Is playing computer games better than watching TV?

• Obviously we can agree.

Playing computer games leads to a huge waste of precious time, time is a commodity that we cannot buy more of or save up. We use it 24 hours a day is all we have. Watching TV can be very informative and can help you to form opinions and gain knowledge while not wasting too much time. It is an obvious blessing

• Computer Games Use Your Mind

Yes, playing computer games is better than watching TV. When you watch TV you’re just sitting there for hours and probably snacking on popcorn or some other unhealthy food. And the longer you sit there without moving, the less you feel like getting up and doing anything. When you play computer games, your mind is extremely active and you are actually sharpening cognitive skills and problem solving skills. You are moving by using your mouse and keyboard - plus you usually don’t snack while playing computer games. So computer playing computer games has more pluses than sitting in front of a television.

• Video games promote brain activity

Watching t.v. required no thought, action, or brain activity in general. Playing video games requires an active player who is constantly paying attention to the games and making quick decisions based on what other players or programmed opponents are doing. Playing video games can help train the players long term patients and prudence because on the constant rage inducing situations, and strategies that every player just has to perfect.

• With tv you do nothing not to mention alot of the time while palying you are talking to othe3r people (hanging out)

The inherent difference between Video Games and Television is clear. Television is an entirely consumptive activity that often requires almost no physical or mental involvement for its viewer, while Video Games require the player to actively shape their experience. Playing Video Games requires attentiveness and occasionally even demands problem solving skills or physical activity.

• Interacting is better than watching

If your child is interacting with the game rather than just mindlessly watching it he can develop better reactions, coordination, better teamwork, and they can learn better leadership skills so when people say that they let their child watch movies instead of video games I'm baffled that they would do that.

• Yes they are

Video games require you to think and react to the situation that's going on. Tv you just sit there and listen to blabbering. Probaly while eating food. You won't do they while playing video games, your you preoccupied with whats going on in the game itself. In conclusion video games are better, but both are a good time killer.

• They are just amazing

To state my opinion they are very fun if you a guy who likes to pass time well you need games. But theirs also a downside to it you could get cancer but thats not what im talking about i mean like 360 nocope i mean what has our world turned into

• Of Course Video Games Win

Video games require you to think react and also engages you to the point where your not thinking about snacking on junk food, while tv your just sitting there hours upon hours just staring at a screen. Plus Video Games have been proven as a mean of helping hospital patients while tv hasn't

• Video Games Are Much Better For Sure

In every possible way is playing a computer game better than watching TV. What do you do when you watch a TV show? Sit and stare. When you're playing any type of video game, you are involved completely within it, reacting and constantly thinking or planning ahead as to what to do. Yes, playing computer games is better than watching TV. When you watch TV you’re just sitting there for hours and probably snacking on popcorn or some other unhealthy food. And the longer you sit there without moving, the less you feel like getting up and doing anything. When you play computer games, your mind is extremely active and you are actually sharpening cognitive skills and problem solving skills. You are moving by using your mouse and keyboard - plus you usually don’t snack while playing computer games. So computer playing computer games has more pluses than sitting in front of a television. It makes you think about what you have in front of you and what you should do to get to your goal. Unlike television, you do remember what you did, as games have interesting stories and quests. Go and ask your parents what a person won at yesterday's Let's Make A Deal show. They are most likely not remembering it. I am here because my parents tell me to stop playing the xbox at 11 PM, and then let me watch tv often after 1AM. Why can't I play my game? It does not make any sense and I hope that our generation of parents will understand that playing video games wastes your time as much as television and that letting your child watch tv all day isn't better than letting him have fun with his friends on his games. I sincerely think that the actual generation of parents simply do not have any idea of how fun a catching storyline/game is. TOLD YOU

• You Can Interact With Either

I do not believe computer games are better than watching TV, I believe they are fairly equal to each other. I believe it is possible for a person to interact with TV programming just as much as a person interacts within a game. I don't think one medium is better than the other, they're quite similar.

• Video games are a huge waste of time!

Video games are absolutely a huge waste of time. Many people here are saying that video games keep you alert blah blah blah... But there are way more other ways to practice your alertness. Now it also depends on what you watch on tv, if you are watching something educational and informative then that's good, however if it's just something that's not going to give you any information, then it could also be a waste of time. Still, 99% of video games are a waste of time. There are only a few video games that will actually help you in a good way. It is a huge waste of time that you cannot get back.

• I wanted to be different

I actually agree with the other side. Video games are much better for you. I am an avid gamer with around 50 hours a week game play time and insane amounts of amassed hours over my life. When tested on critical thinking and planing I was able to win/defeat any scenario thrown at me. So I voted no just to show that there is a percentage, just not on this site, that would vote no... I also wanted to be different and alone over here.

• It messes with your mind.

Computer games can mess with your mind and make it so you do bad things. Some people kill, some steel, some lie, some hurt,etc.....I hope no one else gets bad reputations like anything I said.It can lead to great danger to all including the one that is doing the danger to all.

• Boop beep bop

Boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop boop beep bop

• Video games are a type of exercise

Video games use your mind and body to play......Wait a minute? So does your physical education class (gym).....But.....A TV does NOT use the mind OR body, so video games are actually a type of exercise and is proven to be much better than sitting down doing nothing while watching TV eating unhealthy foods.

• Video games are a type of exercise

• Informative and inspiring (science related) tv programmes will always win over any game

The information shared in those tv programmes will never be found in any game. From my own experience informative programmes informed me about all I needed to know in secondary education and helped me pass my tests with ease. I know for a fact that would not have happened had I been playing games I would have actually have needed to study my books more. And I saw the devastation games caused in the school performance of my little brother and my little brother in law, and because of that I am strictly limiting game time for my kids, one or two hours maximum three days a week. Of course if someone watches non informative tv programmes it might be better for them to play games then to watch tv.