Is same-sex marriage a slippery slope leading to polygamy, bestiality and incest?

• Except for bestiality

Animals can't consent to have sex with humans so bestiality won't be legal any time soon. However, adult consensual incest and polygamy fall on the same arguments so they are coming. But that's not a reason to oppose same-sex marriage. How is it any of the state's business what two or more consenting adults wish to do in their relationships? Get big government out of people's personal lives!

• Yes, the complexities of gay marriage.

Although I am not opposed to gay-marriage because that is someone else's preference, I do have a firm conviction that it can lead to other sexually oriented preferences. If the argument for gay marriage is that marriage is a matter of equality, then what law should be imposed to stop one from marrying multiple people, an animal, or their cousin? If gay-marriage is allowed on the basis of marriage being a matter of equality for any U.S. Citizen, then how would it be fair to deny others of polygamy, bestiality, and/or incest?

• Yes, I do indeed think that it just might be a very slippery slope.

All you need is one domino to fall in a row and the whole thing comes tumbling down. The same can possibly be said about morality. If homosexuality is seen as ok by the general public, then what stops polygamy, incest, bestiality, and pedophilia from being wrong. I don't hate homosexuals, but forcing their beliefs on the public and allowing such brazen disrespect to God is just wrong in my opinion. Thanks for hearing me out and may The Lord bless!

• The whole gay marriage BS is based on consent between 2 individuals.

If a child consents to a relationship with an adult, why stop them? If an animal does not resist a relationship with a human, then there must be consent so why stop it? If 2 people in the same family want to be in a relationship, what's the harm if they don't reproduce? There is no real harm with multiple spouses, but polygamy is the least problematic out of homosexuality, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, and polygamy. Homosexuality is not natural and should not be encouraged and treated as such. The media is the main culprit for encouraging such sick behavior.

• Yes to an extent.

The argument for gay marriage is very similar to that for adult consenting incest, and polygamy. Love is love, and it isn't hurting any one.

Bestiality is a different case, as an animal has no say in the relationship so that should never ever be allowed.

It is a known fact that incest can cause deformations in infants born as a result of procreation, however, just like with gay couples, incestuous couples could adopt, wear protection to prevent pregnancy, etc.

I feel gay marriage defiantly is leading towards some of the things listed here, to an extent.

• I do support gay rights, but there is one thing that i can't understand

Why do you want same sex marrige so bad? It won't change a lot andit will create a snowball effect. I live in israel, the only middle eastren country in which being gay is not a crime, the gay community in this country barley speak about being allowed to get married and except one time before the last elections here it was never debated on national televasion. The gay community here doesn't fight for this "right" because they are more busy at trying to reduce the homophobia coming from the religious extremists and the muslims in this country. There have been numerus cases in which an arab in israel honor killed a gay relative or acquaintance because of their sexual orientation. Only in my country (which all of you "freedom lovers" seem to love to hate) someone who did this kind of thing will be thrown in jail. In iran they hang gay people, death penalty in saudi arabia, yemen and sudan and imprisoment in the rest of the states.
    Gay people in israel aprricate the fact that they are not hanged in the city square for being gay. Gay people in the free world should apprecite how much they have compraing to old times and other countries. Judaism is the only religion thus far in which a large part of the religious people accept gay (including me) but the last thing we want to do is allowing gay marrige mostly because of the snow ball effect. Aprecite the fact that you can have a stone free gay realationship and start respecting the opinion of religious people.Before you label me with "homophobe" and "primitive", the fact that i don't want same sex marrige doesn't mean i don't accept gay people.

• Incest and Bestiality

I submit you gay people agree to all, I repeat, ALL ADULT members of any species who love each other, should be able to have sex and get married. A sister and sister, a sister and brother who love each other should be able to have sex and get married. That is what you gay people believe in .

• Yes I do

Just wait and see in 20 30 years time
    drugs are slowly getting legalised and so will be incest and other disgusting things ....A time will come when people will say to love anything and the other individual who agrees with my love is our rights regardless even if its between mother and son son etc

• Look it up online

There are so many people who want beastiality legal. Beastiality porn is everywhere and it's legal in the US. If you look at the internet there are so many people who want it to be legal. I look at yahoo answers and about half of what I saw was saying it should be legal. I went to a youtube channel on antizoophilia and it's videos were 50/50 with likes and the majority of comments were defending beastiality. I'm sorry people but if you look online, folks want it legal now.

• Incest and homosexuality

GOD and i commited incest no lies no deception GOD and i are and were truly mother and son and i didnt destroy sodom and gomorrah because of homosexuality but because of violence, beastiality and greed for example would you feel surprised if i speaked the truth ? Well it is.

• No it is not

Same sex marriage has been legal in the Netherlands since 2001, and in various US jurisdictions since 2004. Has a rampant rise in bestiality and incest, and (oh my god!) polygamy occurred? Of course not. Whether it's Argentina or Canada, South Africa or Norway, no country that has legalized same-sex marriage has seen this wave of "deviant" behavior religious conservatives claim will happen.

