• It's really obvious.

Pokémon is a great series. (By the way, you spelled series wrong) Nintendo being awesome as they are know how to make a good game. So when they decided to make an RPG, it was a great decision. A game where you go out in the world, train and fight pocket monsters is great. (Pocket monsters in Japanese is Pokémon)

• Gotta Catch Em ALL!

I wanna be the very best,
    Like no one ever was.
    To catch them is my real test,
    To train them is my cause.
    I will travel across the land,
    Searching far and wide.
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside
    Pokemon, (gotta catch them all) its you and me
    I know its my destiny
    Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    POKEMON!

• No, not really.

Nintendo is infamous for simply re-skinning old games with better game mechanics and graphics, then re-releasing them on modern consoles. Pokemon, for example, has never changed. The only changes are which kind of Pokemon you can catch: you start out the same, with some guy giving you and your rival one Pokemon: Random battles: A world you have to explore in a extreme non-linear path, until you beat it: You have to catch the same legendary Pokemon in order to advance to the next town: and so on. Not to mention it promotes dog fighting.