• School is important

Without school I would not be able to debate this topic through typing nor would anyone else. Either because we wouldn't now how to spell ,or use proper grammar and we wouldn't have punctuation either. Witch would make all of the comments on this topic nonexistent and that is why i think school is important.

• Its very important

Helps you not to be a bad person, helps you with getting a job, a education. It will make good choices and know right from wrong. Helps with skills, exposure, and your behavior. It even helps you with sports, art, music, acting, and also helps you fix computers and other technology.

• Yes school is very important.

Sure it's really not that exciting, but really it's necessary. And I'm not even talking about math or science; but also art and music. School doesn't just teach you algebra and geography. And really if you want to become something useful in life like a doctor, you'll need several YEARS of schooling.

• Yes to quite an extent

Most of us agree that education isn’t just a necessity; it should be one of the building blocks of life needed to grow up and therefore achieve a well-rounded knowledge.
    It teaches more than the basics for life, so it is more easier to learn equality and social skills in life than to also achieve goals in life, and to have a happy and stable’ life than an uneducated individual. Education is also very important if you want to be a self-dependent individual. It not only helps you become financially independent but also makes you wiser so that you can make your own decisions.
    The knowledge learned in school plays a major role in peoples’ daily lives. Knowledge about history improves cultural understanding, and basic maths skills help people keep their finances in order and English courses teach students how to read, understand and analyse written material, which is a crucial skill for nearly all modern jobs of today.

• Yes, but it could be better.

School obviously is important, but it should be based on what the child wishes to learn about, instead of someone else saying what you have to do. What I am talking about, is democratic education. Democratic education is not only a better alternative to the current system we have, but the student is engaged with their work and what they wish to learn about. Examples of it in practice is Summerhill School in Suffolk in England.

• Up To A Certain Point

There comes a time where further education is not necessary and instead becomes an economic and social burden. Some students excel in artistic jobs that need no further nurturing by betters and instead best results form one's own freedom; there would be no use for them to carry on to say, sixth form and do other subjects that will have no effect on their future. Also it frees up the resources for those who use them to their full potential. There's no point giving a sculptor lessons on how to dissect animals as it is hardly coherent to their field of interest. However, the basics need to be taught as withy the basics you have no foundation to build upon and in this regard schools are absolutely essential.

• Of course it is

I believe the bill gates steve jobs argument is full of holes. Yes their may be a number of people (a small number i might add) that had success without going to school. But im willing to bet those kids had an intellectual upbringing of some sort. Also bill gates did go to school and it was their that he first had experience with a computer. And I dunno much about steve jobs but i do know he got a lucky break working for hewitt-packard. Being successful comes down to luck/opportunity, social skills, and at least some knowledge. The latter two both being something that one can get in school. Education is key. When it comes to just about every aspect of life, having knowledge helps

• They were lucky

School teaches people how to not only learn how to do your job in the future but also social skills when they are still young. The people that are successful without school were just lucky in a little 1 in a million chance. I'd rather not take those odds and stick with a smarter game plan.

• More and more so in today's society.

We live in an increasingly technical and specified society, where the job market no longer allows for unskilled, uneducated laborers to do well. The number one determinant of whether or not a person lives below the poverty line is EDUCATION. Those without a high school diploma are statistically most likely to be extremely poor and/or unemployed. Those with a high school diploma only are statistically most likely to be poor and/or employed in menial, low-paying jobs. Those with college degrees make 40% more over their lifetimes than those without, and have much lower levels of poverty.
    To suggest school isn't important today is just plain ignorant.

• A TALENT is born but a GENIUS is made.

First of all not everyone is born like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs .Every common man creates his own destiny which requires knowledge, indeed imparted by schools. Also not only does school provide knowledge but also the skills, exposure and aptitude necessary for any kind of job or even professional interviews.

• No, it's really not

What's important is not education, what's important is to have a good eye for business. That's what got Bill Gates and Steve Jobs to the top. If school was really important, they wouldn't have even done anything in life. And their stories are not unique. There are lots of people in the world who have succeeded without a college degree or even a high school diploma.

• Education is important

But there are many other ways to get an education without attending school. Some of the worlds most amazing and successful people never attended school.

Kids who are home educated get the same chances at careers and life even though many have never set foot in a classroom in their lives.

• Is school important?

I think not because even though school has some important factors it ultimately teaches kids that mistakes cause you to be punished and to be scared to mess up and at the same time mistakes are okay. Does that make any sense? No, it doesn't. It also stresses me and my classmates out so much to a point where we have panic attacks thinking that we might've gotten it wrong. We aren't taught about taxes or how to pay them yet we're taught that mitochondria is the power house of the cell.

• Is school important?

• Not at all.

Learning is important not school. School doesn't make us learn it makes us memorize. Schools are way too outdated. Schools focus things not necessary for all. I believe without schools human would have more time to Focus on a subject of their choice. In 12 years school may teach us nothing useful but in 12 years I can master a particular subject.

• You don't need school to be successful

You don't need to attend school to get an education, people can educate themselves and people can educate themselves in different ways or in schools that are actually for the job they want to become in the future.
    I want to become an actor.... My school doesn't teach acting, so I go to acting school as well as normal school.
    All school does is teach you some bullsh*t olden days crap like come on It's 2017 not 1920.
    People should be able to pick what they want to do in their life and be able to start going to schools for that job at a young age.

• School is important only to a certain extent

Higher school and college education is not for everyone, people already have their ambitions set and sometimes that ambition only requires a little schooling. Their are so many ways school can improve to make it useful even for those who don't need the higher educations. Again, it all depends on the field you desire. If you want to be a doctor you are literally required to go to school. However if you want to open up your own business, you don't need a high school diploma for that

• A lot of stress for nothing in the end

Over 14 or more years in school, stress is inevitable. Whether it be stressing over a test, homework, or pressure from parents or teachers in the end somethings we learn in school aren't useful in life and all that stress over school was all for nothing. I mean, how many people can remember exactly what they learned in 8th grade science class.

• Education is important, but education from regular schools is not handy in our lives.

I know education can get you a cool job or something like that, but algebra and science? Unless you want to be a scientist or something, algebra and science only come to use... When... Hardly. Also, of course I know math is handy in change at shopping or adding up the total sum if you're buying a lot of stuff, but my friends always use the calculator app on their phones. It's just that, school's education, now in the 21st century that is, is really useless. Of course, if you go to a sudbury or montessory which are schools where a 5 year-old can control his education, how much he wants to learn, his learning style and whatever, he might (probably) be intelligent than other kids which are adults by that time in the future.

• It gets in the way of life

The only thing school has done to me is to get in the way of my spare time projects. I can not even work on projects relevant to the school subject. Not even in Arts and Crafts. There is even homework, so a lot of my spare time is used on school. A lot of the subjects are completely useless in the workplace. The only important subject is Physical Education.