• Parole a good thing

Parole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thingparole a good thing

• Parole a good thing

• Parole a good thing

Parole a good thing because it gives you a chance to better yourself and you behave, even if it is only for you to get out of jail faster. If you have life without parole then you have no need to act well and then you never have a chance to be a productive part of our society.

• Carefully controlled, yes.

Until recent examination, and one of my relatives being put on parole, I would have said no. Some cities have prisons which are full, and this forces them to use criminal prioritization. This means that the mildest criminals go unconvicted unless taken to a different court. This criminal prioritization actually backfired on my relative, because the judge refused to put him in jail, which was full of murderers and rapists. So he was prosecuted in another state, where he served jail time, and is now stuck on parole in another state where he has no connections or possessions. That cracks me up every-time I think about it. I am not saying that this is a good thing though, because it could encourage him to illegally support himself. Actually, immediate parole should be an option for these people. Parole is a good way to watch, punish, and restrict people who are not an immediate danger. It can also be used to give people a chance to prove themselves trustworthy.

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2014-04-30T16:33:42.620
It depends...
abyteofbrain says2014-04-30T16:58:00.393
Explain
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2014-05-01T02:22:03.913
In China, for example, the parole system was set up initially for people who were ill and had to seek treatment outside of prison. That's a good intention. However, now rich people who have committed appalling crimes can get out after a couple of years in prison as long as they bribe the right people. The government is also using it for political reasons. In such a situation, it's become a bad thing.
abyteofbrain says2014-05-01T16:04:07.680
That's true. I never thought of it before, but it's a great tool for the mafia. Bribing isn't quite that simple though, if someone refuses a bribe, chances are, the briber will get in deeper.
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2014-05-01T16:11:09.007
In a society like the US, yes. In China, though, refusing a bribe from a powerful person is often not an option. (My dad loves to say that the Mainland government has become a 'corruption enterprise' - i.e. people who don't accept bribes have no place in the government.)
abyteofbrain says2014-05-03T00:14:38.757
Sadly, America is turning into that.