Is peak oil a hoax that can be disproven with science?

• Peak oil has been largely disproved.

The theory of peak oil has largely been disproved. Science and new technology has allowed humanity to find and attain new sources of oil never thought possible. At the same time, alternatives to oil are being discovered precipitously, while energy efficiency is ever increasing. Thus society is reaching the point where it is decreasingly reliant on oil.

• People who can't understand peak oil should be riding the short bus.

If I take a sip of water from a glass there will be less water in the glass. Similarly if I tap an oil field there will be less oil in the reservoir. Peak oil is not a theory, it is not a hoax, it is a physical observation. You would have to be extremely delusional to not understand this.

Posted by: pj69
  • Not A Hoax

Peak oil is the point in time when the maximum rate of petroleum extraction is reached, after which the rate of production is expected to enter terminal decline (Wikipedia). Due to the fact that oil is a finite resource, I do believe that peak oil is a real theory. I do not believe science can disprove it.

• We live on a planet of limited resources.

Scientist are currently examining the reality of reaching peak oil in our lifetime. Even if they disprove that we have all ready reached peak oil or will reach it in the next few decades, inevitable. There is only so much oil to use up. As we improve our drilling techniques and constantly increase our oil usage, we will eventually reach peak oil.

• Peak Oil A Hoax

I personally think that peak oil is not a hoax, and can not be disproved from science since it has already been proven by science. This is a real thing that we are using a lot to try to help with a lot of our natural gas things. I think it is real.

• It is science

No, peak oil is not a hoax, and can not be disproven from science since it has already been proven by science. This is a real thing that we are using a lot to try to help with a lot of our natural gas things. I think it is real.