• . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . .. .. .. . . . .

• It is fair

As we are now living in a globalized and modern world, we cannot just have the mythical thought that women are worse than men at work or disabled people cannot work.

In fact, if you go check the statistics of number of passes and distinctions in schools, girls work better than boys.
    But why do they receive much lower wages than men ?

Even if disabled persons dont have physical abilities, they can work their brains as well.

It would be much better if disabled persons could obtain a job then governments would not have to spend much in unemployment benefit. Instead they could perform better work in the country. ,

• The seize of...

The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV The seize of my big and enormous TV

• The seize of...

The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV

• The seize of...

The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV

• The seize of...

The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV

• The seize of...

The seize of my big and enormous TV
    The seize of my big and enormous TV

• To equalize society in the long run, positive discrimination is beneficial

Positive discrimination is NOT picking someone based on skin colour/age/sex. Those are superficial indicators of deeper problems. Women DO get less pay. Ethnic minorities ARE poorer. Disabled people ARE more likely to be unemployed. These are scientific facts based on data. You cannot deny this!

Why is this injustice happening? Unless you're a bigot, you cannot honestly say that women are less worthy than men, black people are stupider than whites, and disabled people enjoy sitting down all day. If you think that, then... Words cannot help you.

Being a woman doesn't JUST mean having breasts. Being black does not JUST mean your skin is darker than a white guy. Being disabled does not JUST mean you need wheelchair access. There is so much more societal disadvantage to finding yourself in one of these minority groups. We're NOT judging based on skin colour. We're looking at SCIENTIFIC FACTS about income levels, education levels, crime levels, drug abuse levels, employment levels. Those who say "positive discrimination is bad, we shouldn't judge based on skin colour" should agree with this. We are not judging by those crude shallow distinctions.

You're not picking a black guy because of his skin, you're picking a black guy because when you look at society as a whole there is a much harder struggle to reach the level of a 'default majority human' (white middle-class male) than there is for the default majority human. A black guy is more likely to be from a broken home, more likely to grow up in poverty, more likely to get kicked out of school, more likely to get shot by cops (seriously guys, the US has a problem). These are realities that hold down the potential of the minority group of black people. Other minority groups have their own statistical disadvantages.

We shouldn't have a default majority human, and the only way to fix that in the long run is to neutralize the real social disadvantages of being poor/female/black/old/disabled/gay/trans. The only way we do that is by giving those people a chance to compete. Which is why positive discrimination is beneficial for humanity.

• Opens the door to other women

A company may choose to hire a less qualified female (or male) to attain a balance between gender in the work place. Or, this may sound off, but with more men in dangerous position we don't lose an asset to expanding the world population. Just think even if we only had two men in each city and the same amount of women, theoretically we could keep the civilization going. Where as if we only had two women per city and the same amount of men we most likely could not continue the race.

• You can't help some people by disadvantaging others!

What do we want? To blindly equalize different things? To be the same, all of us, without any difference? It is impossible! And it is poisonous, not natural. I would like to ask from society to help me to be myself! To encourage me to be myself! For example, I am a woman. If I am interested to follow a profession usually followed by men, I would like to have the same opportunity as a man to do it! Not even one percent more or less than a man! The so called positive discrimination hurts both sides, finally. Maybe I have different needs comparing with a man, the society should offer me a safe environment where my particular needs are satisfied such that the developing of my professional skills will not be affected by gender, that's the point where we should do something! But I would like to be promoted for my skills not for my gender! It is stupid to force results (as would be the same percents of male and female employees in one specific domain), but it is right to sustain the premises (equal chances for both male and female to be employed in that specific domain).

• Never a good thing

Positive discrimination is like saying: hey top achiever, i won't hire you because of your skin color or gender...I will hire someone who has lower capabilities than you... Its your fault since birth... You should have been born into a minority group...

Are we encouraging people to be bottom achievers and still get what they want?

Are we punishing top achievers?

Does this sound fair...?

• Never a good thing

Are we punishing top achievers?

Does this sound fair...?

• Never a good thing

Are we punishing top achievers?

Does this sound fair...?

• Never a good thing

Are we punishing top achievers?

Does this sound fair...?

• Discrimination is Discrimination

Putting the word positive before it does not make it any less discriminating. Employers should select candidates based on who will be best for the job, regardless of any other factors. What needs to change is education and people learning to accept other people from all walks of life. What we don't need are laws forcing private companies to select second or even third best just to meet a quota. On the point of quotas, I would feel pretty rubbish if the only reason I got a job was because I 'ticked a box'.

• Discrimination is not positive.

In any case it is good for the corporation to hire the best candidate for the job. An employer should hire the most qualified candidate for the job in hand, even if it is a straight-white-cisgendered-male. You do not fight oppression by oppressing people, and not giving a job to the more qualified individual on the grounds of innate characteristics is oppression no matter who is on the wrong end of it (or the "right" end as advocates for this act say).

• Achievements should be earn not given

If someone help you to achieve something, you are not doing what you can achieve and people who achieved the achievement themselves might laugh at your inability to achieve something. Some people prefer to do something themselves rather than other people helping. So I think positive discrimination shouldn't be allowed.