• You misspelled 'necessary'....

You own incompetent spelling serves as enough of a reason for why school is necessary.... I mean you completely botched the word to, it wasn't just one wrong letter. Thank you though for being the poster-child of why we do need school though, it makes my job a LOT easier....

• School Is Essential to the American Dream

Today, education is crucial to succeeding in the world. It's growing more and more difficult to succeed without a college degree, and any success is almost unheard of without a high school diploma. The world is only going to continue to be more educated, and if not everyone has an equal chance to obtain an education, it will be impossible for the poor, who are already at a disadvantage, to have upwards mobility. If school wasn't mandatory, the poor would generally drop out earlier for various reasons (e.G. Working to support family). This would lead to a general decline in the literacy of urban youth, and hinder their ability to compete with children from better off families.

• No but yes at the same time

Let me explain, school itself isn't necessary. The stuff we learn is not necessary, however the fact that you make it all the way through the difficult levels of school is necessary, because it shows that a person is dedicated and has the ability to learn. 75% of things learned at school are not necessary, however it is important for colleges and jobs to be able to see that you where able to deal with these 75% well and have the ability to work with these difficult topics. So the stuff we learn isn't necessary, but the fact that we learn it is. Kind of confusing yes, but that's just how I feel.

• Necessary, but not mandatory

The freedom of education is a public necessity. Needless to say, it should be severely reformed- for I feel that it doesn't adequately equip students for the future. It shouldn't, however, be forced upon the populous as mandatory. Both state-funded schools and privately owned schools should always remain an optional alternative to the workforce.

• Better education Program

Yes education is the key to succeding in life. Knowledge is power.Why would get rid of education. Poor education programs does not mean you should get rid of education as whole. Developing a better education program is what is needed. Maybe paying the teachers more money and they would care more and take more time out to make sure your child is learning.

• School is necessary

You might be thinking is school really necessary? In my opinion school is necessary! I think that because if we did not have school we would not have doctors or dentist or lots of other things that we as people need to have in order to live our lives. We would not know how to hunt or find food, which would bring us to starvation. Our population of humans would go down.
    Humans would probably be extinct or almost to that point. Children would not get the opportunity to experience learning or even adults. I think that school involves learning behavior from others and if we did not have that opportunity to learn what is right or not. There would defiantly be a lot of bad people in this world
    I think that lots of people would be scared. People would become lazy and not even bother to get up if something happens, which would bring us to Albert Einstein. If he had become lazy before all of his inventions we would not get to see all of these new things in our world, like cell phones, laptops, computer’s or even iPod’s or TV. We would not be able to communicate to each other.
    School is a means to educate yourself in order to establish a good solid career so you can take care of yourself. It is very important!! You may think that most of what you are learning is garbage right now but it isn't. You need to exercise and expand the mind and teach it new things so you may better learn in the future.
    Your brain is growing more and more every day. It is very important that you keep it healthy and give it good education. Think of it as giving it food. You are growing your adult brain a little bit every day teaching it new things.

• Idk h h

Sym yhyg b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bv b b b

• Unfortunately, school is necessary.

I'm a senior in high school and I hate it. 80% of the stuff we learn we will never use in life. School acts more as a day care than a learning experience. Most of the kids here smoke weed, drink alcohol, and cause tons of trouble. Teachers don't care. My US GOV teacher sits at his desk on Facebook and puts us to do book work every day. And he has a student grade the work for extra credit ... And don't get me started on state tests. Not only do we have to get 24 credits to graduate, we must also pass 2 state mandated tests that are extremely difficult. School is a pain in the ass and I can't wait for graduation but Unfortunately it is required to be successful.

• ----- -- --

-------- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - -- - -- - - - -- - - - -

• ----- -- --

• No life skills!

Ok just because we learn addition and that does not mean we have REAL life skills like hunting or plating a garden! Yeah we need to know how to do math but will it kill them to teach us better life skills like thos! NO I DONT THINK SO! Pls

• Part of the abortionist agenda.

School is just so that we can FORCE children to learn about s*x. Then, when children get pregnant, abortion doctors kill the babies with our tax dollars and laugh maniacally as they rich children out of the womb! It all adds up. You might pretend that you don't know, but deep down, you know this in your heart to be true!

• School is dumb

School teaches you the non-necessary skills of life. If a person learns how to pay their bills and everything clean a house etc... And be able to work in the farming industry then you will be able to make it in life. You will have food and money. Look at the people in our past, most of the people back in the day didn't ever go to school a day in their entire life and they we're still able to provide the necessities for their family. School is absolutely the stupidest thing in the world, just another way for the government to collect a pay check.

• I learnt more from home then school

Before attending school, I eventually learnt how to read and write from trial and error. Since then I've loved to read books and was more informed on things I was supposed to learn that year then the rest of my year. Even now I still excel in things that I'm required to learn in the future but not now. The only thing that drags me down is the fact I dislike schools. Imagine this: You're attacked on the street but you're too shocked to scream and before you know it stolen one of tour belongings, what do you do? Oh yes, clearly in this situation Math will help you or even telling your teacher after the event has occured. How many schools teach that things are not very friendly after you'ce graduated?

• Read This Article
    This article sums up why the school system is so messed up. It shows that the school system is a ancient tradition that has yet to adjust to the changes of the last few CENTURIES. We need to have the schools totally demolished, reasses what kids actually need (not homework!, and rebuild a better system
    This is the start of the future.

• Education is not school

Education is important and children can learn outside of school. Parents should allow time for a child to get curious, that's when a child may discover their love for video games goes beyond leisure and enters the technical aspects, or a love for building blocks can be developed into a love for architecture. Oprah, Steve Jobs, Spielberg, and many others never graduated from a higher learning institution but Oprah's love for people developed into the ability to help people. " If you don't follow our dreams someone else will hire you to follow theirs." People learn more through real life than they do cramming for standardized tests.

• You're not going to die if you don't go to school

Not going to school is definitely not recommended. Humans lived for hundreds and thousands of years without school but we survived. In society at our present day, school is becoming a major, major part of our life. If you don't go to school at 1000 BC you're just an everyday hunter / hutwife, but now, you become a under-qualified beggar.

• You can do the same at home in half the time!

I am currently in middle school, not sure about high school, but everything I've ever learned in shook I can learn the same if not better online or on YouTube. I can even learn everything in about a quarter of the time. All school gives you is a lesson plan.

• Does Not teach you how to succeed in life

We go to school for about 7 hours. We wake up early in the morning and go to school to learn about things that will not always help later in life. They do not teach how to get a job or how to get car insurance. They do not teach you how to manage money nor how to spend your money correct. I do not see how knowing what happened during the cold war will help me find a place to live or when will solving for x help me . Okay maybe some of the classes we take will help for our jobs we want but sitting down for an hour getting our brains brainwashed about politics . In history we see the American side of everything . What about everyone else's facts.?

• In what school do they teach life lessons?

They literally do it no where its insane if i ask a teacher,how do i clean my room. WTF are they gonna say, put stuff where it goes. Like for real your most likely a single adult with 40 cats u over weight loser stop being a teacher and do something with your life.

Buckethead31594 says2014-01-07T01:55:50.737
Someone wasn't happy to go back to school today...