• Nuclear Energy is Bad

1. 57 nuclear accidents since 1986, averaging out to just over two nuclear accidents each year.
    2. 4,000 fatalities in the Chernobyl disaster.
    3. 600,000 people still suffering from the effects of Chernobyl.
    4. 8,015 overall deaths from the Kytshym disaster.
    5. 35 deaths from the Windscale fire.
    6. 181 other deaths from accidents in nuclear plants around the world.
    7. Nuclear explosions can permanently damage DNA.
    8. In 2011, 15 years after the Chernobyl disaster, wolf carcasses were tested for radiation and revealed that the wolves had extremely high levels of radiation. So high that they shouldn’t have been touched with bare human hands.
    9. Birth defects in wolves around Chernobyl have nearly doubled since 1986.
    10. The waste from nuclear power plants will be toxic to humans for 100,000 years after it is released.
    11. There are at least eight relatively easy ways to cause a nuclear meltdown. This is an easy act of terrorism.
    12. Living near a nuclear plant can increase the risk of childhood leukemia and other forms of cancer even if there is no meltdown.
    13. There are not enough sites safe from earthquakes, tsunamis, and other natural disasters to operate safe nuclear power plants.
    14. Even if there were enough feasible sites for nuclear plants, our uranium would be depleted in less than ten years.

• It is bad

It is bad because Is Nuclear energy a good thing or a bad thing? The answer in my oppion is simple. Nuclear energy is bad, it has some pluses but mostly it’s not a good way of getting energy. First of all when Nuclear energy is made it produces a waste which is toxic.

• Nuclear meltdowns can kill thousands

If there's a nuclear melt down thousands of insistent people could die. Its a waste of money and time. It should not exist because we could easily use renewable energy sources like water or solar energy because nuclear energy is not renewable. It also creates bombs that can kill even more people.

• Nuclear energy produces horrible wastes into our sea and atmosphere shrinking our ozone layer everyday of the year.

If we want a better and brighter future for the next generation we better get started by lowering the use of nuclear energy and go the green way by using water to power cities and wind to power cars. Leaving now exhaust behind. So lets try to find more and better ways to power our nation.

• It is bad

Radioactive energy, and nuclear power can both be a blessing and a curse. In my opinion, radioactivity is more often than not, a curse. Overall, environmentally nuclear energy is cleaner and somewhat safer than other forms of fossil fuels. With the chance being very small, I personally do not believe that we should take the risk of destroying our Earth for future generations. A more sustainable and very clean energy source would be solar energy. In addition, there are many practical uses for nuclear energy including medical and everyday home uses. Also, nuclear energy can be negative and positive when it comes to our country’s economics. Nuclear power plants create nearly 100,000 jobs for American citizens. Annually, they generate about $40-$50 billion in revenue for the industry of nuclear energy. On the contrary, almost every nuclear power business borrows or did borrow money from the government in order to fund the costs of construction and technology. Since these companies do not have the cash on hand, the government would pay for any damages or natural disasters. This puts American taxpayers in a position of paying for possible leaks and explosions.
    Nuclear power plants are a technical innovation that helps use radioactivity to supply energy to cities, homes, and businesses across the globe. One might ask; how do nuclear power plants work? Similar to fossil fueled plants, water is turned into steam which then forces turbines to produce electricity. A difference between the two plants is the source of heat. In nuclear power plants, the source of heat is when uranium nuclei split apart (fission). The two different types of reactors are pressurized water reactors and boiling water reactors. A pressurized water reactor heats water but does not boil it. The heated water circulates through tubes inside steam generators, causing the water in the the steam generators to turn to steam. When the steam is produced, it turns the turbine generator. Whereas, in the boiling water reactors, the water that is heated through fission, and boils into steam to turn the turbine generator (Duke Energy). 13 percent of the world’s electricity comes from nuclear energy and power plants.
    Environmentally, radioactivity can be a threat, yet a better source of electricity also.
    Although nuclear energy is a source of cleaner electricity without releasing toxins into the atmosphere, power plants release a small amount of radioactive waste. The buildup of these radioactive atoms contaminates groundwater, dirt, and lurks throughout the air in the atmosphere. Even if the plants don’t emit any poisonous gases while in use, they create just as much during the assembly and building of the plants. Once the particles are out of the reactors, they can never be put back in. The half lives normally are for a very long time, therefore it is very hard to destroy nuclear waste. Every 18 to 24 months a power plant will have to go through the process of removing its wasted uranium fuel.

• NAh bruh plzz

Is Nuclear energy a good thing or a bad thing? The answer in my oppion is simple. Nuclear energy is bad, it has some pluses but mostly it’s not a good way of getting energy. First of all when Nuclear energy is made it produces a waste which is toxic.

• Nuclear energy harms marine life.

According to Arjun Makhijani, president of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research in Maryland, nuclear wastes dumped into the ocean will end all marine life. Humans have not found any other place to dump these wastes. In Japan, it is found that there are about 1.1 million times the legal level of cesium 137, which is a nuclear waste. A Yale website states, “Both short-lived radioactive elements, such as iodine-131, and longer-lived elements — such as cesium-137, with a half-life of 30 years — can be absorbed by phytoplankton, zooplankton, kelp, and other marine life and then be transmitted up the food chain, to fish, marine mammals, and humans. Other radioactive elements — including plutonium, which has been detected outside the Fukushima plant — also pose a threat to marine life.”

• Nuclear energy harms marine life.

• Bad Idea ..

Why would you want to use it? Its dangerous, harmful and people could use it to kill millions! I don't understand why people would actually want to use it when we have the sun. Think people! Just think.... We don't want another nuclear explosion! ~ Sincerely a worried citizen of the world.

• Dangerous Byproducts; Nuclear Waste is Problematic

-93% of the chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) gas emitted in the US per year comes from a uranium enrichment facility in Ohio. CFC is 10,000 to 20,000 times more potent in stratospheric ozone depletion than CO2.
    -Fossil fuels are utilized at every stage of the nuclear fuel cycle
    -Nuclear reactors release radioactive isotopes into the air- krypton, xenon, and argon- and these emissions are unregulated. These isotopes are fat-soluble and therefore migrate to the fatty tissues within the body, such as the upper thighs and abdomen, which is near the reproductive organs.
    -33 tons of thermal waste is produced per year
    -There is no current permanent long-term storage facility for nuclear waste
    -Nuclear waste outside the US's 103 nuclear reactors are potential targets for terrorist attacks since such an attack would release large quantities of radiation.
    -It takes 5 to 50 years for cancer to incubate after exposure to radiation so the effects are rarely immediately noticed.
    -Iodine 131 concentrates in leafy vegetables and can cause thyroid cancer
    -Strontium 90 concentrates in milk and can cause breast cancer, bone cancer and leukemia
    -Cesium 137 concentrates especially in meat and can cause muscle cancer
    -Plutonium 239 is treated like iron by the human body and therefore can cause liver, blood, and lung cancer, as well as congenital deformities.
    -Plutonium is used as fuel for nuclear weapons. Only 5kg is required to make a bomb, while each nuclear reactor produces about 200kg per year.

• Im super gay

Nuclear power supports gays. I love being gay but sometimes without nuclear i can't be gay. When there is nuclear power near me i have the ability to love cock, with out nuclear power i would be very unhappy with my life :( but since it does exist, i get to be wicked gay #I<3Dick!

• Im super gay

Report Post

• Im super gay

• Im super gay

• Im super gay

• Im super gay

• Im super gay

• Im super gay

• Im super gay