• I think love is between two people

Love and chemistry are always between two people and polyamorous people just don't find that chemistry between them and their partner so they just feel they want another one while keeping the other or maybe they are not sexually satisfied . I think it's not applicable too bcz there is jealousy and other things. So i think polyamory is in most times about sexual troubles and when someone wants to date another one it's always about sex like you see your partner only as a sex object and he is not enough if you truly love him for who he/she is you won't need another one.

• It's an issue of low self worth

I think most people who do it have stooped to a level where they've given up on finding love with anyone so they make it so they can date a bunch of people at once to cover their actual feeling of loneliness, it's not really "love" but more like a sexual satisfaction that they are trying to use to replace the love that they don't have.

• Yes, Three's a Crowd

People are unable to maintain balanced, healthy relationships of more than two people; two is hard enough as it is. People get jealous, or start talking behind the other's back, or two people feel more connected than the other... It gets messy really fast. It's unhealthy and a dishonest way to live one's life.

• You can't throw love around like it's any other word.

Come on. That's ridiculous. What's the point of marriage then? You can't "love" more than one person romantically at a time, or the word loses its meaning. I think you should have the one person closest to you, and not date other people out of respect for your love for that person.

• Doesn't make sense and an excuse

Perhaps it's just me, but I've heard lots of stories of people in "polyamorous relationships" who end up being cheated on because the lines in polyamory aren't clearly defined. I think it's better to commit to one person because if you "love" a lot of people, then how do you know when you're actually in love?

• Not wrong, but not right either.

It wouldn't be fair to the other person in the relationship, because in the end, someone will have to choose one person over the other. It saves everyone the trouble of just choosing one to love instead of multiple people.

One thing to remember is that human beings by nature are naturally selfish, and in time, that will show in the relationship.

• Control your genitals

It's unevolved and lacking moral fibre. God is watching. I believe in monogamy. All that stuff makes me sick. But I'm glad they found someone who is equally sexually loose so they don't hurt other people with their lack of self control. There's more to life than sex. So much more.

• It is wrong

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

• Given enough time, polyamorous webs will always collapse.

Reason for this simple - there will always going to be situations where one has to choose between one or the other and whoever gets rejected will feel resentment, which will escalate at some point.

Imagine situation with ...Lets say one female is dating two males, everybody knows what's going on. Then, one day, both of the males happen to have some big happening of their lives scheduled at the same time and they both want to have this female to accompany them. It might be a family event, gradituation ceremony or whatever. The female has to make a decision, which will leave one of the guys with seriously hurt feelings, which will turn into resentment and eventually the scheme will collapse on itself.

Therefore the idea itself is flawed and flawed ideas are inherently bad.

My example was a small scale thing. Imagine the same situation with any larger web, and there will be bad-mouthing and hurt feelings. If one thinks that a collapse of a monogamous relationship can be messy, imagine the fallout when it is more than two people.

Tl;dr - poly relationships will face impossible scheduling problems, which will lead into feelings of rejection and resentment and eventually collapse.

• It's Not Necessary.

Just because you love someone, and they happen to be the gender(s) you're attracted to, doesn't mean that you need to start a relationship with them. Having friendships can be just as fulfilling as relationships- sometimes, if not more so.

People are having more than enough struggles with relationships as is, especially young people. Treating polyamory as acceptable (or even superior to monogamous relationships) is only going to make it all even more complicated and confusing. Don't cheapen the value of having a partner by saying that you can have as many as you want.

• Seeing as I am polyamory, no.

Since I actually am a polyamory individual, this is an easy answer to give.

We are attracted to who we are attracted to. Morality does not come into play. Two or more consenting adults can give joy to one another without exploiting others. Why would that be wrong?

So long as everyone is honest about their escapades, no one is harmed.

• Why is it wrong?

As long as the individuals involved in the relationship are consenting and are aware of the other partners, then what's the issue?
    Honestly, if you don't like the idea of polyamory, then YOU don't do it. Don't harass other people just because
    A. You don't understand.
    B. It's against your religion.

• Look beyond what you've been taught to be "natural" or "normal".

