• I think so.

I think that it is possible to be patriotic without being misguided and some people are capable of mature, non-zealous patriotism, but a very large portion of the population puts patriotism and nationalism mixed with xenophobia hand in hand. Many of these people listen to the same talking points mostly coming from the same conservative sources and networks.

• Yes it is.

I think patriotism can be misguided because some people do not know what it means to be a patriot.They might think it means just having a flag hung out or occasionally donating to the army. It is decided through our actions though, it is more than just flags and donations.

• Not A Misguided Concept

Patriotism is defined as love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it. I do not find these principles misguided because this is what keeps a country cohesive and intact. I think countries whose governments perform in a matter that allows the citizens to be patriotic are the best countries to be in.

• Patriotism is not misguided.

Patriotism is a healthy way for people to express pride in their country. Everyone should feel some form of patriotism. It is natural for people to feel pride in institutions of which they are a member. Every country needs patriotic citizens in order to support national culture and their history.

• No, patriotism is not misguided.

Patriotism is not misguided. I will speak of my country, the United States. This country has built upon its past and its fight for freedom. It is through the blood of men who sacrificed their lives and fought, that I have the freedoms that I have today. Patriotism is out of respect for the generations that have come before us. It's not merely about the flag or pride. It's about respecting and honoring people and their sacrifices.