• Reading Fiction is a total waste of time!

When I was 4 years old, I visited Disney Land. I immediately noticed that everything there was just a cheesy painted fiberglass and plywood facade hiding a rusting steel frame. To me, reading fiction offers that same sense of disillusionment; it's just a paper facade built on a framework of lies. Why anyone beyond the 2nd grade would want to read it is beyond me.

• You spend a lot more time with a book

My opinion is, if you are going to enjoy a source of entertainment why on earth would you choose a book unless you want to live in the Stone Age. You can absorb so can get the same story watching a movie and while your at it actually know what the characters are meant to look like and watch that whole movie in one or two hours. If you read a book, that takes at least a whole day of being antisocial locked up in your house looking a page.

• Reading fiction isn't a waste of time!!

When you read you can build your own imaginary pictures in you mind and reading also increases your creativity. However,people may think that reading is a waste of time and that's their own opinion. But when you watch the story as a movie you can't know the main character's thoughts and feelings Unlike books readers can know how the main character feels and thinks.
    Thank you :))

• Reading fiction is escapism

The four quadrants of how to spend time, in order of return on investment of time, are:
    1. Important but not urgent
    2. Urgent and Important
    3. Urgent but not important
    4. Neither urgent nor important
    It is tempting to spend time in quadrants 2 and three, but if you spend time in quadrant 1, the result is that 2 and 3 diminish. Spending time in quadrant 4 reading fiction leads to an increase in time spent in 2 and 3. Result: stress and escapism.

• Definitely waste of time

Bdhshs hshshs js shshs jshs shs sjs shshs shs shs shs ssuu djd dhd dhd dbd dhd dhd dshs dhs dhshs dhs djd dhs sjd dbsud shdbd d dbd dbdbdhd dbdbd dbd dbd dbd dbd dbd dbd dbdbdhd dhe dhe dhe dbd dhebeusiebsbsjebeue ehe ebebebe be e ee ebe ehe el7

• Omg yolo yolo

Jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb jeb walter kokoszka

• Omg yolo yolo

• Omg yolo yolo

• Lol lol lol

Because walter is so gay gaygaya yehsfthjdfghifghitghiol gay gay gay gay gay jep jep jpe jpe ejpepj pj pj pj p j pjpj p jp jpj p jp jp j p jp p j pj pj pj pj p jp jp jp j pj pj pj pj specifically walter kokoszka

• Reading fiction is not a waste of time.

Reading fiction can help moral development and help kids to understand the good and bad things happening in our world. Fiction can educate people about famines, war, death, destruction. But it also tells them about love, honesty, and family. Einstein even said once: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but creativity." Fiction is also very hard to write. The creativity of the author is amazing. And some of the bestselling books are fiction: Harry Potter, The Maze Runner, The Hunger Games, I don't think I need to go on. Anyway, my point is that without fiction our world would be as bland as my cupcakes.

• Reading fiction is not a waste of time, okay? Okay.

Like dude fiction is amazing and can teach you so many things. Its cool to read and like men can read fiction to its just like movies who likes non fiction movies dude..... ....... U need to read fiction if anything non fiction is a waste of time and happiness.

• I think when you read you invest your time in good. Therefore, I don't think that reading is fiction a waste of time.

If people want to manage their time well, they should read books about this thing to be able manage their time very well. Thus, how can something that help people to manage their time become a factor of wasting time?
    If you invest your time in good thing like reading, you will not waste your time.

• My name is leonardo, and i approve this message.

Fiction is simply the most marvelous type of read there is. Fiction is a great way to experience the unexperiencable, live the unlivable, and think the unthinkable. Without fiction stories people would be dull and bland, instead of being energetic, creative, and their own person. Fiction stories are quite amazing.

• No, I do not believe that reading fiction is a waste of time.

Reading fiction is not a waste of time depending on what your reading. Growing up all I liked to read was fiction.Even now being a teenager I only read fiction unless I have to read non-fiction. But I don't read the regular teen fiction you think of. I don't read about vampires and witches and stupid love stories every time,but don't get me wrong I love a good love story. But I try to read ones with depth and struggles and real life problems. Things I can learn from. Every now and then for fun i'll read a sappy love story or a dystopian love story,but mostly I read things that make me think. My favorite author is Ted Dekker and if you've ever read Ted Dekker you know he makes you think. Reading fiction has helped with my imagination greatly. Now I love coming up with my own stories and i'm even more interested in learning how to write more efficiently because of my love for fiction. And in that case I really doon't believe that reading fiction is a waste because without it I wouldn't be in love with writing.

• It inspires you to do things

It takes you into a new world
    Where would the world be without fiction? Where would people be without fiction? Would we have such advanced technology as we do today, or would we have any technology at all because we did not have the imagination given to us by fiction? Without this world of imagination, Albert Einstein might just have been a normal person who would have never come up with E=mc^2. We would not be living in the world as we know it today in 2014. If you do not like fiction you may be one of the 36% of people who think fiction is a waste of time. Fiction is not a waste of time! If anything, fiction fills your mind with crazy, intricate, and interesting ideas you will want to experiment with; you may be the next Albert Einstein if fiction is on your side.

• EW! No fiction, no happiness.

Blech! No fiction? Horrible! Fiction gets your creative juices flowing AND gets you to adore life much better. No Twilight, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson... I'd be dull, bland, uncreative and serious. I think many people would be the same way! You can get more connected to tge magic of the world with fiction, and 33% of the people who wrote on here are boring and uncreative.

• Are you serious? Reading fiction is the Bomb!

The more that you read, the more things that you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Dr. Seuss once wrote. There's no such thing as learning too much, reading a fictional stories has the same amount as beneficiaries that is provided by non-fictional books. However, reading fiction makes you comprehend, think, an fantasize a world that originate from worlds galaxies away, where as non fiction only states formal facts that only makes you think like a machine. The phrase 'reading fiction is a waste of time' does not make any sense, its irrational. There many ways of wasting time and I believe reading fiction is not part of that category, personally its like saying creating is a waste of time, which is wrong. There's no law stating that wasting time is illegal anyway, well depending on the circumstances, if it isn't hurting anybody then surrender your self to self-chosen ignorance as Confucius puts it best.

• Not at all.

Why are we assuming that fiction is not related to real life? May it be science fiction or a spy novel, every bit of fiction is inspired from the world we live in and it definitely gives you a much wider perspective on the actual events, oh yes of course their contents exceed the limits of our daily lives but that's what makes it great! I mean, no fiction is created by artifical minds right? "Real" people made them for "real" readers to read. This is how we adapt our minds to creative thinking and become open-minded. Even the most unrealistic book depicting a utopia cannot be thrown away just because it's "impossible", it represents a goal which we , as humans, yearn to reach and it will only serve to motivate us to better ourselves and our world. And remember, brain is still a mysterious organ and reality is what you believe it to be! Anything -a concept, a universe, a story etc- you can imagine is as real as you are!

• It inspires you to do things

It takes you into a new world

• Reading fiction is not a waste of time

Reading fiction is one of the best things you can do, it allows the reader to broaden their mind and think of unique things that they would have never thought of before. Its basically like watching a movie except everything is up to your imagination as you read the words the author has laid out for you. I just become and active reader myself after hating books and its amazing how much I have missed out on something so fun.