• Rap is poison.

If you examine the lyrical content alone of (most) rap you will quickly see that very little of what's being offered has little to no socially redeeming value to it. Blatant disrespect for law enforcement is the big one for me, it's counter productive and irresponsible. Also the obvious sex themes of some of these rap pieces would make a seasoned prostitute blush. At the end of the day I believe Rap in general needs to get back to it's roots, back when it was pure!

• No, and I'm a white Republican

If our society can't handle rap lyrics, that means that the real problem lies within our society itself. Just one example of this phenomenon. Paul Ryan loves Rage Against the Machine. Tom Morello, RATM's guitarist, was highly critical of Ryan and "ashamed" to have him as a fan because he was running for VP on the republican ticket. RATM's lyrics lean heavily to the left, but that didn't stop Paul Ryan from becoming a fan. Tom Morello represents what is wrong with our society, the double standards and intolerance of "the other" based on political ideology.