• Yes, a new study shows that legendary heavy metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne may be a genetic mutant.

He had a change on the regulatory region of the ADH4 gene, a gene associated with alcoholism. Also,Ozzy Osbourne has an increased predisposition for alcohol dependence of something like six times higher. Genes connected to addiction — alcoholism and the absorption of methamphetamines — all had unique variations in Osbourne.

• No, not really.

Some people have a genetic predisposition that gives them a more addictive personality, but that does not mean they will b come a drug addict or will become addicted to anything at all. Drug addiction is a complicated series of factors, include exposure to an attitudes about drugs, success in life and moral and emotional support.

• I don't entirely agree with genetic predisposition when considering drug addiction.

I can understand being genetically predisposed for certain diseases such as cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, MS, and diabetes. What I have difficulty accepting is genetic predisposition for alcoholism or other drug addictions. These are lifestyle choices which can be greatly influenced by parents, grandparents and other family members while growing up, but again they are choices. I believe it is still unclear why certain individuals have a harder time not abusing illegal drugs or alcohol, but I don't feel genetics play a part in that.

• No, Ozzy Osbourne is not genetically predisposed to be a drug addict.

No, Ozzy Osbourne is not genetically predisposed to be a drug addict. There is no evidence to suggest that he is genetically predisposed to be a drug addict, so we cannot assume so. He is a normal guy just like the rest of us. We cannot assume what we cannot confirm.