Is organized crime decreasing to the extent that average, everyday citizens never need concern themselves with taking steps to defend themselves against it?

• Yes, I think organized crime has decreased to a level where the average american does not need to concern themselves with it.

I think organized crime in America has declined dramatically over the past decade, the Government has many departments and resources dedicated to stopping organized crime before it gets to the point that they become to powerful to stop, I think overall with laws such as the RICO act organized crime is very minor in today's society.

• Yes, organized crime isn't as much of a problem today as it was before.

I definitely think that organized crime is decreasing to a point that the average person do not really have to worry about defending themselves against it. I think that law enforcement officials and the government measures have done a really good job to combat organized crime here in the United States.

• Yes, this is part of the reason.

Gone are the days where people had to pay off organized crime bosses for "protection." The intelligence agencies and police forces around the world have thwarted much of the organized, 1st world crime that had been taking place for decade after decade. So yes, it is decreasing because of that reason.

• Yes It Has

I believe organized crime has decreased to the extent that the average citizen does not need to concern themselves with taking steps to defend themselves against it. I believe people who are involved with these types of crimes are generally the targets who are harmed by them. They don't seek out common citizens.

• Organized crime still has sme power

The power that organized crime has is decreasing from where it was several decades ago, but they still have some influence that citizens need to worry about. The mob has been strong throughout the 20th century in America, and its influence has definitely gone down since the police have cracked down so hard.