• School is important

Without school I would not be able to debate this topic through typing nor would anyone else. Either because we wouldn't now how to spell ,or use proper grammar and we wouldn't have punctuation either. Witch would make all of the comments on this topic nonexistent and that is why i think school is important.

• Its very important

Helps you not to be a bad person, helps you with getting a job, a education. It will make good choices and know right from wrong. Helps with skills, exposure, and your behavior. It even helps you with sports, art, music, acting, and also helps you fix computers and other technology.

• Yes school is very important.

Sure it's really not that exciting, but really it's necessary. And I'm not even talking about math or science; but also art and music. School doesn't just teach you algebra and geography. And really if you want to become something useful in life like a doctor, you'll need several YEARS of schooling.

• Yes to quite an extent

Most of us agree that education isn’t just a necessity; it should be one of the building blocks of life needed to grow up and therefore achieve a well-rounded knowledge.
    It teaches more than the basics for life, so it is more easier to learn equality and social skills in life than to also achieve goals in life, and to have a happy and stable’ life than an uneducated individual. Education is also very important if you want to be a self-dependent individual. It not only helps you become financially independent but also makes you wiser so that you can make your own decisions.
    The knowledge learned in school plays a major role in peoples’ daily lives. Knowledge about history improves cultural understanding, and basic maths skills help people keep their finances in order and English courses teach students how to read, understand and analyse written material, which is a crucial skill for nearly all modern jobs of today.

• Yes, but it could be better.

School obviously is important, but it should be based on what the child wishes to learn about, instead of someone else saying what you have to do. What I am talking about, is democratic education. Democratic education is not only a better alternative to the current system we have, but the student is engaged with their work and what they wish to learn about. Examples of it in practice is Summerhill School in Suffolk in England.

• Up To A Certain Point

There comes a time where further education is not necessary and instead becomes an economic and social burden. Some students excel in artistic jobs that need no further nurturing by betters and instead best results form one's own freedom; there would be no use for them to carry on to say, sixth form and do other subjects that will have no effect on their future. Also it frees up the resources for those who use them to their full potential. There's no point giving a sculptor lessons on how to dissect animals as it is hardly coherent to their field of interest. However, the basics need to be taught as withy the basics you have no foundation to build upon and in this regard schools are absolutely essential.

• Of course it is

I believe the bill gates steve jobs argument is full of holes. Yes their may be a number of people (a small number i might add) that had success without going to school. But im willing to bet those kids had an intellectual upbringing of some sort. Also bill gates did go to school and it was their that he first had experience with a computer. And I dunno much about steve jobs but i do know he got a lucky break working for hewitt-packard. Being successful comes down to luck/opportunity, social skills, and at least some knowledge. The latter two both being something that one can get in school. Education is key. When it comes to just about every aspect of life, having knowledge helps

• They were lucky

School teaches people how to not only learn how to do your job in the future but also social skills when they are still young. The people that are successful without school were just lucky in a little 1 in a million chance. I'd rather not take those odds and stick with a smarter game plan.

• More and more so in today's society.

We live in an increasingly technical and specified society, where the job market no longer allows for unskilled, uneducated laborers to do well. The number one determinant of whether or not a person lives below the poverty line is EDUCATION. Those without a high school diploma are statistically most likely to be extremely poor and/or unemployed. Those with a high school diploma only are statistically most likely to be poor and/or employed in menial, low-paying jobs. Those with college degrees make 40% more over their lifetimes than those without, and have much lower levels of poverty.
    To suggest school isn't important today is just plain ignorant.

• A TALENT is born but a GENIUS is made.

First of all not everyone is born like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs .Every common man creates his own destiny which requires knowledge, indeed imparted by schools. Also not only does school provide knowledge but also the skills, exposure and aptitude necessary for any kind of job or even professional interviews.

• No, it's really not

What's important is not education, what's important is to have a good eye for business. That's what got Bill Gates and Steve Jobs to the top. If school was really important, they wouldn't have even done anything in life. And their stories are not unique. There are lots of people in the world who have succeeded without a college degree or even a high school diploma.

• Education is important

But there are many other ways to get an education without attending school. Some of the worlds most amazing and successful people never attended school.

Kids who are home educated get the same chances at careers and life even though many have never set foot in a classroom in their lives.

• Because not teching us the the thangs we need to no

Like financial or taxks or polotics and they have been none to not allow some of these like politics and the hours can affect your mood and emotions and actions. On the weekend you can sleep in longer with is bad for your health and wellness, eating can happen when you cary lots of stress wich can lead to obesity.

• School has ruined me

I used to be creative.Writing,descriptive language,coming up with ideas and expanding on them was easy. School crushed my creative confidence to the point of barely being able to write down my opinion in a way that explained it completely and having anxiety attacks and mental breakdowns over nothing ever being good enough.

• It is not important!

I am a sophomore in high school, and my mom, a Spanish teacher, fully agrees with me on how pointless many of the subjects I am learning in school are. For any adults, can you name to me the major themes in the play Antigone? Or can you factor using one of the five ways in Algebra? Or can you tell me the name of the fourth "good emperor" of Ancient Rome? I believe that yes, there are plenty of courses like entrepreneurship, personal finance, and others that prepare you for life and what it throws at you, and some topics are important like Science as a whole, yet when I am learning each and every organelle in an animal cell and all of their functions, I quite often find myself yawning. I do not find this necessary to everyday life. If I want to pursue a career working in the STEP field, then yes I would love science, and I could take that course in college. But being in high school I understand that exposure to these topics are important, but when I spent one week on a topic, memorize 30 key terms, take a test and move on, I do not find this effective at all. Once I take a test I immediately forget what it was on and prepare myself for the next set of oncoming vocab words to memorize that have no correlation to the last. Do not get me wrong, I am in all honors and get pretty much straight A's, but I often find myself stressing about the stupidest things that are worth "huge test grades". A project where I need to find songs that correlate to Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"? That should not sound stressful, but when given a list of requirements and having to type up pages of written work, I begin to stress out. My need to be a perfectionist causes lack of sleep, mood changes, becoming irritable for seemingly "no reason", and so much more. Now I may not change the world some day, but I sure know that nothing I am learning in school is giving me help to lead me in that direction. I have not experiences college yet, or any type of school outside of public high school for the matter considering I am only a 16 year old sophomore, but I find high school extremely extra. Yes, necessary, but the curriculum needs to be tweaked on what classes, subjects, and topics really are necessary. Exposure is key to success, yet going too in depth on seemingly unnecessary topics only harm my mental health due to the increased stress put on me. Memorization and test taking is not learning, it is proof that I am either good at reading a term until i can recite it, or I am clever in ways to cheat and fake it until I make it and move on. Now that's my rant, I ran out of space to continue.

• Terrible just terrible

I hate school! There are bullies and people take the credit of your work and teachers always review stuff you know and kids slack off because the tests start very early and they barley have time to start studding. That are my thoughts. School is just terrible! Thank you for listening reader!

• Terrible just terrible

• Terrible just terrible

• Terrible just terrible

• I learned nothing useful... Except for one class senior year

Elementary school to early middle school of course taught me the basics. But then once you get to 7th or 8th grade, nothing is useful in anymore in the real world. Between 7th grade and all of high school, I took one class that will be useful in math, it was called business math. Business math is a class I took about personal finance, things like buying products, how to do taxes, and paying for houses; if they had all students learn things like this, then maybe I would consider school important. It is just too bad that only one class throughout all of high school came useful to me.