Is polyamory jealousy more severe than jealousy in a two-person relationship?

• There's more going on.

Yes, polyamory jealousy is more severe than jealousy in a two-person relationship, because there are more relationships involved. With more people involved, there are bound to be more misunderstandings. There are more logistics to arrange, and more opportunities for people to hurt feelings, whether it be intentionally or unintentionally. More can just go wrong.

• No, it's worse in a two person relationship.

When two people get together in a relationship and try to stay monogamous, it is very upsetting when someone in the couple is drawn to another person even when nothing physical happens. In polyamory there is an understanding that such things happen and a system for deciding where to place that outsider with regard to the committed relationships.

• Polyamory Jealousy is not more severe.

Polyamory jealousy is not more severe than jealousy in a two- person relationship. The amount of jealousy in a relationship is due to the personality of one person, and how prone they are to the feeling. Despite this, there are more situations that can cause jealousy in a polyamourous relationship than a two person one. That does not neccesaruly make it more severe though.

• a two-person relationship

I personally disagree, I personally think that One of the central fixtures in most polyamorous relationships, especially polyamorous relationships between an existing couple who begin with a monogamous relationship and then expand the relationship to include polyamory, is a set of rules or covenants designed to protect the existing relationship and to make the people in the relationship feel secure--in other words, to deal with issues like jealousy, insecurity, and threat. I'm going to use the metaphor of the refrigerator and bend it to my own ends.

• Two Person Relationship

I personally think that One of the central fixtures in most polyamorous relationships, especially polyamorous relationships between an existing couple who begin with a monogamous relationship and then expand the relationship to include polyamory, is a set of rules or covenants designed to protect the existing relationship and to make the people in the relationship feel secure--in other words, to deal with issues like jealousy, insecurity, and threat. I'm going to use the metaphor of the refrigerator and bend it to my own ends.