• Where do you think money goes?

If piracy ended then that would mean that everybody would have to actually pay for there online goods. Now that might on the surface sound bad, but it would lead to more money being put into the hands of investors. The investors could then take that money and INVEST in new project, meaning more Movies, Games, and media for everyone.

• No, it's not.

Think about all the content you consume for free; all the movies, all the tv series that you watch etc. Would you really have consumed all of it if you had to pay for it? Truthfully, I wouldn't be watching as many things as I do if I had to pay for it. Therefore, the industry isn't losing money because people wouldn't have paid for it anyway.

Also, consider that the money that people "save" by not paying for content isn't lost- that money goes back into the economy in some way, which in turn creates jobs etc.

• No, it's not.

• Piracy helps artists

History will look back at the entertainment industry in the 20th century and a curious and strange time, when artists allowed production companies to make massive profits off of their work, sold at 2000% markups from production cost solely because it could be. Piracy helps smaller artists get exposure without being beholden to large companies, and many artists (most low-mid fame artists) made most of their money off of merchandise and concerts in the past, things that can't be pirated.

• No, I do not believe piracy is killing the entertainment industry.

No, I do not believe piracy is killing the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry is growing and thriving. Movies are having record grosses, the video game industry is making more and more money every year. I believe that piracy and file sharing is something that the industry should embrace as a positive, generating more buzz for their product. Studies have shown that they will be willing to pay money for something that they love. I believe that if more people in the entertainment industry took the stance of "try it, and if you like us give us some money" more people would respect them and be willing to pay instead of pirate.