• Research on the mind is a great idea.

Researching the brain is always a good idea if nothing else for mental health and stability. We have many initiatives to help us study the effects of cancer, reproductive organs, and the human body in general. We need to start focusing on the problems of the brain, the effects many outside factors have on the brain, as well as how the brain works when related to sicknesses, and mental performances. The more we research the more we know, the more we can fix the problems that arise.

• Great for medical discoveries.

Although I do not agree with a lot of what Obama does, I do agree that the new BRAIN initiative could be a good idea. The brain is a marvelous thing and by studying the brain, more scientific discoveries can be made. It could possibly lead to finding cures that affect the brain, such as Alzheimer's.

• Yes, the new brain initiative is a good idea as it may help us cure diseases like Alzheimer or mental illness.

Just like almost every question posed to the general public, there are many different views about new technology. Usually an individual has a specific views of new technology because of their own personal experiences. The new brain initiative has several very good reasons for continuing to move forward with more research. With the new initiative, it may be possible to treat or even cure diseases like Alzheimer's or senile dementia. The down side this type of research is that we currently only understand a very small amount of information on how the brain works. Also, the new technology involved in the brain initiative could cause even more damage that there originally was. Time and testing will tell us if this initiative is a viable solution and worth pursuing.

• Yes President's BRAIN (Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies) initiative will be benefit the country and mankind in general.

The BRAIN initiative is an excellent idea. Brain diseases (in many forms) are on the increase. They range for Autism, that affect 1 in 50 children under age 12, to Alzheimer’s Disease that is predicted to affect 14 million American seniors by 2050. It is time that we invest both the time, effort and money required to map the human brain and gain insight into its workings.

• Yes, it's time

While it remains to be seen what mapping our brains can do for us, it's a virtual impossibility that it won't be useful in finding out how to fight some diseases. I'm amazed we haven't already done this if we're confident we can (and considering how successful the genome mapping was we should be), this is long overdue and I look forward to seeing the GOP reject it for no rational reason.

• Techno-slavery in our futures?

The latest issue of Scientific American outlines some of the techniques being developed. If you are one of those people that think politicians and Science's big-business partnerships are all benevolent and focused on the good of humanity, then you will be all for this BRAIN program. Those of you who understand what will be possible when people in the government will be able to go far beyond simple EEG's and watching a few neurons light up - that they are working on putting nano-devices in the brain that will be able not only to SEE what's going on in there but to trigger neurons to fire (switch on ) when desired....If they ever get this kind of technology up and working, say hello to a world as scary as the MATRIX movie.

• I believe it is the great deception and a setup for ubiquitous surveillance.

The biggest mistake Obama made is the brain initiative. It is the great deception. He is implanting everyone with radio frequency communication chips aka nerve stimulators or wireless in-body antennas. In Virginia, state and local police give you three options: 1) be put in a stabilization ward and tortured, 2) be put in jail and be tortured, or 3) be infected with an infectious disease. My microchip is protruding from my cancer surgery scars. Even though it was implanted without my knowledge and consent by Dr. Lawrence Chang of Pariser Dermatology, surgeons refuse to remove it. This implant allows them to read your mind. It is the most heinous atrocious torture you can imagine. It uses technologies like the audio spotlight by Holosonics. Wireless tazing with lasers that come through the electrical outlets - see network world (hacking your computer through electrical outlets). The Army at Picatinny created a laser induced plasma channel and steered lightening at a car. State Trooper Jared Vance informed everyone they come through the electronics in your home. They use radio frequency software, lasers, and millimeter wave transmitters to create holograms and tap into your mind seeing through your eyes what your brain sees and hearing what you hear. (see The Mind Weapon by DARPA). The brain initiative is the great deception. It is a microchip implant initiative to enable law enforcement ubiquitous surveillance. See Safeguards in a World of Ambient Intelligence by Springer to learn about the project. At lease the European Union is trying to inform their public and protect them. Obama is destroying lives and the economy. After everyone is defamed, defrauded, unemployable and suffering, who takes care of us. Will there be indentured servitude? You should read my federal case if you want to see fraud, perjury, abuse of power, obstruction of justice and torture. Even the Federal District Court Judge knew I was in excruciating pain (according to her own clerk of courts) and she refused to grant a motion for cessation of torture. This is the weapon of the anti-Christ and the mark of the beast. These law enforcement officers are criminals and do not uphold the Constitution. People need to read and be leery of your physician. If CSB comes near you, tell them you know about their crisis stabilization fraud. See forbes.Com and search Brandon Raub. Virginia has one of the highest suicide rates in the country! Check out Brian Castner's book The Long Walk - our vets are being tortured into suicide. He says, "this is my new life. It's intolerable." I never served in the war, but I know how he feels. We should impeach Obama!