• Coz if u hit me i hit u

Yall fuckas need to know dat u dont come to mee whitchyo bumbass handsss. If u slap me imma beat u with ma moms fuckin chappal u dumbass bithc. If a bitch gown have beef wit me she gonna have beef with me F O R E V A!!!!!!!!! Smh

• Yes It Is

Revenge is not and never will be black and white, it’s never one side or the other, one side being wrong, and the other being right. Revenge is a basic human instinct down to the molecular level, as humans we have the basic instinct, you hit me, I hit you back. What revenge really comes down to is the morality of the subject. If someone steals my pen, and I seek to steal their car, my revenge is unjustifiable because the crime I have committed is from a much larger calibre. However, if a man murders my wife, on a moral level I have a right to seek revenge by murdering their wife. Revenge is justifiable depending on the morality of the person as well as the severity of the crime. -Me

• Yes for shona

Shona did a very bad thing but she doesn't regret anything and is very happy about it. Her dad doesn't speak to her any more but she doesn't care and her mum died of drinking to much but oh well she's happier without them. I love shona so so much

• It really depends - an amateur philosopher's rambling

Revenge isn't a 'black and white' thing, but it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it's better to forgive, but I'd say it's generally right if the wrong committed was heinous enough. There was a post on the other side entitled 'Revenge vs Punishment' which I find interesting and plausible, but in my opinion 'righteous revenge' (similar to righteous indignation, one of Aristotle's virtues) is virtually synonymous with punishment. Put simply, if based on 'righteous' indignation revenge is right.
    Some say revenge/punishment doesn't make you feel better and it's frequently depicted as such in the media (movies, books, etc) but personally if it was justified it DOES make you feel better and let you rest easier that such a sin has been punished.
    Thanks for reading, but no flames, please. Just here for a friendly debate.

• It Really Depends

Revenge isn't a 'black and white' thing, but it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it's better to forgive, but I'd say it's generally right if the wrong commited was heinous enough. There was a post on the other side entitled 'Revenge vs Punishment' which i find intresting and plausible, but in my opinion 'righeous revenge' (similar to righeous indignation, one of Aristotle's virtues) is virtually synonymous with punishment. Put simply, if based on 'righeous' indignation revenge is right.
    Thanks for reading, but no flames please. Just here for a friendly debate.

• Well, It Depends...

• It is justifiable

Yea revenge makes you feel a little better but after a while when you have time to look back on what you have done it makes you feel horrible. Karma does come back but one does not cause Karma because Karma causes itself. Think before you act!! Be the bigger person.
    Report Post

• Revenge is like the golden rule

The golden rule as everyone should know is treat others the way that you would like to be treated. Someone treating you in a bad way should get the same treatment to them. It's fair and its life. For example, revenge is considered just a retaliation. So, somebody punching you in the face and you responding to that in anyway is revenge.

• Revenge is like the golden rule

• Revenge is like the golden rule

• Punishment and revenge for an "immoral" action is fine, but to a certain extent.

I believe in revenge and punishment but i only believe in this concept to an extent. I think that there should be a benefit to revenge and punishment other than the pathetic reason of "mummy! He called me an idiot so am i allowed to punch him in the face?" That's stupid. How will that benefit you in any way. Your just pretty much a toddler that can't control their emotions and can't think clearly. Getting revenge on someone won't full fill you and give you a lasting happiness, it will only leave you with an empty feeling inside when it's over. It's like after masturbation, after the climax you just feel empty and start regretting and feeling bad about yourself, because of the contrast between the amount of pleasure you gained from the climax and the after feeling, emptiness.

Therefore, instead of chasing after something that won't really help you, it would be wise to think about the matter consciously and think, what else could i do that will either benefit myself or other people, like for example, making sure this never happens again by maybe finding the culprit and changing his/her mindset to never do something like that again. Instead of just blindly setting your life goal and spending 20 years trying to avenge your friend, who got killed by a man with psychological problems when you could just spend, 10 years researching of a way in which you could help that person not kill a person ever again and spend the other 10 years looking for the person and putting your research into practice. Or something along those lines.

In conclusion, it is pointless to try to gain full-fulfillment from revenge, as it is the equivalent of trying to change a bad life to a good life through constant masturbation. Instead of taking revenge you should think of a method which will benefit humanity.

• Stop this "You hit me, therefore I hit you back" mentality

This commits the logical fallacy called two wrongs don't a right. If someone tortured you, does that give the right to torture that person? I suspect that a few people may answer yes to that question, I will ask those people how do they justify revenge against wrongdoers. They cannot response on emotion as this thing can get people to irrational things (I admit that emotion is required for rationality in the first place, but that is irrelevant).

• Revenge is not a justified action.

If you are suffering injustice from somebody else, the correct response is not to take out your psychological or physical torment on the person. The correct response would be to logically assert the matter and proceed to create a justified conclusion. Additionally, it is not worth taken out an action on an individual person just for a sense of closure.

• Two wrongs don't make a right. There is no reason to degrade your moral high by stooping to their level. Malice only fuels more malice.

There is also no justification to exact revenge on a person. Justice is not simply ''punishment.'' Justice is to reform the person from doing it again. You can do so in a number of ways. Kindness, inform of the consequences, and that it is morally wrong. Don't drag yourself down.

• True Harmful Revenge can Never be Justified

True revenge is the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands. How does inflicting more harm upon someone ever justify a wrongdoing? It fixes nothing. Now, two people are hurting and suffering. It's proven to only be a temporary psychological solution to a problem. Like a drug, the stress will come back and hurt you more. It's a natural breeder of chaos and it spreads like a poison. An eye for an eye would leave many people blind.

• Revenge VS Punishment

If revenge entails inflicting wrath upon a perpetrator who has done a wrongdoing, then it is never justified. It is not righteous to hope to gain any resolution through adding more damage to the already existing destruction. It differs from punishment in that vengeance has the connotation of enacting with irrational, mindless behavior rather than focusing on a constructive future so that the wrongdoing shall not be repeated.

• Revenge VS Punishment

• Revenge VS Punishment

If revenge entails inflicting wrath upon a perpetrator who has done a wrongdoing, then it is never justified. It is not righteous to hope to gain any resolution through adding an equal or greater force of damage to the already existing destruction . It differs from punishment in that vengeance has the connotation of enacting with irrational, mindless behavior rather than focusing on a constructive future so that the wrongdoing shall not be repeated.

• Revenge isn't justified

Revenge makes another revenge. For example, when I hit my friend, my friend hit me again. This mean I give damaged to others, person want to revenge to me.
    Also, other person get damaged, acording a book The Count of Monte Cristo, Dantes wanted to revenge Fernand but, his wife and son had damaged.

• Revenge will damage other people.

I think that revenge is really bad, because, we can't do the revenge only for ourselves stress. We can't do the revenge without thinking other people. For, example, when we do the revenge without thinking other people, then it will cause the problem that isn't following the human's right. So i thin that revenge is really bad