Is our addiction to social media inspiring violence?

• It creates physical and emotional distance from those with whom we communicate.

Let me first say that social media can be a wonderful thing and an excellent way of staying in touch with people and/or disseminate information quickly. But because it distances us from those with whom we communicate both physically and emotionally, I would argue that empathy for others or at least a more basic respect people would offer others to their face is lost. I would argue that, for most people, it's a lot easier to say rotten things to people when they are not speaking to them face to face. Typing things in to a computer is not the same as talking to someone face to face.

• To a degree

People are definitely more abusive with word choice when they can hide behind their screen. Find it interesting the first few comments are profanity that can be interpreted at violent by some or perhaps the person is not intelligent enough to express themself. Either way, cyber bullying is on the rise leading to suicides. Kijiji ad selling a truck ended in murder. Violent acts recorded have been repeated viewed as entertainment and people in the videos have been suicidal. Issues regarding this constantly in paper. Reteah parsons. Amanda Todd. People need to become informed and realize it has contributed to violence in society.

• Thats totally fkin shit!!!!

Bullshit ass fuckersef
    f
    fe
    fe
    ef
    f
    fa f afefefefafa fa s s s f saf afa fs f sffg f g gg fgdfdsfsfFD d d df df df SDf df df dc vv c vcv v c v cv cv cvcvc v c vv v v v dfdfdfd

• Copycat kill people

Some people see others kill something and post on social media and they imitate this action. This is a reason why social media can cause violent in most of many people who use social media very frequently. So social media should be limited or even banned in order to avoid bad consequences.

• Attention thirsty criminals

The reason social media can cause violence is because when someone kills another and posts it on social media, they see that thousands and maybe even millions of people are seeing it. I think that people who want the attention that the killers get are the people affected most by social media.

• It does to certain degree.

Social media might not caused one to physically committed violence action, however it is certainly inspired people to be more aggressive and possibly more violence against society, at least the cyber one. For example in web board where our real identity is protected, people can be more bold and open to what they wouldn't dare to say if the person they are talking is standing face-to-face. Not only their identity is protected to a degree but also the conversation is not real time so one can have more time to thick, research and came up with a better argument than in real conversation. In some case, social media users can expected their peers or like mind to join in and protect them when they are losing. This cyber lynching is an evident to increase aggression of cyber human not vise versa.

• We nut adickted

Hi bruh bruh u d h s la h d e w I o f w o e f h e o f e w hf f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f g g g g g g g g g

• Social media addiction is not violence

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Thats totally fkin shit!!!!

Bullshit ass fuckersef
    f
    fe
    fe
    ef
    f

• Social Media addiction is not violent

I know people who are very much addicted to social media. In fact, they claim it's their best to really vent out feelings and frustrations. That being said, I do not believe a social media addiction can lead to any kind of physical violence what so ever. Just an argument here or there.

• It doesn't seem relevant

I don't think that it has anything to do with it. You could use that same argument for anything in life. Any correlation argument can be made with just about anything. Media loves to sensationalize everything just for ratings and people love to quote things based on their own agenda.

• No our addiction to social media is not inspiring violence

No, I do not think that our addiction to social media is inspiring violence, and that those people who choose to commit violent acts wanted to all along. I think that social media is helping to make aware those who are violent criminals and want to do bad things, but it was there all along before social media.

• Violence From Social Media?

I don't feel that violence is being created by social media. There has always been violence in our world; the only difference between now and 20 years ago is the rate that information is spread. Yes, there will be some criminals that will seek their 5 minutes of fame, but social media is not inspiring them to act out.

• First of all, I'm not sure we are addicted to social media.

Social media is becoming a bigger part of our everyday lives, but I'm not sure we are addicted as a society. But I don't think our increased usage of social media inspires violence. I think in many cases, social media allows already violent people to better plan and organize their activities. I think social media enables a mob mentality that can certainly get ugly at times, but violent physical outbursts rarely result from internet mob-rage, and on occasion, we see positive results when a crowd comes together to back up someone they feel have been wronged. There are positive and negative sides to our increased use of social media, but overall, I don't think it is causing an increase in violence.