Is racism against Asians common, and easy to get away with?

Asked by: Roo_Boss
  • It Happens often

One day my friend was talking and all of a sudden he made a racist joke about Asian people right in front of a Asian person i could tell that he (the Asian) was mad at my friend but he didn't tell him to stop or quit it, really sad if you think about it.

• I'm Asian So...

Every white person i know has been racist to me once in their lives. SCREW YOU ALL! I'M ASIAN SO I UNDERSTAND IT PERSONALLY SO YOU NEED TO SQUARE UP SCRUBS! DON'T DENY THAT YOU HAVEN'T BEEN RACIST BECAUSE YOU HAVE... SO YOU CAN ALL SHHHHHHHH OKAY? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING RACIST AGAINST US!

• Yes, I believe so

I just wanted to vote on this and now I need 590 or more words... So here goes!

People are very open about it and it is not uncommon for some people to make racist jokes or blatantly be racist towards any other race of people really.

I need 3 more words.. Nvm.

• I have experienced it directly

Racism against Asians is common, and easy to get away with. First of all, most are from internalized racism. Next, Affirmative Action discriminates against Asians. Finally, Liberals criticize Asians, for many wrong reasons.

Internalized racism is someone from one minority being racist towards a member of their race. Some of these include, "We study hard, because we're Asian!", speaking in a ridiculously thick Indian accent, and perpetuating other stereotypes.

Affirmative Action discriminates against Asians. The SAT scores of Asian students are reduced, so African Americans and Hispanics have a greater chance of getting into college. Asians have higher expectations than people of other races in college applications.

Finally, Liberals are actually racist against Asians. On many web forums, I have seen so many racist events, by African American Liberals. They criticize Asians for not being race baiters who call all people of European descent racist. Asians are chastised whenever they complain about their problems. In a prestigious college, African Americans tried to kick Asian Americans out of a diversity group, because they believed that Asians were privileged model minorities.

We should notice these forms of racism, and stop it. Next time you see a racist event, no matter who it offends, we should stop it.

• It Happens often

• Yes and No

Racism is obviously everywhere. From judging the black teen who walks into room, to making fun of the white nerd in school. There are always going to be racist people out there. Most of everyone has probably heard Jew Jokes, Black Jokes, White Jokes, Polish Jokes, and inevitably Chinese Jokes. But do we actually hate Asians? No, I think we evaluate their academic status, and stereotype them. I think there is racism against them, but on the other end of the spectrum there is always opposition to all cultures and people, and starting a campaign on peoples opinions of other people isn't going to solve anything.
    Racism is common, not just to Asians, but obviously in today's society, unless you are the "discriminated against minority" it's very hard to get away with.

• Not as oppressed

I cant speak for how asians are treated in other countries besides usa bc ive never been to other countries but based off what I see in america I dont believe asians experience racisim in the same way as browns and blacks. Blacks may be stereotyped or have jokes made fun of them based on certain aspects of their culture but I think america sees them in general as smart individuals. Ive personally never heard of asians being spoken about or treated in a hateful manner. I dont think racisim towards asians js very common.