• It absolutely is.

In rugby, the players must play offense AND defense. They must play an entire game, which does not stop when a person gets hit. Football involves only nine minutes of actual action in any given game. Rugby is eighty minutes of action.
    In football, the play stops when a person is tackled and everyone mills around, catches their breath, and resets. In rugby, if you don't release the ball once tackled they can legally kick you for it. And there is no blocking, you can only hit the person with the ball; this makes it much harder for the ball to move upfield. Passes can only be made in a lateral or backwards direction, and offsides rules as in soccer apply.
    And no pads, you football babies.
    Rugby is a far more fast paced, action filled, and interesting game than football.

• Damn right yeah

Rugby players get payed a lot less than football players and in rugby the yellow card is more substantial than football. In rugby, if you get a yellow card, you get 10 minutes in the sin bin whereas football, the yellow card is just a big warning. And there is a lot more diving in football.

• YES, by a long shot

This shouldn't even be a debate!
    1) Rugby is played with no pads while football is played with a multitude.
    2) You have to be really athletic to play Rugby while in football you can 400 lbs and still play.
    3) Rugby involves intricate strategy while football is played by small children! Kids can't play Rugby

• Very Different Games

I have played both football and rugby, not just in the backyard but in minor leagues. I started playing football when I was ten and began to love the game and watching it played professionally. I live in a small town of 2,500 people and the high school has about 600 kids. We didn't have a football team due to the size of our school, but our rugby club was and is very successful. Before playing rugby I was convinced that football was better but after playing rugby I look at the two sports very differently. They are very different and require completely different states of mind. I love both these sports and I always will, but right now I prefer rugby over football. I love the opportunity that all players get when playing. Almost all players get chances to get the ball and defend no matter the position. This is why I think rugby is a better sport than football.

• Football is worse then rugby

In football you use your head as a weapon which is why a majority of football players kill themselves before the age of 60. In football you don't even have to bother with the first half of the field you just pass right over it. Rugby takes extreme physical conditioning, which is why there aren't any 400lbs players unlike football. Also rugby players must be able to play in all different positions, unlike football were some players go a whole game without touching the ball.

• Brutal, enjoyable, complex.

Rugby is a game that has to played well physically and mentally, the whole team pulls their weight to score a try. Unlike football, where the controversy and wimps fall over because someone stuck their boot out. Unfortunately Rugby ain't as popular as Football, though it is highly underrated. A shame.

• Rugby is better than football

FOOTBALL STINKS and its just that people argue about it and also rugby is far more interesting and rugby is far more hjhhjdghdjhkdhj jghjksaghdsgh hjdkjdshjdhjf hdhgjfhhjfdhjfd nhgjj hgfkjk jhghg j;ugkgghjg uukhlghghjhjhjhjhjj ghgfkhghgjhgjhgj hjhjhjhjghghghjhgj ghgghjhjhjhhhhhjhhjjknbbbjhhbjhhhnnn khjhjhjkjkhhjk huh huh huh huh huh huh hghggh hyhhbhn go huh huh huh huh hhhhbhh jh

• Rugby is a real sport - American Football is a tool to bombard audiences with commercials

Rugby is a tactical, skillful and physical game which relies on teamwork. American footballers do not rely as much on team work and do not have cross-positional/functional skills. Whereas rugby players must be competent in all the core skills, such as tackling, passing and creating space. Rugby players are true sportsmen in their actions and behavior - gentlemen of the sports world, despite its physical aspects. No padding, longer active game time, less breaks and definitely more exciting.

American football there is not even 15 minutes of actual play which is disgusting considering it goes on for 3 hours. Snooker is more exciting.

The only reason American Football makes more money is that its a tool designed to sell products to consumers and the NFL is an advertising broker, rather like YouTube, Facebook and Google who charge companies money to sell their products to consumers. When the time taken to watch adverts is longer than the game itself, then the game looks less and less like a sport and this is a stupid debate because American Football is obviously not a real sport. That's why Americans play it in their own territories and they don't have a World Cup of American Football - pretty pointless debate if you ask me.

Rugby wins.

