• School Uniforms are needed!

School uniforms help to demolish bullying people against their clothing. Students are allowed to chance to focus on studies rather than fashion. This also takes away dress code violations. It is proven that with uniforms, there are less violations. Uniforms help to make a school a more relaxed and academic place.

• Lim Piseth advice

Sure, I think it's a good idea that all students should wear school uniform because it's look equal from poor students and rich students. However, those student no time for spend to choose their own uniform. >>>> Sure, I think it's a good idea that all students should wear school uniform because it's look equal from poor students and rich students. However, those student no time for spend to choose their own uniform.

• Yes i am for uniforms

I disagree with the position that, “school uniforms should be banned and that students should wear what they want to.” My reasons are as follows: it gives a sense of uniformity so students would not discriminate on other students, students would focus on their studies instead of their appearance, a sense of identity is given so people would be able to see which school you are from and is cost-efficient.

• Statistics prove that Uniforms are a good idea

First off, I'd like to know what exactly is creative about a mass-produced t-shirt that has curse words on it. Students are capable of making uniforms their own while still staying within the parameters of the dress code.

In addition, studies conducted on scholastic achievement and uniforms found that students pay more attention in school without the distraction of fashion. Uniforms has also been linked to increased self-esteem among students. The class distinctions are also disrupted, which provides more equality.

• School uniforms are good!

School uniforms improve test scores! And kids can't get bullied about what they wear, and no one feels left out. Kids also don't feel like like thay are poorer than other kids because of their clothes. Other kids can't brag about their clothes. School uniforms can help kids in school and their attitude!

• Uniforms improve security and reduce competition between students

When schools have uniforms it is quick and easy to see which kids do and don't belong to the school.

It also eliminates kids judging each other on what they wear.

Kids who look like students feel like students and are more likely to act like students.

It also promotes a sense of belonging.

• I believe it at least slows down the targeting of children for bullying and for possibly stealing from; a level playing field may be helped by uniforms.

I have two children in public schools but both have also attended private schools. After reviewing the information and facts distributed by both the school districts and the newspapers, I believe that uniforms can be more of a help than a hindrance. I believe it at least slows down the targeting of children for bullying and for possibly stealing from; a level playing field may be helped by uniforms.

Posted by: JazzyGilberto99
  • Uniforms are unconstitutional

Kids have the right to express themselves. Forcing kids to wear uniforms violates that right. They also have the right to a free education and unless the school is going to pay for the uniforms this rule would violate that right as well. Guidelines for what kids can wear are ok but schools can not make them wear any certain thing.

• I oppose requiring students to wear uniforms to school, unless it is a private school.

Uniforms take away a child's creative identity. I think it is important for children to develop their personalities, and expressing themselves in their choice of clothing is one way for them to do this. Also, many parents are unable to afford costly uniforms. This puts an unnecessary burden on the parents in an already poor economy, at a time when so many are struggling just to put food on the table.

Posted by: DapperThad
  • Schools uniforms are bad.

School uniforms are a bad idea because kids do not get to express themselves. If some one makes fun of them, just ignore them. Nobody cares what other people think. If kids get uniforms then they cant express themselves to other people or in public. Kids need to actually be around other people without looking stupid.

• Decreases individuality within student population

The use of uniforms decrease a student's individuality giving them the impression that they all need to look the same to get along. It is also a financial burden on the parents of the students because uniforms are expensive and the kids still want clothing for the weekends and during the summer.

• No.

I don't think it is a good idea at all. The students should be able to wear what they want. They need to be able to express themselves through their clothing. Making the students wear a uniform isn't going to effect the way they act. It's not a good idea.

• Yes and no. Depends,

Its ok to have uniforms but pls for the love of god dont make me wear 2 layes of clothes when the school is located at a really hot country and pls dont make the uniform as uncomfortable as a straitjacket.

I ran out of things to say so let me just add some words here

• Socialist like state

If we make everyone dress the same they will feel like a slave to the school rather than a hard working student going to sucess. Schools are not prisons where everyone dresses the same. School Uniforms are socialist because it forces everyone to be equal rather than giving every student an oppotunity to choose their own clothes

• Kids should be allowed to wear what they want to

I know that a lot of kids don't like school uniforms, they should not be allowed in public schools, but I think it's fine if you need to wear school uniform in a fancy private school. It practically takes away some of the children's freedom. Public schools: no. Private schools: depends

• No, choosing how you dress is a freedom

Uniforms should not be required in schools. There needs to be a point where children learn to pick their own outfits and make choices for themselves and a uniform requirement limits this freedom. I think uniforms should be an option in school where children have access to them but should not be required.

• No School Uniforms

School uniform are not a good idea because students would not be able to express themselves as they want. I am a student myself and yes I do see bullying but over half the time it is NOT because of their clothes it is because of DRAMA. School uniforms are a terrible idea. Just because students want to express themselves through their clothes. Teachers, and principles take a lot from kids. They take our phones our freedom of speech and what we want to wear. I think it is unfair.

Anonymous says2013-04-21T18:09:27.833
I would love to know what is so "creative" about a $30 mass produced t-shirt that has curse words all over it. Creativity is in the soul, NOT in the clothes.