• I think that religion has been created by man under the influence of god.

I think it is undeniable that God is a factor in our lives. No matter where you are, you can feel His presence. But religion itself has been created by humans and perverted for their own use. I believe that true spirituality is where you will find God, not in books.

• Man made hoax

First of all we have all these different gods in different religions around the same time era that they were supposedly around the same time which is crazy, jesus was just a regular human guy as researched in da vinci code, all these religions were created for power and separation

• Religion is man made

I keep things simple. No one has seen GOD, heard him yes/maybe. I believe in god don't know why. There has been Moses, mohamad, etc.. All by them selves none with many others so who is to believe them? Would you believe me if I said I saw god if yes why? They say god is all forgiving but yet fear god why? Christens and Islam believe in the same god so which religion is it? Or is it one of the others? Ya ya the devil made you believe in the others so which one is gods choice? God would not have two choices. No one knows and never will. Oh I will when I die. Oh then you'll you'll find out you might be wrong. Christens believe Jesus was Christen no he was not. He was raised Jewish, lived Jewish, died Jewish he never said he was getting out of the Jewish religion. We should all be Jewish Christens. I don't believe even one religion is godly and not a man made religion. Prove it and not by only one man saying so do it by the masses seeing god anyone can say they they saw god or talked to god and this is what he said, no way am I buying it. They are all man made religions without exception. My belief is for you to do your best and to be your best to everyone. Religion is what you believe it is inside of yourself not what someone tells you. Religions seem to be helpfull in the world but yet manipulative and not always the best.

• Of Course it is

Logic, reason, rationality, easy! I find it hard to understand how with todays knowledge and discovery the obvious goes unseen. This was known centuries ago when the Constitution was written. One is real and rational the other total subjective fantasy. Of course it will go on because those using religion for gain know the absence of evidence and evidence of absence and the inability to provide negative evidence all can be used to perpetuate an untruth.
    I can't resist, just one - it's estimated that 70% of catholic priests are gay.

• Without proven outside contact (Aliens or God) early humans could have easily thought up religion..

To find where something came from you must follow it back as far as you can. For God/religion, I think it could all be traced back to the earliest thinking humans wondering what happens to their mates/offspring "loved ones" after they die. I am referring to the pre biblical humans who are proven to exist well before 6000 BC. And for it to make sense you have to leave your modern way of thinking and think as if you were in their shoes knowing only what they knew many thousands of years ago. There are other, less intelligent species on Earth right now, that have rituals or behave a certain way with the deceased. Elephants, for example, exhibit interesting behavior with deceased. Since avoiding death seems to be programmed into most species, learning about dying seems like it would immediately lead to finding a way to avoid dying or coming up with a way to explain that it's not the end (or at least believing in it).

Some things have obvious deadends, like black holes, which seem impossible to know everything about bc you can't even see what's on the inside and live to tell. If you study the history of humanity throughout the world (and not just the middle eastern /african part of the world) you'll see all kinds of stories about Gods throughout time and completely different cultures.

To this day "God" refers to so many different ways of dying and having a pleasant post-death experience. Each one having his own unique way to secure this afterlife while condemning all other religious followers. And since we can't "see what's on the other side" of death and come back to tell the world about it, God will be around as long as humans fear death. Just like it seems impossible to go into a black hole and come back to tell the world about your experience...

In time, death, black holes, and God may turn out to be basic (+ & -) math in the grand scheme of this large and wondrous universe. Just like how basic technology we use every day would completely blow the minds of humans just 5,000 years ago, who knows what we'll know thousands of years from now. Unless we all kill each other before we get there :(

The answers are out there just waiting...Narrow minded religions only hold back progress. Humans could easily learn to be "good" without fear of death as the driving force.

• Humans, through time (history and prehistory), have created various Gods to explain the unknown.

To find where something came from you must follow it back as far as you can. For God/religion, I think it can all be traced back to the earliest thinking humans wondering what happens to their mates/offspring "loved ones" after they die. I am referring to the pre biblical humans who are proven to exist well before 6000 BC. There are other, less intelligent species on Earth right now, that have rituals or behave a certain way with the deceased. Elephants, for example, exhibit interesting behavior with deceased. Since avoiding death seems to be programmed into most species, learning about dying seems like it would immediately lead to finding a way to avoid dying or coming up with a way to explain that it's not the end (or at least believing in it).

The answers are out there just waiting... Or you can keep your nose buried in 1 book.

And bc anything is possible...Alien visitors in the past could have easily sparked the G word too!

• Religions aren't that important, faith is.

