• this needs to stop

When teens act impulsively they must deal with the consequences, having a child is so much responsibility that many teens cannot take on. Adolescents under the age of eighteen should not be able to have babies. There not it the right financial stage nor ready to have such responsibility, they will suffer, there grandparents will suffer and most importantly the children will suffer

• Overpopulation is a global crisis because there will be a struggle for food in the near future if the world gets too populated.

I believe that overpopulation is indeed a global crisis. This is because as the world gets more populated, the food supply must increase to support the newborns. I think that once the world has reached its limits, the fittest will survive and the developing countries will fail to support their people with food, causing mass starvation all around. Overpopulation also causes less jobs to be available around the globe, and thus causes families to struggle hard and live on the streets.

Posted by: N34rIyGaIv
  • YES unless we fix it.

One immense issue having to do with the environment is overpopulation. There are approximately 490,000 babies born every day worldwide and increases every day because of the cycle it creates (more people, more babies). Since birth has been perfected by doctors and scientists and researchers amazingly have found many cures to sicknesses and diseases more people are living longer. Overpopulation affects the demand for materials. The planet is having an increasingly tough time getting by with the high demand for resources and materials. Because nearly 80 million people are added to the planet every year a healthy future does not look very good unless we change our demand for materials and materials that can be recycled. The higher demand for materials and food calls for more packaging and more use of land to grow crops or build factories which is eliminating rural areas.

• Overpopulation is wrong

In the cause of overpopulation is mainly because of all the babies born so I say stop having babies as often as we are. Overpopulation does mega damage to our economy such as pollution because of all the new factories made for making baby milk and all the artificial flavorings in food, it also means more ambulances built in factories.

• Overpopulation is destroying the natural environment, exhausting resources, and putting societies at risk of collapse.

For anyone who thinks the continuous growth of the human population on Earth is nothing to be concerned about, I suggest you read Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jare Diamond. The book reminds us that many advanced civilizations came before us, grew greatly in population and complexity, and then collapsed. Diamond identifies five factors that led to past collapses, the most significant being environmental damage and how a society responds to its environmental problems. In every case, the parallel growth of population and demand for natural resources led to environmental destruction. Today, we have a world population over 7 billion that has increased demand for food, water, fossil fuels, electricity, not to mention a vast array of non-essential products, to an extent that is mind boggling. Diamond points out that China, although still a developing nation, is growing wealthier and its population desires a firstworld standard of living. And yet, if over a billion people converted to first world rates of consumption the demand for resources would far surpass supply.. Nature will not be able to provide.

• Peace is not possible with an overpopulated world

Too many people means to many uncontrolled mess and chaos.
    The world cannot live in peace with overpopulation.
    It is better for this world to decrease the human population so it's more controllable and can live in peace. Like a fresh new start.
    An overpopulated world will simply destruct itself.

• Supply and Demand

If considered somewhat like a commodity, the supply of humans and their labor will cause wages to fall. The majority of the world's people cannot find jobs that pay a decent wage today. The increasing oversupply of workers in agriculture and industry is especially troublesome. Simplistic opposing arguments are typically related to the classic "more people increases demand for goods and services, which creates more jobs. However, if that idea were valid then we would not have nearly a billion people living in slums unable to earn more than a dollar a day.

• Overpopulation why it sucks.

Our world is way too over populated!!!!!! There are 5 people born and 2 people die every second!!! Overpopulation is something the government needs to think of and try to stop....Well people need to be more aware of how many people there are on the world..... I'm not saying to stop, just slow down.

• Yes, overpopulation is a crisis.

From global warming to famine and undernourishment, extinction of species and lastly the general quality of life, it should be pretty obvious to anyone that overpopulation is affecting everybody. People need to seriously reconsider their needs in regards to reproducing, and governments need to implement strong population policies that address this huge problem.

• Overpopulation is the apocalypse of the future.