• REALLY? This should not even be considered

I'm flabbergasted that this question even exists. As many have previously stated - bestiality, polygamy and incest are current, existent issues. I have a hard time believing anyone is actually that silly to believe that gay marriage would influence anyone else's choices! If you're going to put forward such a ridiculous and unfounded causal relationship than the impossible argument would actually be that traditional marriage is responsible for bestiality, polygamy and incest as it the precursor.

• Reduction is Absurd

The argument that same-sex marriage leads to anything beyond same-sex marriage is ridiculous. The only possible connection between the three is that once same-sex marriage is no longer a debate, the floor will be open to discuss other social issues. No matter what your views on polygamy, bestiality, and incest are, same-sex marriage has literally nothing to do with it.

• Simply Pointless Argument

It is pointless because the same cause-effect argument could be applied to heterosexual marriage but it is legal. So until all kinds of marriages are banned this argument is meaning less. Gays are not asking to get married BECAUSE they want equal rights. They use that argument because they are BANNED from the deserving rights. If a fight for incest marriage does show up then a separate case will be raised.

• Gay marriage still mirrors heterosexual marriage

Well certain forms of incest is allowable in many states so same-sex marriage will not lead to it, but for the bestiality and polygamy:
    1. Bestiality is sexual contact between a human and an animal. So how would a marriage lead to that? But if the question is whether it will lead to people marrying animals, then no. Marriage is between consenting adults and an animal is neither consenting nor a human with rights under the law.

2. Polygamy is an entirely different system of marriage than the monogamous marriage system practiced. A gay marriage still mirrors a heterosexual marriage as it involves the same monogamous consenting adults in the contract. Polygamy brings up a whole different system of marriage. Who is married to whom in a polygamous marriage? If a man has two wives what are the relationship of the two wives to one another? Is there a limit to the amount of spouses one can have? Who decides the limit? How would inheritance be handled? What if two spouses have conflicting decisions regarding their incapacitated spouse? There are so many questions that arise with polygamy marriage system. Traditionally polygamy is a system where a man is the ultimate decision maker but today's marriage it is seen as a equal partnership. This makes a polygamous arrangement a little more difficult legally.

• Gay marriage, like straight marriage, involves two consenting adults.

Bestiality and polygamy do not. Incest does involve two consenting adults, but the big difference between it and gay marriage is that incest between close relatives can produce children with debilitating genetic defects.

And, I might add, incest of some degree is legal in almost every state. In all states you can marry your second cousin, and in a majority you can marry your FIRST cousin. In some states you can marry closer relatives. For example, in Rhode Island an uncle can marry his niece if they are part of a community like Orthodox Jews that allows such unions.

• Such a preposterous assertion.

All other considerations aside, the logic of the assertion impugns the very institution of marriage. If homosexual marriage is, indeed, a slippery slope leading to other forms of marriage, then 'traditional' heterosexual marriage must, logically, be considered a slippery slope to homosexual marriage plus all the other forms of marriage listed.

• No, because one already existed before same-sex marriage and the other two have nothing to do with it

Same-sex marriage could never lead to a slippery slope of polygamy, since polygamy has been practiced for well over a thousand years in various societies before the idea even existed. As for bestiality and incest, these have absolutely nothing to do with marriage as a concept, so it doesn't make sense to think that same sex marriage could lead to these two things. You may as well ask if same-sex marriage could lead to drug dealing or grand larceny.

• Those already happen.

The debate over whether or not same sex marriage should be allowed does not influence polygamy, bestiality and incest. Those all occurred long before the LGBT community asked for the right to get married. In fact, there are more states that allow incest than there are that allow homosexuality. They are allowed the right to be married and have sexual relations, but not people of the same sex? This just does not make sense to me.

• An idiotic assumption

Juts because homosexuals love members of the same gender does not mean we do not turn up our nose at the idea of sex with a family member or animal. Polygamy is an odd subject as it is considered as "cheating" if one of the members of the "relationship" is not willing. It is also very rare, I do not believe myself, that polygamy should be an option in marriage however people can do whatever they want as long it is with humans that aren't in the family.
    I believe the main concerns as to why Bestiality is illegal, at least where i am from, is the health risks. There was a case "Mr Hands" i belive you might have heard of him , his colon was penetrated and ruptured by a horse. So i believe we are completely fine, and if same sex marriage is allowed, nothing other han homosexuals being married will happen, and i find it ridiculous to assume otherwise.
    Same sex marriage is it's own entity and should not be lumped together with what you deem horrible because it is not an attack on you, it is a plea for rights, rights that they do not have, and do not consider it a privelage, It's a right. A privelage is would be something like "homosexuals won't pay taxes", like churches don't.