Is Obama's health care reform a step in the right direction?

• Obama's health care reform is a step in the right direction.

Obama's health care reform is a step in the right direction because it will increase access to health care for Americans who do not have insurance already. The Afforadable Care Act will bring America in line with other industrialized nations that offer their citizens free, universal health coverage as a civil right.

• One step forward

The ideal health care plan for all citizens of so-called civilized countries should be a Universal health care plan, or a health care plan that is completely government subsidized. The original health care plan proposed by Obama has been limited severely by making concessions to the GOP, but it is at least a step forward.

• It's getting better

I think that the things that were implemented in the Affordable Care Act are definitely a step in the right direction for the country. The fact that you can get insurance with pre existing conditions and that there are no longer life term limits are just a few good things.

• Just A Step

I believe Obama's health care reform is a step in the right direction. I believe it has helped some people understand that everyone does deserve health care. As an uninsured person, I can't tell you how many times I've been looked square in the face and told if I can't afford it, then I don't deserve it. To wit, I didn't ask for the few measly health problems I do have. None the less, it is a step in the right direction, but hopefully we'll see some good amendments to it, that will make it even better in the future.

• Its hurting our nation

The government need to stay away from government and deciding what's best for the people when it comes to healthcare. After all, the government can't even run the post office or AMTRAK since neither one makes a profit. The Affordable Care Act is Unaffordable, individuals and families are spending up to three times more on health coverage for less quality coverage. Before the ACA, an individual could get a $2500 deductible for less than $200 a month. Today, individuals are getting high deductibles that are over $10,000 per person for around $300 a month knowing that if end up in the hospital, they are screwed over because they cannot afford to pay the deductible to get coverage the need. Also, the ACA was suppose to reduce premiums by over $2500 a year per person, you could keep your own doctor and this law was going to cover over 30 million Americans with medical coverage. Today, Americans are paying more for health coverage for less coverage, Americans are losing their chose of having the doctor they want to go to (and I was one of many who lost their doctor because of Obamacare), and over 30 million Americans still don't have medical coverage and the Democrats who passed the bill before they found out what's in in still don't know what's it to this very day.

• Anyone who says yes is obviously not caring about facts of any kind.

Taxes hurt businesses, which lay off workers to keep making the same amount of money at least. Those laid off end up asking for government assitance, not because they want to for the most part. This in turn creates the idea that more government oversight is needed or control. And all of the ones who say it is a step in the right direction, say so because it feels right to say it. We are helping, we are doing 'something'. But already people are struggling, already businesses are laying off, already businesses send their work elsewhere because the AMerican worker is getting more expensive to hire, more businesses turn to illegal labor, to temp work visas.

And somehow today is a civil right? All because some individuals do not understand the difference between doing what feels right and doing what is right.

Posted by: N711
  • It is too controlling.

No, Obama's health care reform is not a step in the right direction, because people are losing hours at work so that their employers do not have to comply with Obamacare. We now live in a society where personal responsibility is viewed as optional. It is unfortunate that we no longer have choice over our own health care, which is often life and death.