• He is the Charlie Sheen of politics and Americans LOVE him!

Seriously, who keeps his pimp hand stronger than Ford!? I love watching this guy and for a town as boring and drab as Toronto, whose only claim to fame is Asian food and SARS, Canadians should count him as a blessing and forever immortalize him in song, statues and museums.

Thanks for the laughs, Canada - and for proving that stupid North American politicians reside only in Washington DC.

• Ford flips out!

Ford is a buffoon. The people of Toronto are fed up with his nonsense and his antics. He must go to rehab to help his drug and alcohol problems, not just for himself but for his family. I feel very bad for ford. At least I can say I didn't vote for him!

• Yes, Rob Ford is crazy.

He is clearly crazy. Rob Ford is inappropriate and he does not deserve to be mayor. He does not have any reason that supports him not being crazy. If he knew he would be in trouble for his inappropriate behavior, he would not be in as much hot water as he is now. So I say Yes, he is crazy.

• He smoked crack

Anybody mayor that smokes crack is freaking crazy. This guy is on drugs and drinks a ton. I dont see how he could be any more crazy. He should have been fired from the start. I feel sorry for his city and his family. HAHAHA what a total nut. AWESOME

• Not in the literal and clinical sense of the word, but politically so!

REALLY? (I wish there weren't a minimum word count here as that's all that really needs to be stated). The man is an egotistical bigot who accidentally admits through his crude and embarrassing statements that he is not only hypocritical but also a racist. I feel so sorry for his family, they must simply cringe in the corner every time he opens his mouth! PS watch out for those cameras! Lol

• Rob Ford is not crazy, he is just a conservative

I have seen no evidence that Mayor Rob Ford hears voices or is otherwise insane. Ford is a conservative, which is a kind of delusion, but studies have shown conservatism to be a coping mechanism for one's lack of brain power not a brain that is malfunctioning, per se. Conservatives are motivated by their fear of not-knowing, they will do whatever it takes to make themselves feel like they have a good handle on things... Including establishing superstitious beliefs, religions, conspiracy theories, forming groups to force "stability" onto systems that are designed thrive under chaos (labor unions in the labor market), lashing out at others (ie. Passing laws to punish people for being different, the existence of whom challenges their notion that they have things the "right" way) and, yes, doing lots and lots of crack.

• Rob Ford is not crazy, he's just Canadian

Rob Ford is not crazy, he is just a Canadian I have seen no evidence that Mayor Rob Ford hears voices or is otherwise insane. Ford is a canadian, which is a kind of delusion, but studies have shown Canadaism to be a coping mechanism for one's lack of brain power not a brain that is malfunctioning, per se. Canadians are motivated by their fear of not-knowing, they will do whatever it takes to make themselves feel like they have a good handle on things... Including establishing superstitious beliefs, religions, conspiracy theories, forming groups to force "stability" onto systems that are designed thrive under chaos (labor unions in the labor market), lashing out at others (ie. Passing laws to punish people for being different, the existence of whom challenges their notion that they have things the "right" way) and, yes, doing lots and lots of crack.

• Great and Proud

Rob Ford is a very good financial manager, and has saved the city of Toronto a lot of money by making a lot of job cuts. Through this, Ford has gained many enemies. However, he is most definitely not crazy, as although he is not a very good role model, he has done what a mayor is supposed to do; save his city a lot of money.

• It's Just Denial!

I believe Ford is a smart, talented guy with an addiction. Like others before him, I doesn't want to admit he has the problem. Maybe, he sees it as a sign of weakness? Or maybe, his denial runs that deep? If other family members have alcohol and/or drug abuse issues, it may even seem like the norm to him (and his brother). Still, it is an addiction. There are no cures. So, the individual struggles with it for life. Ford needs help to get his life back in control. Is his career over? Hmmm. That oxycontin bust didn't seem to hurt Rush Limbaugh. Bush 43 campaigned in 2000, admitting that he drank too much alcohol & that it almost ruined his marriage. I suppose, Ford's career depends on two things: a) His ability to own his problem & seek treatment; b) If Canadians are forgiving in the Voting Booth!

• Rob Ford is not crazy, it is the media that perceives him so.

Like any other human being, Rob Ford has made significant mistakes. However, as a mayor, he as kept taxes low for the working class and has made an honest effort to make Toronto a better city, in his perspective. The media has made fun of his physical features as well as other aspects of his personal life. However, that's the problem. There should be a difference between his personal and professional life. If we scrutinize aspects of our own daily lives as closely as we have scrutinized Rob Ford's, we will find that we can all be considered quite "crazy".

• He isn't crazy.

So he may have some personal issues to deal with but as far as Mayoral duties go, he's the best mayor this city has ever had. I, along with a good portion of this city, will vote for him again next time around. Sometimes I don't blame him, if i had to work alongside some of those people in city counsel, I might turn to something a little stronger too.

• Semantics and the Locals

In the case of Rob Ford’s drug use, semantics is at play. He has clearly stated, in past tense, that he has tried crack-cocaine, however is not admitting to current drug possession which is strictly speculation. Whether this type of fissure in the conduct is auspicious or not (which the answer may seem immediately obvious when not entirely), you’ve got to be obtuse to not realize that his actions are no different than you, friends, family, acquaintances and any other /human being/ that have partaken in illegal or sometimes questionable behaviour.

As a second and final point, anyone debating this from the US (such as myself) should entirely be disregarded as a whole. The outside opinion of non-Canadian citizens, and ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE NOT FROM TORONTO have NO RIGHT to SPEAK on the SUBJECT. This is a matter for the local population to decide and it is redundant to spout insulting statements in the face of debate, apoplectically seizuring at your keyboard wielding the chair warrior’s insignia when, God-forbid, a lawmaker does something unsurprising. You and he are no different than by the HUMAN system of stratification, an abstraction of an abstraction.