• Public schooling better than home schooling.

Home schooling is very rare because it is so unsuccessful. Most parents are not able to provide adequate home schooling. Also, there is more to school than just academics. Kids need to learn to interact with other people. If they always stay at home, they will always be dependent on their mothers for help.

• Yes, for some reasons, public schooling can be better.

Each family needs to make a decision based on the child's best interests. There are certain factors that can make public schooling better for some children. One of those is the exposure to many different instructors, and needing to learn to get along with teachers and deal with conflicts that may arise. This is good preparation for college, when students and professors may sometimes be at odds. It will also expose the child to other viewpoints than their parents'. And while home schoolers also get together for events with other home schoolers, public school does offer an easier chance for students to engage in sports, band, and other extracurricular activities, and engage with their peers.

• Keep the love of learning alive.

My parents home schooled me until I was 16, when I took the GED (scoring in the 92 percentile) and entered college. I was very well prepared for the experience, though the first standardized test I took was the PSAT. I've found homeschooling's self-directed, tailored learning style to be far more effective than the style of public schools today.

The most important reason to homeschool, in my opinion, is to keep a child's love of learning alive. If a child loves a subject, he or she pursues it far more readily than if it lay in the dark shadow of a test. I can't stress this enough; I wouldn't be half as fired-up about esoteric controversies and scholarly, dry arguments if I had to read them when I was 15.

"But WAIT. What about socialization?" critics will say. First of all, those who choose to take the responsibility of their child's education into their own hands generally see this obvious need. Most (if not all) homeschoolers are part of "co-ops" -- homeschool groups of many families who meet, pool resources, play sports, and do other extracurricular activities. These groups are usually extensive, and yes, children can socialize with people not from their families. The stereotypical image of staying at home all the time is, from my experience and observation, patently false. Furthermore, there are plenty of kids in public school who have no social skills at all. Does simply going to public school ensure a good social life?

In the end, every child's learning style is different. Why disregard the ultimate in custom education? The resources are there. Buy the same textbooks schools use. Watch recorded lectures. Conduct experiments with other homeschoolers. But most importantly, get excited about learning. If you love to learn, you'll absorb even the most boring topics with ease. That is the greatest gift homeschooling gave me.

• No home school is better

Home school is much better as a student I have been both homeschool and gone to public school and homeschool is much better. Anyone who says that public school is better has obliviously not been homeschooled. First of all in homeschool you can move at your own pace. For instance say you are a very talented student and you are always done early. Then you are sitting around wasting time. If your are homeschooled then you can just move on. Also from the religious/atheist point you (and or your parents) can choose if you believe in atheism or a religion. And my final point is that you don't have to do common core or take the state testing which is a painful waste of time.