Is porn ruining our society and how people view women?

Asked by: Humanbeing
  • The world looks at us as a whole not as individuals

To be in a porn movie may be someone's choice but the problem is that that video does not just effect them. There are kids are there who stumble over that on the internet whether by accident or not and it changes the way a person can look at sex. It turns it into more of a casual affair because these people are willing to make this content public. Now the fact is that the more porn there is the worse people will look upon us because the world looks at us by our stereo types and not by each person individually.

• It promotes sex trafficing, rape, and divorce.

Pornography has been directly related to sex trafficking, and therefore obviously the degredation of women. Believe it or not, sex trafficking has been growing in the U.S, but has been kept under covers. The rise of pornography usage has resulted in higher amounts of demand for sex, and therefore, trafficking rates increase as well. These few sentences don't do justice to the crime happening here in the most free country in the world. It is an atrocious crime being made more common by pornography depicting rape and scenes where the woman doesn't want to have sex. The usage of pornography has also increased the rates of rape. Every rapist has frequently viewed porn, specifically violent porn. And after this, the guy naturally wants more than what he's getting by looking at a screen and through a series of gradual progressions, rapes women. Now to the ruining of our society. Pornography has been almost tied with financial reasons for divorce. Almost 50% of our married couples would still be together if the men could get their act together, summon some self-control, and love their wives, and their wives only. Children growing up in broken homes, with one mom or one dad are more likely to end up in jail, get in trouble with the law, drop out of school, become an alcoholic or an addict to some form of drugs, and end up a divorced mom or dad. So is porn doing a good job of ruining our society? Damn right it is.

• Porn is unethical because it commercialise the sex

Sex is so personal for every human in this world howsever subject is male or female but porn make it commercialise. Which have bad impact on teen brains. They doesnt understand the relations just tends to fullfil their needs under relations n that make situation worse which we face in todays world

• Sometimes, but it really shouldn't.

In mainstream industry porn, women are viewed as sexual conquests rather than willing participants--and when they're actually desiring the sex, it's for the pleasure of the man, not for herself. This mindset actually seeps into some people's everyday thinking, which is when it can be harmful and sexist.

But this is merely a reflection of the current state of pornography, not the overall concept of pornography. There is plenty of ethically-made, accurately-portrayed pornography that views women fairly, but unfortunately, it's not as popular as the mainstream type.

• Abused because of porn

To reiterate what others have said, viewers emulate what they watch. I was gang raped by a group of guys when I walked in on them having a porn sesh. I have never told anybody. They ruined my life. Porn was a big influence on their actions and I know this because most of what they did was copying what was on the screen.

Given that the women in porn are portrayed as always consenting no matter and allowing violent acts, it sends the message that a guy can take any woman he chooses, how he chooses, when he chooses. A woman has no choice. Porn is not healthy.

• It's Ruining relationships and permits lying

It's an addiction fueled by denial and the "it's normal;everyone does it" statements. It's total betrayal in a monogomas relationship and it's a form of cheating in my opinion. If you vow to only be with one man/woman that including a seeing ply that many or woman nude in sexual and intimate ways. You're breaking that intimate contract by watching sexually explicit videos or viewing nude sexual photos of other human beings. It violates the person in the relationship it's opposing, especially if that person upfront states they don't agree nor wish to have that content embedded in their monogomas relationship.

• Porn may ruin how men see women, but I think it is also ruining how women see men.

Porn may ruin how men see women, but I think it is also ruining how women see men. As a woman, and in my experience, sex just seems rehearsed and unnatural. The men don't seem authentic and it tends to be quite disappointing. It may be that I have not met the right person, but in my circle, what it means to be a man is changing. So now I am wondering, do I need to change what I expect from a man? Or is there no point to trying to have a meaningful relationship? Does that even exist?

• Ban Violent Porn

Violent Porn show abusers (rapists) doing the most horrible things to teens: spitting, making them deep throat, punching, forced sodomy, forced first time sex in brutal way; no love, no kissing, no rose petals, no soft lights, no music. Viewers emulate what they watch: total disrespect for Beautiful soft Angels

• Do men not aspire to be honourable and to have integrity any more?

