Is Reading and Math in Gym Class a terrible idea?

• Should reading and math be taught during gym class?

Reading and math SHOULDN'T be taught during gym class, because we already have time where we learn those subjects, obese children need the exercise, and your finger bone can come out of place because of too much writing. It's crazy how people really dont care about our health, like oh my God!

• It's called physical education

Its a reason that its called (PE) physical education and not biology or geometry. Kids need to know how to take care of their bodies by being actinve and not many people are active outside of school so the 45 minute to an hour class is needed for most in student bodies

• Its gym classes thats y

Gym class all ready sucks u wanna put math and english in it know.Then be my guest NOTE MY SARCASM. I mean why wants the soul purpose of this i loving reading but not when im sweaty and at the verge of death NO THANK YOU I RATHER WALK INTO A BRICK WALL.

• Nonono no no

Bfjj iffbjrj jnfbfh jffbh jjrbfbf hfbfb hhf fb hbfbfh b b ff ehe dhd dnd dbd ccbdhd dbd d dbd dbd dbd hejejr g gjgjbinf ejdsnx x dhhfjfkjnc djdjdjsjs s ddjcjc j j b dhxhxjjsns d cjcjd sn dhd cbfhfjd ch b dhdj hfh dhjcnf vn jv ccfjxnx c n THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO TEACH WRITING IN GYM CLASS

• The worst idea ever!!!!

I say no because us kids need exercise! Does the school want us to be fat or obese. Physical education is the best part about school because we get to play fun games and run around and get healthy not in class or at recess! We need a break from all the learning and have p.E

• Uh no ok

No because math is meant for math and reading is meant for reading and it will waste the gyms teachers time and nobody would want to go to gym class and the kids won't get exercise at school and don't want to come to school no more learning for the kids

• Reading and math do not belong in gym class

Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class. Reading and math don’t belong in physical ed. Reading and math are their own subject. Physical ed is a place where kids can get out and be free from all the other subjects.

• It's a BIG mess

I think no math and reading in PE. I know that you would get smarter but it is our freedom our break from learning for a hour. We need to get our energy out. So we can go back to class and learn. We need our free time we want to talk to our friends.

• It's a BIG mess

• Yes, I believe it's a terrible idea.

Kids want to look forward what to do at school. They want to have fun. When I don't want to go to school. I think do I have gym class and if I do. I say,"i'm going to school because there is gym class." I look forward to gym class and so does your fellow students,friends, and siblings. I think we should keep gym class the way it is.

• Its A Great Idea

It allows student to catch up on classes that they are behind in. It also gives them the ability to understand more things that they cant in there homeroom classes. If they feel like there in a safe environment then they may even get way better grades in other classes as well.

• Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class.

Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class. Reading and math don’t belong in physical ed. Reading and math are their own subject. Physical ed is a place where kids can get out and be free from other subjects.

• It's a BIG mess

• Yes, Reading and math should be in gym.

I think that reading and math should be incorporated into gym because it gives students a chance to catch up on the subjects that they are behind in. It gives them the ability to understand more things than they could under stand in their classroom because they feel like they are in a safe environment. So because they feel safe they will be more likely to get better grades in their other classes as well. Therefor yes, I think that reading and math should be incorporated into gym class.

• Reading and Math in Gym class? No Way!

The difficulty of P.E. Is enough, do we need more? The exercise is what you would focus more on, with all the struggling of P.E. In your head, doing math could be difficult. And, let me ask this, how in the world, do you read while doing exercise? (By the way, some of you guys put your statements in the wrong section, if you think reading and math in gym class is a bad idea, put it in the Yes section.)

• Are you crazy

We don't want reading and math in gym class. We want to have fun not be bored in every class. Gym class is for running getting fit. Not reading a book or doing math problems. We want to learn but not in gym class. We want to talk to our friends. And play sports.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that it is a bad idea to have a way to work both reading and math into gym class in some way. I think that this would be a fun way for kids to learn while being active and having a good time with others.

• No, I believe Reading and Math in a gym class would be a good idea

I think incorporating reading and math lessons inside a gym class would be a smart idea, it would teach people to be able to incorporate reading and math skills in ways other then reading them in a book or looking at a chalkboard, it would probably help them retain the information better.