• Yes, school is good for kids.

I believe that school is good for kids. Of course it's good that they learn basic skills, such as reading and writing and arithmetic. But school is much more than teaching them the three R's. Kids learn to socialize and get along with all types of students. They learn to respect adults and follow rules. Where would kids be without school?

• Yes, to a point.

If nothing else, classrooms teach valuable social skills and groom children for future interactions. Education, however, presents a different case. I firmly believe that schools need more 'real life training'. Instead of requiring things like PE and Art courses and the like, teach basic math, reading and writing, and history/geography - after these core items, allow teens to either pursue apprenticeships in accredited fields for work experience or pick higher education (advanced math, biology and the like) to ease them into the real world.

• Yes, school is good for kids.

• Yes, to a point.

• Cuse it sucks

Suiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccks alot alot alot ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccooooooorhgjhjetyut y4tuhyert uityn yitui t34iyto git6 iyt 3yur f3y ty8 gtyu 34t 8y 36y ut y 43t 3g 5t345y er34y50 5gr3 4yuh25 ry4i5t g 4ytr qg4t3 ugy 34uh 5tr hg3ow6tkj hyu45t uy435 yu43yo h g yrui 4egtg bv vfrjhwg brfgtjg ergtjkew tgrejteh ethjektyjh gerbje gtrbmb rewhteb thank you

Anonymous says2013-05-17T00:39:08.677
I can't really say 'yes' or 'no' to this to be honest. School affects different children in different ways. Sure, it does help us lean and prepare us for things we will need in life (such as how to read and basic maths, etc.) But at the same time, it can also be detrimental due to other circumstance.

A lot of the time, school also teaches you bad things. Such as the mentality of 'conform or die' (I speak metaphorically there.) If a child is different in any way, other kids are sure to pick up on that, and that can destroy a person's psyche in the long run. Teachers can either be good or bad too, depending on how they teach and their attitudes. An abusive teacher is going to end up going to hurt a kid in the long run too. To be honest, a lot of time, teachers are useless when it comes to bullying (e.G. 'I didn't see it happen, so I won't do anything.')

As I say, it all depends on the circumstances and what the child goes through in school. Yes, school does teach us things we will most likely need in later life and make use of, but it might not help when other factors turn a student into a nervous wreck by the time they've left.