• Yes, Right to work protects inviduals from Union Extortion.

Without right to work laws your individual liberties are abridged by an organized-syndicate. Production also suffers in Union environments and goods & services become more expensive.
    Unions oppress the most productive and reward the least productive. Without right to work laws, we would be forced into Collectivist bargining and would no longer be able to rise on our own merits, or advance at a pace our talent allows. We'd be limited into a one-size-fits-all compensation package.
    Also, Union dues would also likely increase beyond their current excessive level. Those dues are most often spent on politcal activism. So if you didn't agree with the Unions political activity, you'd still be forced to pay for it. Even when they are working against your best interest. And if all employment was Union run, it would likely get to the point that if you disagreed with the Union politically and were vocal about it, you may never work again.

• Yes, you have the right to work without a union.

Yes, I think the "right to work" law is a very good idea. Labor unions were necessary in the early years when workers were taken advantage of. It was in every workers best interests to belong to the union that represented him. Today, unions have declined in popularity as companies tend to negotiate directly with their employees. The "right to work law" states that a union may not require membership as a condition of employment. Many workers no longer feel a need to belong to a union.

• Right to work probably is a good idea

Unions have done a lot for the standards of labor and the rights of workers. If I had a choice of being in a union and not being in a union I would definitely prefer being in a union. I suspect that most people would agree with me on that point. If I had the choice of not having a job not at union scale or having a job at whatever scale I would prefer to have the job. Something is better than nothing. It is skills that guarantee a good wage, not restricting the supply of labor.

• Yes, "right to work" laws are a good idea.

The primary reason that "right to work" laws are a good idea is that they are enacted by popularly elected representatives. If that is what the people of the state want, they should be allowed to adopt it. Furthermore, right to work laws do not explicitly outlaw the formation of unions. They make it illegal for employers to force employees to join a union or withdraw union dues without consent. Of course those two issues are central in unionizing a workplace. If you are not required to join the union or pay dues but you would still enjoy the additional benefits acquired by the union, everyone would be freeriders and the union could not operate.

• No It's Not

The "right to work" clauses Americans have to deal with as employees are completely unfair. This is particularly bad in low-wage jobs where you will more than likely never be fired, but they may drop your hours down to almost nothing to run you off. This stops people from collecting unemployment while at the same time being virtually unemployed. Our businesses have learned every trick in the book to work against the citizens in this country and it needs to be stopped.