• Found out reason to live

I believe that yes today the contemporary world is been obsessed by media celebrities just because they find out the solution or answers of their life through them. Lets talk about youth here, From their childhood they are been thought that their reason or way to spend life is to study and work hard so that their future can be safe and secure and can be good. They are only be forced to become doctor, engineer or business man but today the society wants something different, they find themselves as creative and wanted t indulge themselves from these mainstream job and that is why when they see any media celebrity spend or living the life as wish they could spend are being influence or obsessed by those. On other hand as their is concern of reflection of negative image or negative impact through these celebrities on society, so the thing is that there not the one to show us about negativity or creating negative impact its us who are adopting negative lifestyle and that is what making society worsen.

• Way out of control

People die every second in Syria, Afghanistan and North Korea but we only care what the Kardashians are wearing. Its annoying I can't live the way I want without learning about a dumb celeb, like geez you're not that important celebrities ruin America from there annoying live it's so stupid

• Way out of control

• I hate dem friken twiiter ferllews on da fames peeps

Why is keeping up with the hot topic people so importation. The reason socioty is so f**ed is because the people that are important are stupid. Really no non stalker really cares about kim cardashians vacations, just her butt. However the basic sites to do this on or celebs people follow don't even want the publicity. Give them some privacy

• It is unhealthy

In today's society, celebrities play a big role. The celebrities influence people in good and bad ways depending on what their lifestyle promotes. Celebrities lives are becoming more and more public everyday and people are becoming more and more interested or 'obsessed' with what these celebrities are doing.
    I think that peoples 'obsession' with celebrities is becoming unhealthy to a certain extent. I think that the majority of young people get affected by celebrities more than adults. Teens are especially influenced by the actions of celebrities. There is no reality in what is shown to young people in magazines or social media. Some celebrities are bad influences and encourage drugs and alcohol. They are always shown having the perfect body and you never really see what happens behind the scenes. Celebrities diets are always being showcased and many young people feel pressured into looking like the celebrities. Young people set their goals on being rich and famous for singing or playing football. There are very few people who become successful in these industries. Real life struggles are never shown in any media coverage which gives people an unrealistic perspective.
    There are bad role models. Kim Kardashian isn't a very good role model. She promotes vanity to millions of people via all her social media pages. She does have a very good figure but she is very self obsessed and likes to show it all the time. She takes loads of selfies with lots of makeup on. She isn't someone who is known to give to charity much considering the amount of money she earns. Kim is soon realising a hard backed book of pictures of herself. There will be 352 page book of selfies of her and the title of the book is "Selfish" This book will be about £20. This is really vain and it is teaching young people that it's okay to be selfish. It is unhealthy buying a book on pictures of one person and only that person. This book shows that she knows she is pretty and is trying to make people jealous.
    Society's obsession is becoming more unhealthy. Celebrities are everywhere and there is no way of escaping them. They are on every magazine, newspaper, TV and all over the internet. Most of the time we are forced into hearing about celebrities lives that we do not care about. The media has more of an obsession with celebrities than society. I have been looking through some peoples responses and they have very similar views. One person says, "We are made to want to know about their lives even if most of us don't care they seem to have been a cover up to more important things like a countries bad economy or the likes of the Ebola disease." I agree with this comment. We are always forced to know what is happening in celebrities lives and it is becoming unhealthy.

• Yes it is a problem.

We are forced that whenever we turn on the tv we find ourselves looking at some celebrity we really couldn't give a damn about. And when I go to checkout my groceries, I see every magazine has some person that I have no idea what they've even done for society.

• Yes yes yes

Hello?! Stalkers, did nobody read the story about Miranda Kerr and her stalker? She is one lucky gal! But that was definately because of the media.... He became so obsessive over her and wanted to kill her because he was that obsessed.. Its happened to plenty others too.. Scary stuff

• Society has an obsession with celebrities

We can't turn on the television without there being a show about celebrities on. Even the supposed serious news programs such as the local news has stories on celebrities. At one point magazines hired models who were not actresses or singers to be on magazine covers. Now those covers have celebrities on them. There are also people who bond over gossiping about celebrities when they can instead get to know one another on a human level. Also look at the millions of dollars celebrities make; there is too much value placed on them. Everyday heroes like firefighters, police officers, medical staff (doctors, nurses, emergency responders) who do a lot more for society don't get paid during their lifetime what an "A list" celebrity makes in one year.

• No it I ain't

They deserve there privacy in our world.
    Yes they should be protected,they are just doing a job What gives the media the right to follow/stalk them everywhere they go. The deserve the right to live their life in privacy just like everyone else does. It's fine to take pictures when on the red carpet etc but at all other times they should be left alone.

• Celebrities All The Rage

For whatever reason our society has decided to rely heavily on media and especially, celebrities. I personally believe people are far too obsessed with celebrities. Celebrities are common people, no different than anyone else in the population. They go to work, complete there job and then go home. Granted there schedules aren't usually that simple, they are still people just like your next door neighbor.

• No it I ain't

• It can be healthy

I personaly think that we are driven by celebrities but not to driven. Like if we we were obbsedesd with celebrites we would be doing everything they do. I do not see all these people acting like Donald trump or the kardashians. Plus sporting stars can be celevrities and when you are a kid you want to be just like them right? So you try and try you gain self confidence and fitness. We are obsessed with the good things that the celebrites do not the bad things because when a celebrity does something reall dumb they are laughed at and people who mabey are thinking of doing that think well look everyone is laughing at this person what will they think of me when I do it so it stops them from doing the dumb thing.

P.S please tell me if this would do well in a debate coz I am going to debate this topic

• It's poopy af

Like when I wake up at midnight and I think to myself that daylight savining is a sht af system and I don'[t linke it cuzx it means I neede to go to skool like at 2 am cuz daylight sddgszwer twertwer tergtergergre g ergr gr gr gr grg r gr gr

• We are obsessed with them ourselves

Its so dumb the way people are saying that there annoyed by it its like you follow celebrities on social media u buy magazines so you are the problem if you don't do that how would u find out plus your part of our society so just ignore if u want to hate on those kinds of things

• I believe we are but not because we want to

I don't disagree that we as 'normal' people aren't obsessed with celebrities but I think the reasons we are obsessed with them are because we are made to because in every aspects of our lives we are accompanied by them not physically but mentally and emotionally I say this because you can't turn on the TV without seeing an ad with a celebrity in it or watch the news without the likes of Beyoncé and jay z making an headline or even a local newspaper. The kardashians make headline nearly every week when really we couldn't give a damn about their lives. The conclusion to my point is we are made to want to know about their lives even if most of us don't care they seem to have been a cover up to more important things like a countries bad economy or the likes of the Ebola disease