Is playing computer games better than watching TV?

• Obviously we can agree.

Playing computer games leads to a huge waste of precious time, time is a commodity that we cannot buy more of or save up. We use it 24 hours a day is all we have. Watching TV can be very informative and can help you to form opinions and gain knowledge while not wasting too much time. It is an obvious blessing

• Computer Games Use Your Mind

Yes, playing computer games is better than watching TV. When you watch TV you’re just sitting there for hours and probably snacking on popcorn or some other unhealthy food. And the longer you sit there without moving, the less you feel like getting up and doing anything. When you play computer games, your mind is extremely active and you are actually sharpening cognitive skills and problem solving skills. You are moving by using your mouse and keyboard - plus you usually don’t snack while playing computer games. So computer playing computer games has more pluses than sitting in front of a television.

• Apples are good and healthy.

Apples are good and healthy. Apples are crooks and the wealthy. Apples are odd and pretty. Apples are shameful and pitty. Apples are good and healthy. Apples are dumb and forgetfull. Apples rare and regretful. Apples are cool and shiny. Apples are dull and tiny. Apples are good and healthy.

Apples are good and healthy,
    By Anonymous

• You really think

Compared to TV, video game s have more thinking involved. While TV can be informative or educational you can "mindlessly" watch television. On the other hand video games require you to think and react to the situation instead of mindlessly watching it. OK you may think otherwise but what do you have to tell me differently.

• Ya man it is.

Ya it is cuz u no, if it wants to ba a fabulouse dead flying unicorn than it can be so this is an argument and I WON LOSERS. So like I said I want it to be better because it wants to be fabu. Cuz dats da way I like it!

• Video games can be helpful and they are fun and more entertaining than tv

When you are watching tv it is fun and it has a cool story but if you look at games like the wolf among us created by telltale games you can see that it is more fun to play a game than to watch a tv show because you can change the story and make it go your way, like in undertale you can choose to do pacifist and be nice pacifist and be a jerk genocide and be a jerk. Also if you want a clear comparison take a look at the tv show the walking dead telltale games made a game about that too and you get to make the dessicions and if you choose something it changes the whole story but in the show you have to just let everything play out and in the show the walking dead when someone dies I don't cry but in the game of the walking dead because you are the main character and you get to know and love and feel like your on a personal level with the characters because you are the one deciding what to say and do to them so when some one dies in the I cry anyway that is why I personally think gaming is better than watching tv

• Pleas be yes

My parents let me play longer if i exercise games help you stretch your thumbs and index finger then, games help you strategize and think. Like you find out what you want (Making call of duty classes). So many educational things. So last example team building. (If you play with other people or artificial intelligence.

• You're moving your hands aren't you.

• Hand eye coordination

Studies show that while playing video games, you actually improve your hand-eye coordination. While you watch tv, you sit and stare at something that you have no control over. You are more likely to become depressed while watching tv all the time because you feel like you have no control over your life.

• Cod is beder then fmly gy

Meh ded tls meh te gt of of da gams bt he tls meh ta wach tv

i cri evry tme f f f f f f f f f f f fr gkme gmre gkmre gke bke gkreg ke gkerg keg kegr kerg keg keg gkgr kgr kre gker gker

• Video Games Are Much Better For Sure

In every possible way is playing a computer game better than watching TV. What do you do when you watch a TV show? Sit and stare. When you're playing any type of video game, you are involved completely within it, reacting and constantly thinking or planning ahead as to what to do. Yes, playing computer games is better than watching TV. When you watch TV you’re just sitting there for hours and probably snacking on popcorn or some other unhealthy food. And the longer you sit there without moving, the less you feel like getting up and doing anything. When you play computer games, your mind is extremely active and you are actually sharpening cognitive skills and problem solving skills. You are moving by using your mouse and keyboard - plus you usually don’t snack while playing computer games. So computer playing computer games has more pluses than sitting in front of a television. It makes you think about what you have in front of you and what you should do to get to your goal. Unlike television, you do remember what you did, as games have interesting stories and quests. Go and ask your parents what a person won at yesterday's Let's Make A Deal show. They are most likely not remembering it. I am here because my parents tell me to stop playing the xbox at 11 PM, and then let me watch tv often after 1AM. Why can't I play my game? It does not make any sense and I hope that our generation of parents will understand that playing video games wastes your time as much as television and that letting your child watch tv all day isn't better than letting him have fun with his friends on his games. I sincerely think that the actual generation of parents simply do not have any idea of how fun a catching storyline/game is. TOLD YOU

• You Can Interact With Either

I do not believe computer games are better than watching TV, I believe they are fairly equal to each other. I believe it is possible for a person to interact with TV programming just as much as a person interacts within a game. I don't think one medium is better than the other, they're quite similar.

• Video games are a huge waste of time!

Video games are absolutely a huge waste of time. Many people here are saying that video games keep you alert blah blah blah... But there are way more other ways to practice your alertness. Now it also depends on what you watch on tv, if you are watching something educational and informative then that's good, however if it's just something that's not going to give you any information, then it could also be a waste of time. Still, 99% of video games are a waste of time. There are only a few video games that will actually help you in a good way. It is a huge waste of time that you cannot get back.

• I wanted to be different

I actually agree with the other side. Video games are much better for you. I am an avid gamer with around 50 hours a week game play time and insane amounts of amassed hours over my life. When tested on critical thinking and planing I was able to win/defeat any scenario thrown at me. So I voted no just to show that there is a percentage, just not on this site, that would vote no... I also wanted to be different and alone over here.

• Boop beep bop

Boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop

• Video games are a type of exercise

Video games use your mind and body to play......Wait a minute? So does your physical education class (gym).....But.....A TV does NOT use the mind OR body, so video games are actually a type of exercise and is proven to be much better than sitting down doing nothing while watching TV eating unhealthy foods.

• Video games are a type of exercise

• Informative and inspiring (science related) tv programmes will always win over any game

The information shared in those tv programmes will never be found in any game. From my own experience informative programmes informed me about all I needed to know in secondary education and helped me pass my tests with ease. I know for a fact that would not have happened had I been playing games I would have actually have needed to study my books more. And I saw the devastation games caused in the school performance of my little brother and my little brother in law, and because of that I am strictly limiting game time for my kids, one or two hours maximum three days a week. Of course if someone watches non informative tv programmes it might be better for them to play games then to watch tv.