• Pink Floyd is the best band ever

The fact that no other band or artist have been able to produce what Pink Floyd produced is proof enough. The lyrics and the music is beyond this world. When we compare them to Beatles, it's more difficult to produce the nature of Pink Floyd's music than that of Beatles.

• Pink Floyd is the best band ever

• I believe Pink Floyd has soul.

My experience is somewhat shaped by music as I believe everybody's are. Without it our souls would be empty. I believe Pink Floyd is the greatest because the music they produced reaches beyond my soul and speaks about it instead. The lyrics are about our thoughts, feelings, and how we interpret life. All songs have this as a part of them, but Floyd personifies our thoughts in ways no song has ever done. Zepplin, Leppard, the Doors, Black Sabbath even have created original art in a similar style that will always be known to man. However the grateful dead and specifically Pink Floyd created a new genre of psychedelic rock music that speaks of our souls and what we experience.

• One of the best for sure!

Pink Floyd was to the progressive and psychedelic rock of the 1970's what the Beatles was to the rock 'n' roll of the 1960's. Transformation of the genre and evolution of the band itself throughout the period. They sought reincarnation of themselves and were never satisfied with where they were. The musical composition, both lyrics and melody, is superb. Listening to their music is like reading a novel while you get a different ending every time you listen.

• Yes most definitely

They have inspiring lyrics and songs it's al meaning and incredible power. Not to mention the power of Richard wright on keyboard as he keeps there songs fresh, and of course the lengend, the god, GILMOUR. But in my personal opinion the greatest song of all time is echoes from the album meddle.

• You can trace the influences on the music of all of the great bands that deserve consideration, but Pink Floyd are unique and stand alone.

If DSOTM (arguably the most remarkable and ground breaking album experience of all time) didn't exist they would still be recognized as have written the greatest music of all time.
    Even their less recognised albums, Meddle, Atom heart mother and Animals offer more moving experiences in music than any other - no other band has consistently managed to affect people emotionally to such a great extent - not even close.

• Mesmerising. Beautiful. Magical.

Whether it is the deep metaphorical lyrics or the long mesmerising solos, pink Floyd shines in every field. Every album has a theme. And every song in the album connects to the main theme in a unique and awe-inspiring manner. Pink Floyd is the Michelangelo of modern music. I'm sure most of you will agree. To all the pink Floyd fans, see you on the dark side of the moon.

• Definely the best

I can't give you an argument so here's a recipe for pancakes: Whisk until just combined. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Still no enough words so here it is again: Whisk until just combined. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.

• The beautiful psychedelia

I don't have to tell anyone of you about the beautiful intoxicating psychedelia in Pink Floyd's music. "Hey You" and "Shine on you crazy diamond" are just way too beautiful. Yeah sure there have been great but none except Led Zeppelin has come close to the legend of Pink Floyd. Just listen to "The Wall" and WYWH. Pure class

• The beautiful psychedelia

• Pink Floyd

They are most definitely not the greatest, this band is incredibly twisted, just watch Pink Floyd's "The Wall." There is a scene where someone razors off his own nipples. So disgusting. That being said I dont particularly ascribe to having favorites at all. Its a waste of time and can prevent one from enjoying new genres/talents.

• Pink Floyd Is Not The Greatest

I really like Pink Floyd. They have a great catalog and definitely made their mark on the music industry and influences millions, but they are not the greatest to ever do it. They are in the conversation but there are a few bands that I would personally place ahead of them.

• Good but not the greatest.

Pink Floyd is a great band, but not the greatest of all time. There are other bands that have wider appeal. Even if Pink Floyd is considered the greatest of its kind of music, there are other bands that are stylized but have much wider appeal, and appeal that spans generations. Pink Floyd does not have that kind of widespread appeal.

• No

Pink Floyd was a great band and one that the majority of people have probably heard of. However, to call them the greatest of all time is excessive. They will certainly always be remembered as one of the greats, but the absolute greatest will always come down to a matter of opinion.

• No they are not the greatest band of all time.

Since their are billions of humans on this earth, and all of them can potential make a band, there is no way for everyone to hear every band that has ever recorded and therefore there is no greatest band of all time, as no one person or group of people have been able to evaluate them all.