• So everyone is judged?

Wow, what a shock in this debate. I assume your great great ancestors where judged and was given a privilege before all of you were born. It is so obvious having a child is a right! However, there are laws, and there should be laws to protect children from neglect and abuse. Is your life a right or a privilege? If you answer a privilege than anyone can take your life away for not having the ability to live it correctly and meaningful. Sounds absurd doesn't it?! Geez, when is the parenting book at barns and noble going to be law and enforced and which one of the hundreds of those books will it be? We all have a right to live, breed freely, which is the result of being a parent just as any other living organism on this planet. Calling it a privilege is about as absurd as telling others who they can mate with IF they are even granted this privilege.

• Are you kidding me?

I can't believe you guys. Do you guys think that a person that doesn't have children deserve to die? That a factor of the measuring in a human being involves wether or not (s)he has children? That a person that doesn't have children is a loser? Because that's what it seems like. If you guys were 12, I would be maturer than all of you. I don't laugh at puberty class, I don't laugh at child jokes, I laugh at adult jokes. I watch adult T.V. shows, I hate when people refer to me as a kid, I am mature. I just don't want kids because I don't like kids. Is that a problem? And also, life is not about having kids. There's a lot more to life than having kids, if life was all about kids, every family would have hundreds of kids, moron.

• Its a privilege

Parenthood in not a right but a privilege. People thinking that they have a right to be a parent is what is wrong with today's world. People think that just because they can breathe, that means they can have a kid. These people almost never raise a good productive kid.

• No, parenthood is definitely a privilege.

No, parenthood is definitely not a right. While just about anyone can have a child, this doesn't mean that the person has a right to keep the child. The local government can get involved in order to remove parental privileges if someone is not properly taking care of his or her children, which is why the foster care system exists.

• No, parenthood is not a right.

While people are allowed to have kids, the ability to be a parent is not something that is a right. If a person proves to be an unfit parent, the government and law can definitely take way their ability to be a parent to their kids. I think people should know the difference.

• A good thing

I think that parenthood would be considered a privilege. You get the joy of raising your own offspring, and passing on your genes to the next generation to make sure that your family continues on, which is really the whole reason why any of us are here on earth today.

• No, parenthood is not a right.

I see parenthood as a privilege. Conception can be easily achieved, from animals to humans, but conception does not automatically bestow parenting skills. Having a child is a lifelong responsibility that frequently requires sacrifices. Not all people are mature enough to accept this. Raising a child, loving it, and watching it become an adult is definitely a privilege.

• The Late George Carlin would tell you...We don't have rights!

There are so many unfit "parents" on this planet who should not be allowed to procreate. The negative cycle of these people who keep breeding, living off the system, and worsening our overpopulated planet is sickening. All these young guys who impregnate dozens of young women, cannot teach, nor raise children to be a positive contribution to society; there are chances of accidental incest when these children grow up and become (unknowingly) involved with their half-siblings!

No way in hell, is parenting a right!

• No, having children is a privilege

Why I believe having children should be seen as a privilege is because raising children requires a lot of responsibility and sacrifice. I have personally seen a lot of videos of out of control children with bad parents and see it as a correlation to all the violence seen in American society. Children deserve a loving and proper upbringing and there are some people that just don't know that. With that, there are some people that would be amazing patents but need fertility treatment in order to have children or just can't at all. And...There are some parents that are perfectly fine when it comes to conception and their kids are just out of control and the parents don't do anything about it.Just too many horrible and uniting parents out there.