Overpopulation is the apocalypse of the future. That is not to say that it is not a problem of outstanding proportions at the present time. The third world countries are already suffering from too little food and famine is the end result. The answer of too little food is being approached with food modification techniques which are not acceptable to a large percentage of the population. And certainly the methods to control population in some countries has failed and never legitimized.

• Plenty of land: here are the numbers.

The United Kingdom alone has a population density of 661.9 per sq. Mile. If you took the entire population of the Earth and put them on North America, the population density would only be approximately 743 per sq. Mile, which is smaller than the population density of Hong Kong.

I think I have said enough.

• I disagree, over breeding is not a global issue yet, because United States has plenty of untapped resources.

Last time I looked the entire world could live comfortably within the borders of the State of Texas, and America provides 30% of the worlds food while only using 10% of it's available land for farming. So if we can house the whole world in Texas and feed it solely with the land in Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska, I don't think too many people are the problem. I think too many under educated, untrained people who are allowed to vote are the problem.

Posted by: EIvMd0gg
  • The whole world can fit in France

My point is that it is a fact that the whole world can fit into France at the same population density as Paris. Now I would say that is pretty liveable. I am not saying that we stuff the whole world into France but I am saying that if it is possible then we have the rest of the world for production of resources. I know that a lot of the world is infertile and uninhabitable but we are still left with a lot of space. So as far as I am concerned there is no population crisis.

• It's a fact that...

Overpopulation is impossible. We die. We reproduce to our needs and environment. As a popluation gain better health and education, in turn this provides work and wealth. Not only does this consume time and effort but it negates the 'need' to have children. The average family now has 2.2 children which is barely enough to keep the population stable as, again I reiterate, we, as a species, die. If we somehow live for eternity then I would say there would be a problem. But we don't so there isn't.
    Those who say "Yes" to this answer are highly uneducated. This worries me and should worry you, too.

• No, because I believe that the Earth is very capable of handling the human population.

The Earth is a powerful organism that has great controls over all of nature. We are part of nature, and I believe that if we ever get to the point where the Earth cannot handle our population, then it will operate in a means necessary to get rid of some or all of us. We can see this in how quickly and easily the Earth is able to kill off many thousands of people by natural disaster in mere minutes.

Posted by: MariaR
  • No, there's plenty of land for all...

Not at all. There have been plenty of studies that have proven we are not even close to global overpopulation. The amount of untapped resources is enough to sustain life for hundreds of years, barring any major catastrophic events. With the advancements of science and technology we will discover new ways to live and prosper, to ensure we have the resources and land we need for the future.

• Overpopulation is not a global crisis since overpopulation is a myth.

The belief that the world is overpopulated is a simple myth. There are many areas of the world that have little or no human habitation. The entire population of the world could be fit in a space significantly smaller than the United States of America. Even when you add the extra space required for growing food and other resources there is still plenty of global land mass that would stand fallow.

Posted by: ElwBoardin
  • Overpopulation means destruction of the earth.

Population is growing means more requirements of land for agriculture and for homes,already we have destructed 65% of forest,and whatever has been left ,it will be also finished due to large population, and if forest disappear means pollution ,which results in global warming .Which simply means "life will not possible on earth."
    by - rupak sahi

• Overcrowdedness is the issue

If we were all to "spread out" this wouldn't be such an issue...Come on, the US alone uses 30% of the world's natural resources so its no surprise that China or India along with many other countries are suffering... We could all cut back and perhaps reuse, recycle and restore. We need to be a more sharing society and than overpopulation wouldn't be such a major hot topic.

• Issue is distribution of resources, not overpopulation

The earth does have its issues, due mainly to the lack of responsible use and protection of it by humans. The issue is not therefore of too many human beings, but the irresponsible use and distribution of the abundant available resources. How do we fix that? That's a moral and spiritual question. I believe if we submit to the Intelligent Designer/Creator, we would be more than blessed to welcome new beautiful humans on the earth.