Is Reading and Math in Gym Class a terrible idea?

• The worst idea ever!!!!

I say no because us kids need exercise! Does the school want us to be fat or obese. Physical education is the best part about school because we get to play fun games and run around and get healthy not in class or at recess! We need a break from all the learning and have p.E

• Uh no ok

No because math is meant for math and reading is meant for reading and it will waste the gyms teachers time and nobody would want to go to gym class and the kids won't get exercise at school and don't want to come to school no more learning for the kids

• Reading and math do not belong in gym class

Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class. Reading and math don’t belong in physical ed. Reading and math are their own subject. Physical ed is a place where kids can get out and be free from all the other subjects.

• It's a BIG mess

I think no math and reading in PE. I know that you would get smarter but it is our freedom our break from learning for a hour. We need to get our energy out. So we can go back to class and learn. We need our free time we want to talk to our friends.

• It's a BIG mess

• Yes, I believe it's a terrible idea.

Kids want to look forward what to do at school. They want to have fun. When I don't want to go to school. I think do I have gym class and if I do. I say,"i'm going to school because there is gym class." I look forward to gym class and so does your fellow students,friends, and siblings. I think we should keep gym class the way it is.

• Reading and Math in Gym class? No Way!

The difficulty of P.E. Is enough, do we need more? The exercise is what you would focus more on, with all the struggling of P.E. In your head, doing math could be difficult. And, let me ask this, how in the world, do you read while doing exercise? (By the way, some of you guys put your statements in the wrong section, if you think reading and math in gym class is a bad idea, put it in the Yes section.)

• No core classes in gym

Its stupid we have core classes for a reason you need physical education and u need to get all your energy out that's so stupid to ever think of that and kids love gym class they would be so unhappy if they didn't have gym class. Keep core classes out of it!

• Reading and Math in Gym is a terrible idea!

Who came up with the idea of Reading and Math in Gym class? Gym class is gym class, reading and math are two completely different things. With the way the educational system is today, students deserve a break every now and then for gym. They do not need more work involved with their fun time.

• Reading and Math in Gym Isn't Good

Schools all allocate time for Reading and Math in seperate classes. The whole idea of Gym is to educate kids on PHYSICAL education and to get them active. By reducing Gym to these other subjects, the concept of the class is taken away. There are some who need the break from academic work to purely just move around and think and others who excel at physical activity who look forward to that every day.

• Reading and math are a good thing

Reading is a good idea in gym since you wouldn't have to do all of these stupid exercises like bur-pees or jumping jacks etc. And the same with math because then you can learn more math than what you learned in your actual math class. Kids don't want to be in gym 'cause the exercises and the gym work makes them hurt and they don't want to hurt in case they have like a Volleyball game or Football game.

• Sitting ducks Play

When PE means physical Education that does not mean that the kids can just sit on their butt and solve a simple math equation so the math and reading have their own place in school at different times and kids really don't get enough play time only in the summer and that's once a year so they are usually sitting at home doing homework or eating dinner

• Its A Great Idea

It allows student to catch up on classes that they are behind in. It also gives them the ability to understand more things that they cant in there homeroom classes. If they feel like there in a safe environment then they may even get way better grades in other classes as well.

• Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class.

Reading is meant for reading class. Writing is meant for writing class. Math is meant for math class, and p.E is meant for gym class. Reading and math don’t belong in physical ed. Reading and math are their own subject. Physical ed is a place where kids can get out and be free from other subjects.

• It's a BIG mess

• Yes, Reading and math should be in gym.

I think that reading and math should be incorporated into gym because it gives students a chance to catch up on the subjects that they are behind in. It gives them the ability to understand more things than they could under stand in their classroom because they feel like they are in a safe environment. So because they feel safe they will be more likely to get better grades in their other classes as well. Therefor yes, I think that reading and math should be incorporated into gym class.

• Are you crazy

We don't want reading and math in gym class. We want to have fun not be bored in every class. Gym class is for running getting fit. Not reading a book or doing math problems. We want to learn but not in gym class. We want to talk to our friends. And play sports.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that it is a bad idea to have a way to work both reading and math into gym class in some way. I think that this would be a fun way for kids to learn while being active and having a good time with others.

• No, I believe Reading and Math in a gym class would be a good idea

I think incorporating reading and math lessons inside a gym class would be a smart idea, it would teach people to be able to incorporate reading and math skills in ways other then reading them in a book or looking at a chalkboard, it would probably help them retain the information better.