How can a woman continue to love and to have respect for her husband when she discovers he is watching her gender be degraded and abused? How can a woman of 30 who has just had a baby; a woman who has had breast cancer; a menopausal woman; an elderly woman feel anything but extreme hurt and anguish knowing their husbands are masturbating to teenaged girls who have probably been abused in childhood and intimidated into having these obscene acts committed against them? How can anyone argue that what should be a loving, private act is acceptable when it becomes an act of contempt for public consumption? Anyone who thinks pornography is harmless should Google these articles: How pornography affects wives; Porn on the brain; Ex porn stars' stories. No wonder the vast majority of women today have body issues and so many marriages are breaking up. It's a broken world.

• I think it is what it is

Women chooses that life to be in, it's THEIR CHOICE, no one forces it on them. The things that may happen in a scene may seem degrading but it's all about perspective. You may see it as offensive, some one else may see it as entertainment. Regardless, it does not ruin our society

• Women are being treated better than ever before, whilst porn has become more accessible than ever before

These rise in trends don't indicate an interconnected problem. In the very past prostitution was rife whilst nationally viewed porn was never a thing. Since the rise of feminism, female rights, and civil rights women have become empowered ever more and have done so alongside an increasing amount of porn availability.

Some women have been empowered by selling sex whether music, film, books, or by magazines. It has helped create a market for jobs of which women can capitalize on. A little bit of sexual liberation can be good and is far less sleazy and harmful than prostitution.

• Sex is real

I wouldn't say that pornography is a detriment to society. I'm not a consumer of pornography featuring women, so I am not able to remark on that; however, I would not say that gay porn negatively impacts my view on the human male. Sex is real life - whether you are watching porn stars or doing it yourself, sex is sex. It is an instrumental part of society: it happens everywhere, all the time, and thanks to it, you're here. And you. And you, and you and you and you. Don't hide from it. Embrace it. Watching it doesn't hurt.

• It is what it is

No, and i'm a man, you can't judge every woman just by seeing a couple of woman in action,
    Correct me if i'm wrong
    Beside, not everything in porn represent every single woman in the world, right?
    And porn is for entertaining not for people to look at it and start judging

• Of course not. There's many types of porn too other than the stereotype referred to by those on the "Yes" side who don't view it;

This comment is largely a response to every argument/claim made by the "Yes" side.
    - Sex for many is a casual affair, as well as a serious affair, depending upon the person they do it with and there's nothing necessarily wrong with either..
    - I've never heard a good reason why a kid stumbling across porn or seeing people naked is somehow bad. They see themselves naked every day.
    - Demand for sex has always been high... So the idea that porn has heightened it leading to more sex trafficking doesn't seem cogent.
    - Objections to rape porn are separate from objections to porn as a whole.
    - Sex is commercial whether people like it or not. People are more likely to look at an advert or click on a video with an attractive person in.
    - There are plenty of people who are exhibitionists who like to be seen naked independent of any monetory remuneration... If they can be said to be "objectified", whatever that means, it is exactly what they want.
    - Out of the number of kids that have seen porn... What proportion do we really think went on to rape somebody?
    - Would a good sex/relationship education be more or less important to preventing that than censoring the internet?
    - You don't read in the newspaper about the man who masturbated to porn instead of going out and raping a woman... That doesn't mean that there aren't at least as many instances of that as the type described in the last 2 bullet points.
    - The stereotype promulgated by the YES votes here is of men raping women or women being exploited... There's plenty of porn of women abusing men who've been a very bad boy... And loads more of people masturbating solo... For many, watching sex isn't remotely as appealing as watching masturbation.
    - That some people get addicted to porn doesn't mean that its net effect is detrimental. People can have OCD that leads them to clean the house excessively... This doesn't make it bad to clean the house.

• Porn is not ruining our society.

Porn is just a hobby that adults enjoy,just like any other hobby.Adults choose to indulge in porn like they indulge in alcohol but someone can pursue the habit in a healthy way that does not interfere with the rest of their life.Although some people see porn as exploitive most participants would say they enjoy the process.

• No porn is good, Naked people are beautiful, fighting people are ugly

Naked is good, angry and fighting and inflicting harm is ugly. Porn is healthy, watching violence is bad. Women are beautiful, so are men, they're human. What's so wrong with people making love. Why should we be forced to watch people hurting others and dirty blood. Isn't that what menstrual cycles are for. I'd rather watch two people make love.

Posted by: bk1
  • No not really

I have not really seen a lot of proof that porn has had an effect to this degree.
    Granted in some cases some nutty people might do something stupid.
    But I really do not believe that porn is like the ahha here are all society's issues kind of thing.
    A lot has happened over the years so saying that this is like a major part of evil in our world is kinda stupid.