• Poverty is a big problem

I feel so bad for people who live in those types of cities, I would help out in any way I possibly could. My heart goes out to everyone thats living like that. Thats a miserable way to live, I know I wouldn't want to live like that so why are they? Why are there people all over this world living on the streets, living in boxes, or even living in a house with no floors no electricity and no roof? Is that the kind of life you want to live in? Why are we not helping these people who have children just like us and we are getting more help then they are. They are the ones who need all the help they can get. This makes me angry that people who are living like Joel try to get help and everyone immediately thinks "oh no its a scammer." For heavens sake help the people who are dying from starvation and dehydration. Help the children that you can look at and see the Childs bones... Help the child that you look at that has cuts all over his body... Help the child that is lying there on the floor to weak to get up and move to get help. They live on $2 a day. People always say be a nice, kind person, I don't think anyone can say that until they at least try to stop poverty in this city.

• Poverty is a big problem

• Poverty is a big problem

One major role of government is to help support citizens in poverty and to help them grow economically to be productive members of society. Currently the US is doing an insufficient job in helping the poor rise about their situations. Poverty is cyclical and a the number one indicator for poor educational and social movement.

• Poverty is a big problem.

Poverty is a big problem, and it touches everyone. The number is people living in poverty, or with low income, far outweighs the number of rich or high income people. These people struggle to provide basic needs for themselves that others take for granted. In many modern nations tax payers, and those with more money, often help pay for programs designed to help low income people. Sadly, these programs don't solve the problem.

• It was their fault

Being poor has nothing to do with the family they are born in, it has to do with their choices in life. They have decided to either be lazy an don't get a job and drop out of collage. They could have changed their future by going to collage and if needed get a student loan. That is my view on poverty.