but what does his personal struggles have to do with the fact that he's an excellent actor and I might add can anyone who's complaining do better if so please tell me so I can take Nicholas off my list of favorite actors and add you. Let's no bring up how bad someone is and you can't act your way out of a paper bag.

• Blame his movies

If Nicholas Cage didn't star in terrible movies like Ghost Rider 1&2, Knowing and The Wicker Man, these movies would have either gone direct to video or not have been made at all. Who knows why he bothers to do them. However, the large number and wide variety of bad films he stars in proves that he has a wide acting range.

• Blame his movies

Nicholas Cage is nowadays cast into so many bad movies such as Knowing, The Wicker Man and Ghost Rider 1&2 that one wonders why he bothers to do them. However, if these movies didn't star him, they would have gone direct to video or not have been made at all. Also, the large number and variety of bad movies he is in serve to show how wide his acting range is.

• Everything has an answer

We just haven't found why. He is Schroedinger's actor, good and bad at the same time BUT if we open the box we find it's the good actor. He keeps getting hired so there is something. We can't tell for sure. TL;DR nobody must know, nobody can know, don't try to know.

• He keeps getting hired and i'm guessing it's not just down to his hair so someone wants him

Why would he keep landing all these roles? Surly there must be better actors to have done the ghostrider role but he got it so why????? Because hes good. He must be good at something. Just when you think hes good after watching Conair, Face-off he gives you the wicker man, ghostrider, so what is it ?

• He is Nick Cage.

How can you not love him ? He did awesome movies like National Tresaure and Con Air. Also his hair is a bird, so anyone who says he's a bad actor's argument is invalid. Sure ghost rider and the wicker man were kinda bad, but every actor has bad movies right ?

• He is good actor

He already approved it in many movies. As I understand and know he is a very good actor, I will keep waiting his new movie that will break down all the people say. He is a good actor he need a very good plot and stories and a good role

• Goood Good Good

He tries really hard and does good stuff and even though he stars in a bunch of bad movies he himself is a great great actor. He even won an oscar in his younger years So i rate him a ten out of ten. He just need good roles. Please

• He's much better than good.

He's a great example of a good actor in a bunch of bad movies. Even in the bad ones there's something still worth watching in there. I think he was amazing in Leaving Las Vegas, and even better perhaps in Raising Arizona; and while he may sometimes "over-act" I think that you should put yourself in his shoes. He gets handed a script, reads a line that he think sounds goofy as all hell, and has to try to emulate a genuine emotion for that line. Anyone would do the same.

• I had never been able to describe why I thought Nicolas Cage is a good actor, until I heard Chuck Klosterman do it for me...

For year I debated it. How can a guy do Con Air AND Leaving Las Vegas. Can someone be so absurdly talented one minute, and overact in every other? One day, I was listening to the B.S. Report and Chuck came on, as he usually tends to do. They were discussing who some of the better actors of this generation or some other nondescript actor and he described it better than I ever could.

Sample: Leonardo Dicaprio. One of the best actors in the game today and one of the most well-liked. Any movie he chooses now, he plays an important, defined, and archetypal. A mandingo loving slave owner. A Boston junkie moonlighting as a Statie. Jay f&cking Gatsby. Phenomenal acted parts, all of them. However there is one thing he can't do, and that is go off the deep end. I don't mean throw yourself into something that could potentially do yourself or others damage i.e. method acting. I mean, aside from that, being able to play a character in that fashion and having someone look at the part and say: "Yah....I guess I could definitely see this in real life."

Chuck K. Said it best. Leonardo Dicaprio, for all intents and purposes could play any historical or psychologically bending thriller of a starring and role and pull it off. Does anyone truly believe he could have played Ben Sanderson? Probably. I'll go as far as to say he assuredly could have, and would have, AND very well. The point is this: Even were he to have done so, would his Ben Sanderson been better than Nicolas Cage's performance? The answer simply is, and quite emphatically I might add, no....And it's really not even close.

• Memes wesley is a god

Hes not a meme wesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a godwesley is a god

• I hate him

He ducks so bad. Seriously, watch anything he's ever done, he's so good it makes me sick. Seriously, let's be honest here, he's the worst. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• He sucks at movies

The wickerman was the worst I have ever seen and the only reason I hated it was because of Nicholas cage. The "not the bees " scene was the worst scene in movie history and that was nick cages fault. Also national treasure was awful and national treasure 2 didn't even need to be a movie it was so useless

• One trick pony

Has appeared in a HUGE amount of terrible movies and can only play the part of 'Nicolas Cage' , no matter what era , genre etc. I've enjoyed a few of his films sure , but he's wooden and inflexible in his style. Totally unbelievable as a 'hard man' . Unfunny . Fact .

• Dude exaggerates all the way

Always laughing and shouting that decibel to loud, the nephew of Francis Ford Coppolla is classic example of hollywood nepotism at its finest. The only movie of his I ever liked was Lord of War. People in here talking about Face-Off are child like for accepting such a ludicrous plot.

• Dude exaggerates all the way

• Extreme Over Acting, Forced dialog

All actors/actresses have had good and bad movies! After all, with multi million dollar homes, expensive cars, etc., you take what roles you can get for the money!
    BUT, how does a person go from a non speaking, hamburger cook (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) to an overnight lead role unless you have someone "inside" opening doors for you, such as a high profile director Uncle??

• Serviceable at best, Shallow and Horrible at worst.

The simplest way to describe my opinion is that his (in)famous freak outs are shallow and don't connect with me on any emotional level. If I can feel the actor's pain and anguish during such explosions, it's effective. Without that feel, the explosions come off like a child throwing a faked tantrum.

• He is an Over Actor!

The only thing he is good at is exaggerating his roles. He is painfully difficult to watch. The first image that always comes to mind is the "Let's Ride" scene in Gone in 60 Seconds. What the Hell was that?! How about "I drive a Volvo... A beige one. Cut me some frickin' slack." from The Rock? I wish I could make lots of money and still be bad at my job...