• Mesmerising. Beautiful. Magical.

Whether it is the deep metaphorical lyrics or the long mesmerising solos, pink Floyd shines in every field. Every album has a theme. And every song in the album connects to the main theme in a unique and awe-inspiring manner. Pink Floyd is the Michelangelo of modern music. I'm sure most of you will agree. To all the pink Floyd fans, see you on the dark side of the moon.

• Definely the best

I can't give you an argument so here's a recipe for pancakes: Whisk until just combined. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Still no enough words so here it is again: Whisk until just combined. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.

• The beautiful psychedelia

I don't have to tell anyone of you about the beautiful intoxicating psychedelia in Pink Floyd's music. "Hey You" and "Shine on you crazy diamond" are just way too beautiful. Yeah sure there have been great but none except Led Zeppelin has come close to the legend of Pink Floyd. Just listen to "The Wall" and WYWH. Pure class

• The beautiful psychedelia

• Pink Floyd is by far the best band ever.

Regardless of whether the issue has to do primarily with individual taste, you should keep in mind the following: musical originality, lyrics, concept, image, musicians, history, interpretation and performance. When you look dispassionately these elements it is impossible not to come to that conclusion, even if you do not like them.

• They generate positive vibes

First I used to think of led Zeppelin and the doors as the best bands. But then I really got into pink Floyd and understood how there songs were so meaningful and deep. Sure bands like Led Zeppelin, The doors, The who are great too but they simply can't compete with Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd is music on a whole new level. There animations are amazing too.

• Pink Floyd is art and will be around for hundreds of years....

Dark Side of the Moon was on the top 100 bill board for 14 years, and the reason is that it is so profound and such a quality piece of auditory art.

Pink Floyd is the Michael Angelo of the modern era. Amazing. Some tracks last over 20 minutes long and slowly methodically build up, climax, and resolve. The lyrics are well- thought out and full of allegory, allusion, and truth.

The band for the intelligent.

• They make you think

Pink Floyd is a band that always has a message that is not so easy to find. The Wall album was almost impossible to determine and so was Dark side of the moon. Their music is just down right amazing and there are no other bands quite like them. PINK FLOYD RULES!

• Great in all fields

Name some of the best songs of all time.

Name some of the artists with the best lyrics

Name the most original sounding band of all time

Name bands with the most diverse sounds

Name bands with an awesome guitarist

Name bands with great live performances

I would bet Pink Floyd would show up in each of these categories for most people here.

• They make me cry.

These guys are truly amazing. Between lyrics, musicianship and introduction to new music types these guys have it all. There's just something about it. Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish You Were Here, Animals, etc. all iconic albums that you just gotta love. Don't even get me started on Us and Them on Dark Side :-).

• Pink Floyd

They are most definitely not the greatest, this band is incredibly twisted, just watch Pink Floyd's "The Wall." There is a scene where someone razors off his own nipples. So disgusting. That being said I dont particularly ascribe to having favorites at all. Its a waste of time and can prevent one from enjoying new genres/talents.

• Pink Floyd Is Not The Greatest

I really like Pink Floyd. They have a great catalog and definitely made their mark on the music industry and influences millions, but they are not the greatest to ever do it. They are in the conversation but there are a few bands that I would personally place ahead of them.

• Good but not the greatest.

Pink Floyd is a great band, but not the greatest of all time. There are other bands that have wider appeal. Even if Pink Floyd is considered the greatest of its kind of music, there are other bands that are stylized but have much wider appeal, and appeal that spans generations. Pink Floyd does not have that kind of widespread appeal.

• No

Pink Floyd was a great band and one that the majority of people have probably heard of. However, to call them the greatest of all time is excessive. They will certainly always be remembered as one of the greats, but the absolute greatest will always come down to a matter of opinion.

• No they are not the greatest band of all time.

Since their are billions of humans on this earth, and all of them can potential make a band, there is no way for everyone to hear every band that has ever recorded and therefore there is no greatest band of all time, as no one person or group of people have been able to evaluate them all.