It's been said above, and I have the exact opinion as them. If God is only and one, why are there many religions as we all have known? People who lived in my country in the ancient times didn't know much about religions although they had beliefs and faiths in some objects that they believed had the spirits of their fore fathers. For me, I believe that God is for real because if we think about how the planets or the ET place was made in the first place and who did?
    So, religions teach us to have faith in God and I think I can have faith in God without following any religions because the point is I have faith in him and by the fact that there are different religions of course different ways to worship God and send prayers etc. why can't I have my very own way to worship God? And I'm sick of how religions make the followers believe there's such thing as heaven and hell, well, whether at the end of our lives that those places are real, I don't wanna believe in their existence even if I'm open to thinking about the possibilities. It's just that religions made it as their very ultimate goals in life and I think it shouldn't be like that because it makes people just wanna do good and avoid harms for only a selfish goal of getting a ticket to heaven. If you wanna do good then because it's a good thing and it's nice to be a helpful and kind person for both the helpers and the helped ones. It should be a dream of every human being to build a harmony and peace between one another it's a happy thing and don't we always wanna choose to be happy? And sad thing is that religions seem to be the gap between people, differentiate, discriminate, break that dream. But then religions are nouns so who else do those stuffs I just mentioned? It's mostly the people that follow the religions and create the barrier and rules and everything they wish to always reshape the religions the way they want to. That's why I think religions were man-made in the first place. A friend told me that in order to have a faith in God you need a proof and that proof should be a religion and for me instead of a religion, the proofs should be real actions showing our gratitude to God about each and every minute blessed and given in our life to stay humble and learn the mistakes from yesterday. Reshape us to be better and better everyday, using the chance of life our best.
    And I think, God isn't that selfish to always wanna be worshiped, maybe loved yes, believed in, but I think God isn't that self-centered and just wants His creations to have a happy and peaceful life in harmony between one another because it's something nice to watch.

• Yes, religion is not spirituality.

Spirituality is an individual or group experience of something that is unexplainable in human terms. Religion is the attempt to categorize that and provide more usual access. It has its rites and symbols that can be helpful. However, they are still human made and the rules can stand in the way of people finding the transcendent.

• Religions were made by honorable men but there was no divinity involved in the whole process of religion's evolution.

The prophets were honorable people who appeared in history at times of great debauchery and injustice . They were philosophers who deemed that there was some entity who organized the creation and set about making an effort to contain the evils in society . So they invoked God because humans are basically superstitious and want to be controlled . The prophets probably earnestly believed in a creator and went about convincing people about what they thought to be correct . There is nothing divine about religions . A study of the known prophets will show them to be very dogmatic and fanatic in what they believed were ready to suffer for their convictions. This zealousness helped them ultimately to create followers and new religions were born . The prophets were no decievers but genuinely good people who wanted to reform the society . There was however no divinity involved in the whole process of inventing of religions .

• The organisations are - the truth is not.

People want to rule over other people and want money and the wealth of the world. This is man made. The person who sees themself as equal, and wants to give not to take has found God. The greatest danger to the person who loves God, is the person who pretends to love God but does not. Cain pretended and killed Abel who was genuine. Later the Jewish leaders pretended and killed Jesus. Then down the centuries millions have been killed for loving God, by those who pretended to love God.

• Is religion man made?- well Not Exactly

If you think about it for a moment on how many religions appear in history in a similar pattern and "style" it is unlikely to be man made. Why would you create a religion, when there are so many out there and claim that what you have is the truth and force it on others. (Without being paranoid) Is it some kind of ego trip to feel like you have control or do these people actually are being manipulated in some way? Yes ultimately it is they who create a religion but there could be being interfered in some way. How is religion able to survive in such a modern society when people have so much education. So all that may sound crazy but it is possible that religion is not man made and may be influenced by outside factors in a large way.

A few questions I would ask
    How do people who are so very athiest become religious all of a sudden? (even if it is rare)
    Why are those into spirituality more likely to get depressed and have less good mental health (according to a study at least).
    Why do such mostly rational people hold such irrational (or even just rational) beliefs?
    What is to explain things like psychic phenomena?

I found a site suggesting that there was an existence of some kind of influence and read into it:
    http://www.Clarity-of-being.Org/dark-force-my-own-experiences.Htm

So it is possible for religion not to be man made directly although perhaps you could say it is man made as any influential factors in creating religion may have been created by man in the first place.

Anonymous says2013-08-21T01:55:32.970
Religion is man made, man named an man owned. I have been reading the bible from the old testament and nowhere does God tell his messengers or prophets to preach religion of any name! He teaches mearly understanding of life, how to treat people and how to do right from wrong. I am a God loving God fearing person and I always try to right. I was christened Catholic but I don't go by that. Just another child of God :)