• Yes, NSA surveillance is worth it.

Yes, NSA surveillance is worth it. NSA surveillance is worth it if it can potentially stop another terrorist attack on U.S. soil. Anything that could prevent a terrorist attack and save hundreds maybe thousands of live sis worth the inconvenience it may cause us citizens.So in my opinion giving up some privacy to prevent terrorism is worth it.

• NSA surveillance is worth it.

NSA surveillance is worth it because it helps to protect the country. People who are not committing crimes or planning acts of terrorism should not care if the government is monitoring them because they have nothing to hide. It is necessary to lose some civil rights in order to protect the country.

• Yes it is a necessary evil

Yes the US was caught spying, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone spies and that it is a necessary evil in this world. If you don't spy then you are losing big time because everyone else is still going to be spying. Spying is almost an accepted evil in the world of politics.

• BOO NSA Boo!

As stated before, my partner and I want to abolish the NSA. The NSA is not helping us at all. We think the harms outweigh the benefits. “We have never heard of PRISM,” said Steve Dowling, a spokesman for Apple. “We do not provide any government agency with direct access to our servers, and any government agency requesting customer data must get a court order.” Apple thinks safety comes first. I do too.
    I shall now state my case. Modern terrorists online are a real risk. No amount of security can completely eliminate risk of terrorists. The NSA used the program PRISM for this search. The PRISM program utilizes extensive data mining efforts to collect information and analyze that data for patterns of terrorist or other potential criminal activity. No warrants were issued for the PRISM program. Instead, it operates under a broader authorization from federal judges who oversee the use of FISA. FISA stands for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. This court determines what is and is not legal for intelligence agencies to do. The records that we know of indicate that they rarely turn down requests from the NSA. According to U.S. Senate candidate Kesha Rogers, "Barack Obama assassinated at least three American citizens, Anwar Al-Awlaki, his 16-year-old son, Samir Khan, and Jude Mohammed, without benefit of due process of law." That is completely not following the 4th amendment. The fourth amendment states that the government cannot search people's homes without a warrant. The National Defense Authorization Act makes it so if the government suspects you are a terrorist, then they can hold you or imprison you without any evidence. That is not following the 5th amendment, which states innocent until proven guilty. Edward Snowden says he can wiretap anyone. "Any analyst at any time can target anyone. Any selector. Anywhere," Snowden said in a video on the Guardian's website. "I, sitting at my desk, had the authority to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant to a federal judge to even the president if I had a personal email." - Edward Snowden.
    Attack the Affirmative plan or case."Hacking is a serious national security problem and the government should be able to take steps to prevent it," said Mark Bartholomew, a professor of law and a cybersecurity expert at the University at Buffalo.
    The NSA is doing nothing to help us. The National Security Agency abuses its power and attacks innocent citizens. Here in America, privacy comes first. We need to abolish the NSA. Thank you for listening and I hope you will support the Negative side.

• Benjamin Franklin Said it Right

Benjamin Franklin said, "Those that give up freedom in the name of security shall have neither." How true that aphorism still is more than 200 years later. The truth is, no matter how much spying or electronic surveillance is conducted, someone will always find a way to carry out a terrorist attack. The NSA's program didn't stop the Boston Marathon bombing now, did it? No, the NSA surveillance isn't worth it because ordinary citizens are automatically unwitting targets. Franklin's point can be taken one step further: how far will our freedoms erode? For right now, the NSA simply monitors phone calls and emails. What if they monitor credit cards, bank accounts, wire transfers and the like? What's next after that? Will the NSA have records of where we travel due to tiny GPS chips in our vehicles? What's to stop the NSA from doing such things? Congress must reign in this horrible program, otherwise those that think America is "exceptional" should go live in Russia if they want to put up with this kind of domestic spying stuff.

• Where are the results?

If NSA surveillance is really actively stopping crime and terrorism, where are the results? There have been three public shooting incidents in the last week. The Boston Marathon was bombed while the PRISM program was active. The only things I've seen is a bunch of defenses for collecting people's personal information.

• NSA surveillance has nothing to do with our safety

Boston Bombing or recent school shootings haven't been stopped, so now what? I don't hear about results about plots being stopped. Why? They keep on spying on the WRONG PEOPLE! 9/11 was not done by Americans, whats next? I bet the NSA is spying on its own allies, I wouldn't be surprised if the NSA causes conflicts with other countries when they begin to spy beyond their jurisdiction.

• NSA surveillance is not worth it.

I believe that the NSA is wasting precious resources by
    spying on innocent Americans. Americans
    didn’t attack the World Trade Center.
    The government should its energy finding the terrorists overseas that
    are making plans right now to attack the government again. They are wasting too much time by chasing and
    watching the wrong people.

• NSA abusing power

The NSA has no business tapping phones or seeing what a person writes on his or her computer. This is not an issue of ambiguity. In the Constitution, the 4th amendment makes it clear that the government is not permitted in such unwarranted searches nor can they invade privacy barring a warrant.