If you truly love someone, you want them to feel free. You want to feel free. Putting limits on a relationships just is unrealistic (we naturally want to share our light with people we come across who speak to us) and stems from our own negative emotions we aren't taking responsibility for. It's okay to feel jealous, and insecure, but it is not your partners job to cut off other people because of it.
    Love isn't always sexual. It's in a gaze, a gesture, playfulness, deep communication, so many things that have nothing to do with simply getting off.
    I think a lot of people have that misconception, that once there are no limits it'll be a fuckfest.
    For some, maybe. But for me, it's about being myself and being honest with how that might naturally grow into something more. We should want to love as much as we can in life. It's ludacris to not in fear of someone else being upset about it - we should want our partners the happiest they can be.

• Not in my eyes

Any intimate relationship between consenting adults is private business. I see no reason to stigmatize polyamory, it does not directly harm non-participants. The same argument can apply to homosexual behavior. Polyamorous relationships are capable of having the same values as monogamy, only polyamorists define these values in a different aspect.

• Not in my book

Any intimate relationship between consenting adults is private business. Polyamory does not directly harm non-participants, so I see no reason to stigmatize it. The 2012 film Savages explores a polyamorous relationship between the three main characters, and it seemed to work out for them. Polyamory can have the same values as monogamy, but defined in a different aspect.

• Not just Sex

A lot of the arguments against polyamory are: it's just about sex, it's dishonest, it's selfish, and it will eventually collapse. So let's check these off.

Polyamory means "many loves." Many polyamorous people (I have some poly friends, although I am not poly myself and am happy with my male partner) stress the fact that polyamory relationships aren't just massive orgies. Often (although not always, but not a lot of things are "always" anyways), a poly relationship will be focused around the emotional and romantic aspect, while the sexual aspect takes the backseat. You might think of a harem, or a man with a bunch of underage wives, when you think polyamory (that's actually polygamy, which isn't something I want to go into). It's not. A lot of communication and open-mindnedness is needed for these relationships to work, which brings us to the next point.

Poly relationships are only dishonest if you make them dishonest, which is the same rule for monogamy. Anyone in the relationship must communicate with the others if they want it to work, moreso than in a monogamous relationship. In fact, a polyamorous person is less likely to cheat than someone in a mono relationship because of the communication needed for it to work. Monogamous people can cheat, too. Anyone using polyamory as an excuse to cheat is ignoring the actual values that go into it.

It's not necessarily selfish, either. Again, open communication. Of course, there are going to be the asshats that cheat on their partners or something, but there are bad spots in literally everything.

And finally, yeah, the polyamorous relationship might not work out. Nothing is assured to be forever. The point is to live your life and be happy.

Love is love (unless it's pedophilia or some harmful messed up shit). No one should be saying that one kind is better than the other (again, ignoring pedophilia).

• Not wrong, but narrow.

Not wrong, because it falls under respect for individual choice, with no major concerns- as would arise for sex with minors, for example, or for prostitution. In these two counter examples, free and informed consent is not plausible- you cannot trust the judgement of a minor, or it obviously exploits a power imbalance (i.E. No one should need to sell their body for cash, and it's on us as a society to correct such levels of deprivation).
    So polyamory is between consenting adults, even if an argument can be made that some level of emotional/ sexual deprivation can be underlying.
    It seems narrow because it neglects a whole very broad area of non-sexual relationships - friendships, creative/ professional collaborations, intellectual rapport, activity partnerships/ common hobbies, support groups etc.
    Also, maybe along the same lines, whatever happened to careers, vocations and making a difference? The arrangement seems to be very time consuming, and maybe we own it to the world to reserve a bit of our time for further reaching activities.

• What's the problem?

If you are poly amorous, you don't really get to decide who you fall in love with. If everything in the relationship is ok with it then what is the problem? If you don't like it, then don't enter a poly relationship in the first place. Sure, some poly relationships do not last as long as monogamous relationships, but what is the problem if you aren't even in a larger relationship in the first place?

• I am poly.

I have two girlfriends and a boyfriend. I love them more than I love myself. Sure, it's harder to date more than one person, but it's not impossible. It's not about sex for most; it's about love, feeling more love than you can get anywhere else. Everyone offers something new! Finding or forcing one person to fulfill all your needs is wrong, in my opinion, if not impossible.

• Of course not

Communication is key to making a poly relationship work and function. Just because you personally may not be able see yourself in a poly relationship, does not make it wrong. I'm quite shocked poly marriage in the U.S. is not yet legal, and I truly believe some day love will win once again.