• School is important

Without school I would not be able to debate this topic through typing nor would anyone else. Either because we wouldn't now how to spell ,or use proper grammar and we wouldn't have punctuation either. Witch would make all of the comments on this topic nonexistent and that is why i think school is important.

• Its very important

Helps you not to be a bad person, helps you with getting a job, a education. It will make good choices and know right from wrong. Helps with skills, exposure, and your behavior. It even helps you with sports, art, music, acting, and also helps you fix computers and other technology.

• Yes school is very important.

Sure it's really not that exciting, but really it's necessary. And I'm not even talking about math or science; but also art and music. School doesn't just teach you algebra and geography. And really if you want to become something useful in life like a doctor, you'll need several YEARS of schooling.

• Yes to quite an extent

Most of us agree that education isn’t just a necessity; it should be one of the building blocks of life needed to grow up and therefore achieve a well-rounded knowledge.
    It teaches more than the basics for life, so it is more easier to learn equality and social skills in life than to also achieve goals in life, and to have a happy and stable’ life than an uneducated individual. Education is also very important if you want to be a self-dependent individual. It not only helps you become financially independent but also makes you wiser so that you can make your own decisions.
    The knowledge learned in school plays a major role in peoples’ daily lives. Knowledge about history improves cultural understanding, and basic maths skills help people keep their finances in order and English courses teach students how to read, understand and analyse written material, which is a crucial skill for nearly all modern jobs of today.

• Yes, but it could be better.

School obviously is important, but it should be based on what the child wishes to learn about, instead of someone else saying what you have to do. What I am talking about, is democratic education. Democratic education is not only a better alternative to the current system we have, but the student is engaged with their work and what they wish to learn about. Examples of it in practice is Summerhill School in Suffolk in England.

• Up To A Certain Point

There comes a time where further education is not necessary and instead becomes an economic and social burden. Some students excel in artistic jobs that need no further nurturing by betters and instead best results form one's own freedom; there would be no use for them to carry on to say, sixth form and do other subjects that will have no effect on their future. Also it frees up the resources for those who use them to their full potential. There's no point giving a sculptor lessons on how to dissect animals as it is hardly coherent to their field of interest. However, the basics need to be taught as withy the basics you have no foundation to build upon and in this regard schools are absolutely essential.

• Of course it is

I believe the bill gates steve jobs argument is full of holes. Yes their may be a number of people (a small number i might add) that had success without going to school. But im willing to bet those kids had an intellectual upbringing of some sort. Also bill gates did go to school and it was their that he first had experience with a computer. And I dunno much about steve jobs but i do know he got a lucky break working for hewitt-packard. Being successful comes down to luck/opportunity, social skills, and at least some knowledge. The latter two both being something that one can get in school. Education is key. When it comes to just about every aspect of life, having knowledge helps

• They were lucky

School teaches people how to not only learn how to do your job in the future but also social skills when they are still young. The people that are successful without school were just lucky in a little 1 in a million chance. I'd rather not take those odds and stick with a smarter game plan.

• More and more so in today's society.

We live in an increasingly technical and specified society, where the job market no longer allows for unskilled, uneducated laborers to do well. The number one determinant of whether or not a person lives below the poverty line is EDUCATION. Those without a high school diploma are statistically most likely to be extremely poor and/or unemployed. Those with a high school diploma only are statistically most likely to be poor and/or employed in menial, low-paying jobs. Those with college degrees make 40% more over their lifetimes than those without, and have much lower levels of poverty.
    To suggest school isn't important today is just plain ignorant.

• A TALENT is born but a GENIUS is made.

First of all not everyone is born like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs .Every common man creates his own destiny which requires knowledge, indeed imparted by schools. Also not only does school provide knowledge but also the skills, exposure and aptitude necessary for any kind of job or even professional interviews.

• No, it's really not

What's important is not education, what's important is to have a good eye for business. That's what got Bill Gates and Steve Jobs to the top. If school was really important, they wouldn't have even done anything in life. And their stories are not unique. There are lots of people in the world who have succeeded without a college degree or even a high school diploma.

• Education is important

But there are many other ways to get an education without attending school. Some of the worlds most amazing and successful people never attended school.

Kids who are home educated get the same chances at careers and life even though many have never set foot in a classroom in their lives.

• I don't think

School is important because who needs to know the elements panther periodic table and the diameter of a circle. You shouldn't need to know this stuff unless if that's what you want to pursue in a career. Because they want to teach us about the immigrants from the 1900's but not our laws or what our rights are.

• Useless Work Continuously

When I was in school i learned everything I could, but in the end all I got out of school after 7th grade was students making fun of each other and the dissatisfaction with the thought that I just wasted 5 years of my life learning something I'll never use more than once if at all.

• Learning is, but school is terrible

The environment of schools, both public and private, are toxic to the development of a young person's attitude towards learning. As a high schooler, school makes me feel worthless, depressed, and like my efforts aren't going to pay off. Nothing I learn in school is really useful, and I'm not getting to learn or discover things that truly interest me. The entire school system is messed up--grades and expectations are way too stressful, and they take the focus away from working to learn to working to get a good grade. It sucks. When I learn on my own, I'm able to envision myself using my interests later on in life (foreign language for example), and I am more motivated to learn things for myself. School also is detrimental to my mental and physical health. I cry every night doing homework, and I get an average of 4-5 hours of sleep every night. Learning is super crucial to one's future and happiness, but the schooling system needs some reformation.

• School is not importint because it is boring for kids

I hate school because kids dont learn they dont lissen . School should only be fun not learning about stuf . The kids should pick what they want to do . Kids should have fun!!!!! Make FRENDS!!!!! .At least have more play time and less WORK!!! Easer work .!! It will be more FUN!

• Absolutely utter rubbish!

School is crap. They teach you stuff you won't need in later life. Like how will 100 + 2098 help? Or complex sentences? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of my classmates are jerks and dorks. And the worst of the worst is the FOOD! It makes me feel sick and you won't want to know some weird stuuf on the menu.

• Absolutely utter rubbish!

• Don't need school

People have the right to choose what they do and they wont do thing that people tell them at school as much and so they should just get a bloody job and earn money and that is why school in not important what so ever any more than it used to be.

• School isn't really important

They teach you pointless concepts about history and other"felds" that have no relevance to actually being successful in life and they just keep stretching it out till the student such as me are so uninterested about it that we never want to be reminded about it because it reminds us about all the tough times we had in our school. Also because of the disrespectful kids who have nothing better to do then fight with everyone and talk down to you.