Is our youth being corrupted by the way ratings are being done?

Asked by: Adam2
  • I feel like R-rated movies being re-rated PG-13 on appeal is sending the wrong message to our children

In the old days if a film had explicit sex and profanity the film got an R at least. And it stood that way. Nowadays, I feel like they're re-appealing movies to get a PG-13 for more viewers. It ain't good. The innocence of our youth today is being tainted. And I mean on appeal, with no cuts.

• Yes, video games are too impressionable.

Yes, our youth are being corrupted by the way ratings are done, because video games are very impressionable on children. Rating systems are very lenient, and children often want to buy video games, simply because the box says they are old enough to have them. Rating systems should demand more parental input before purchases.

• No It's Not

Our youth is not being corrupted. Every generation for the past 200 years has suggested that the next up and coming generation is being corrupted and is not as good as the generation prior to it. But in reality, new technology, art, and literature don't corrupt any more than the prior generations versions of the same did.