• Put yourself in there shoes

Yes , you have committed a crime but your time will come in court not in the streets. Police feel they are "protecting" us , but they are only hurting us. They feel the have the power to be brutal but we were told police were to protect and serve not beat and hurt civilians. Put your self in there shoes

• Yes, because this portrays that the police is doing exactly what they are supposed to control

I agree that the police SHOULD be allowed to use force. But this is not brutality. And rather than individually, it needs to be controlled systematically because it is important to keep check when they have power over society. I agree that use of force is necessary, but it is important that it be controlled, otherwise it will only have a bad influence on society

• Yes, of course, but you also have to look at other evidence.

If you say that police brutality is an issue because of this and that, do you know the whole story? Yes, I know that police brutality is very common and their rights/position are/is misused or over used. Of course it is. But there are also citizens who lie about things that didn't happen at a crime scene because that was either their friend or they don't like the police, which makes the good police officers, that we need, off of the squad. This world is definitely corrupt but that doesn't mean you have to base your opinion on one experience that effects your opinion on a whole group or community of people. Some are just not made for the police force and others are. Everyone has different opinions, but I say yes and no because I, personally, would have to look at the facts and actually research before I make a decision from reading a news headline. Think.

• Yes, and No.

Here's is my opinion. I am double majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology, and so I spend most of my time studying topics such as this one. While I would say there are definitely cases where it is obvious police brutality, which we are constitutionally meant to be protected from by the 8th amendment, not all situation are brutal. While we may watch media footage of situation and blame the police for using unnecessary force, I remember watching news stories from Occupy Wall Street a few years ago when people were claiming that police brutality was an issue and being astonished. Not because of what the officers were doing, but of how they were being accused because of it. In a mob or riot situation like OWS was, it is overwhelming to the officers because of how outnumbered they are as a whole. Cops have the legal right to defend themselves if they feel that their lives are in danger. In situations where they have crowds of angry and riled up people who are throwing things at the officers, and officer may very likely feel like he/she isn't safe. In this case, an officer may pull out a taser, or a stun gun, or pepper spray. . . And someone might get tased in the face or pepper sprayed. This IS NOT police brutality. This is a police officer trying to control an unsafe situation. Police officers are here to protect us and serve us, so it is horrible to know that some officers do not hold themselves to that standard, but some of them do. But they are also required to be safe and to watch each others backs.

Now you have situations, especially ones that have gotten a lot of media attention lately, of divisions like the NYPD who are known for their police brutality. This is a horrible thing, and unfortunately is something that supervisors brush under the rug. And while cities like NY have a higher crime rate and are far more dangerous to live in than some other cities, the police feel like this gives them a pass to be cruel to maintain order and control, and they unfortunately lose respect in the process.

• Ask Kelly Thomas if it is a problem.

It is absolutely an issue. It needs a national platform. This movement of police accountability, and complete reform of how police are handled when they have committed any sort of misconduct is a must. They operate with impunity. I can go on and on, but we all know what happens when an officer is accused of any wrongdoing. It has to change. They should not be allowed to break the law to enforce the law. It is asinine.

• Just take a look at the news

You hear about some poor guy or gal getting tazed in the face for what...Exactly? And when you hear about some tragic events like a homeless man beaten in the church he was allowed to stay at, these cops get no reprimand. A few months paid leave for an investigation.

• An Age-Old Problem

And the only way to stop it is to go to the source:
    1) Put an end to all public sector unions. They create a conflict of interest.
    2) Many government officials seem to be exempt from the same kind of penalties and prosecution when THEY break the law. They seem to have certain 'immunities'. THAT has to come to an end.
    3) Lastly, we need to start a movement to shut down the I.R.S. It is the main hub for funding a lot of these abuses against the people and violations of the Constitution.
    Visit: www.DUMPTheIRS.com

• The extend their power to much.

If you look in Many cases, that a police is involved in a false judgment which lead into; murder, assault, harassment and false arrest. These usually are done because of the persons race or because a cop didn't like them for any reason or the cop was just not liking how they were being looked at. Many cases that usually have these, usually don't charge the cops or have less years then actually deserve or the minimum a person wouldn't for these things.

• Police feel they have more power than us

They walk up to our windows looking down on us and say unreasonable things for example I was arrested for mischief when I was 16 and the cop insulted us and was literally looked at my friend and said "oh ya? Watch this" and put the driver of our vehicle in cuffs. All my friend said to him before this was "his drivers license is at his home 5 minutes down the road". The cop just looked at him and said I wasnt talking to you then proceeded to saying the "oh ya, watch this". Although I do feel there is a fine line between good cops trying to help the community and bad cops I feel something should be done to limit their power.

• We have rights

Everyone has rights against the police. The police swear to defend and protect the country yet they make everyone feel very alerted and uncomfortable to do certain things when cops are around. The videos on social media are unbearable to watch, watching our own people being beaten and even killed by police shows the injustice of how they treat people.

• There should be more police brutality

I support that the cops should have the right to torture any criminal for any reason!

A young man will think twice before stealing another car, if the first time he is caught, he is beaten, raped. His testicles are fried with electricity and the soles of his feet beaten to a bloody pulp. Don't you agree?

• No, it is isolated.

No, police brutality is not a problem, because incidents of police brutality only happen on a limited basis. Law enforcement is under significant pressure and every person who is wrongfully arrested will cry foul. Police brutality can be a problem, but it is few and far between. Most law-enforcement officers do their jobs in an exemplary fashion.

• No, it only seems like a problem because good cops don't get recognition.

Police brutality only seems like a problem because it is so easy to film and share videos now. It is very rare for a video of a police encounter to "go viral" unless one of the parties is misbehaving. Also out of the vast majority of "police brutality" videos I've seen only a handful are actually worth getting angry over. If people uploaded videos of regular everyday police encounters I'm sure people would see it isn't as big of a problem as it seems.

That being said, I do believe officers that are shown to be a problem should receive stricter discipline than what is essentially a slap on the wrist.

• No it's all just a bunch of media hype

With social media and the news there's to much hype(making the situation looking worse than it is)that we only see the bad and not the good. No only that but we seem to intentionally look for the bad in cops. Basically we go looking for trouble almost as if it's good for us or something. Then we we just go and video that bad and post on social media all the while emphasizing the bad so we can have a story to tell our bar buddies. Now I not saying that there isn't a problem I'm just saying that it's not as bad as we make it seem. And that most cases are just misconception of a situation.

• Police brutality is glorifed

It is not nearly as big of an issue as it seems. All these people screaming "it wasn't really in self defense they are just drunk with power" are wrong. Normally in a debate there is some truth on both sides but not here. Violence is a problem yes. However only a small handful of all violence is police brutality. Of cores i am talking about here in america. If I were to take the question literally and apply it all over the world then yes police brutality is a problem. But unless you are in the military you only need to focuse on our law inforcement here in the united states.

• Instances of police brutality are unfortunate, isolated occurrences

An estimated 1.2 million violent crimes happen in America every year.
    A total of 1,501 police officers were killed in the line of duty the past 10 years. That would be 1 cop dying every 58 hours. An average of 58,261 assaults against officers happen every year.....Bottom line....

Crime is the problem

• You did what you did

Face the consequences , you chose to do whatever crime you chose to do therefore you must face the force necessary to reprimand you. If you chose to resist then again the choice is yours, accept your punishment without fight or the resist that most CHOSE to do. Sorry people