• Yes, religious violence is inevitable.

We all have a different God we pray to and we all feel we are in the right. I believe any God we pray to feel that violence is NOT the answer, whether you are Buddhist, Muslim, Christian or Jehovah Witness. However, people don't think that way. In their eyes, there is only one God, and of course, theirs is the right one. From my research, I find the Atheists to probably be the most accepting!

We all have a different God we pray to and we all feel we are in the right. I believe any God we pray to to feel that violence is NOT the answer, whether you are Buddhist, Muslim, Christian or Jehovah Witness. However, people don't think that way. In their eyes, there is only one God, and of course, theirs is the right one. From my research, I find the Atheists to probably be the most accepting!

• Yes it is.

All one has to do is to take a look back at history with particular regard for the Roman Catholic Church and see all of the violence that was done. They are called the Crusades. Even in today's time many people are killed for their religious beliefs. Religious violence has been around for a long time and it is here to stay.

• Yes, I think it is.

Yes, I believe that religious violence is inevitable. When you have different groups of people that believe polar opposite things and are unable to find common ground, violence is what is going to happen. As long as these groups continue to think different, there will always be religious violence in the world.

• My inner cynic is at odds with my inner optimist.

Historically, as long as there has been religion, there has been religious violence. It's difficult to be optimistic about the issue when faced with religion's track record for war, inquisitions, persecutions and battles for supremacy. But that said, we're in a unique position these days. We're more educated than ever. We have more exposure to other cultures and religions than we have ever had in the past. The internet offers us opportunities not just to learn, but to communicate with people of other faiths. And yes, there's still a lot of religious conflict in the world, both online and off. But I think we have a real opportunity here to become more understanding and accepting of other faiths. So I remain cautiously optimistic. Religious violence isn't "inevitable". It may be probable for the foreseeable future, but not inevitable.