• Dick butt the second

I like cookies and people who like cake more that cookies can go suck my fucking cock and kill themselves cause cookies are SO MUCH BETTER THAT FUCKING CAKE MOTHER FUCKERS SO JUST GO KILL YOURSELVES AND YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE CAUSE I LIKE COOOOOKKKKKIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSS. Ps. COOKIES ARE BETTER.

• Rugby is better

Football has to many delays. The penalties are ridiculous. The ' is it a catch?' Review that comes up ' did he bobble it', ' did he have possession' questions that come up every game. For goodness sake if he has the ball when he hits the ground its a possession! I like the nonstop action of rugby, the one thing I wish they could do is incorporate the forward pass.

• Football is King

If people preferred rugby then the National Football League wouldn't be a 8 billion dollar a year industry. America loves it's football and regard less of what people may say about Rugby compared to football, the popularity speaks for itself. College Football is far and away the most watch college sport hands down. Even college ball has ridiculous amounts of money invested into it look at the University of Miami, that's all you need to know about boosters. Look at the last ten Heisman winners. See how many of them took money or were investigated for pay for play schemes. Rugby doesn't even compare. Any questions?

• Hell no rugby is not a better sport than American football!

Hell no rugby is not a better sport than American
    football! That is why real football is
    so popular in America. Football uniforms
    look a lot cooler than rugby uniforms.
    Rugby looks like football probably did 60 years ago. Football players are world class athletes
    with incredible physical strength and abilities.

• If you think rugbys better put on a helmet

One franchise of American football is worth 4 billion dollars. The Nfl brings in waaay more revenue then all of the rugby teams combined. And it's only in one freaking country. You say we arnt real men because we were pads. We arnt making proper technical tackles. We are literally trying to knock each other the fuck out. So not having pads makes it unethical. One of ur rugby players plays for the 49ers. He said its way mre physical and if there were no pads there would b a death every game

• Football is better than rugby for many reasons.

1) Football padding allows football players to hit with harder speed thus making the game more intense and dangerous.
    Proof: Joe Theismann's Career-Ending Injury
    2) Since there are many breaks in football, it allows the player to go all in for the plays. In rugby, you must save energy so that you can play for 80 minutes.
    3) You can substitute all you want in football, whereas you have a limit in rugby.
    4) In football, you need many tactics to be elusive and win games. You also need to have good teamwork skills and communication skills. It is also necessary in rugby, but in rugby it is easier because the coach can just shout into the field and in football you need great concentration.
    5) Football is easier to understand; I learned the game in less than a week. I have spent over a month tying to understand rugby, but the various ways to play and the field is just plain confusing. Believe me, I'm a fast learner-the fastest one in my class.
    6) Oh, and another thing, a rugby ball isn't cylindrical, its a mix between a rectangualar prism and a football.
    Overall, I think that football is far greater than rugby. I believe that rugby is a good substitute for for football, but the two games are very different. I have to admit that I am biased, for I am American and have played American Football all my life.

• Rugby is too violent.

I'm not sporty, but I can definitely say that Rugby is simply brutal. There seems to be no element, no real meaning to rugby. It was created by a school! Football is played all over. The streets used to be full of children playing football. Parks. Playgrounds. On TV. Children don't and never did play a game where you dive into someone and damage their brain on the street. There is no team element to Rugby; especially if you compare it with football and the teamwork required in football.

• Quality and general Skill Level

Rugby is bland, boring and easy to read tactics. Players are slow, low IQ's of the players is evident, and there is a massive gap between top and low-rated teams. Also, it's boring to watch. TMO's and resetting scrums has slowed the game that it's actually unbearable to watch. Limited amount of competition

• J ljn j

Okljhbvcbhjkl;j/nh.B,gcfnxdrtyuioj klnjh.Bgcfdxgrtykuilo;p;l,/ hj h n hjb b nnjkhi jjn jkn jk nijn ono no noj noiom nn hnunh nb h ihih uj hu[o uoh uh u[h uj houh ou uoh ou uo uo ou' o ho' hi ihpp i pih hiph ihi hi p 'hi h'ihi ' h'h iho ih ih