• School is needed but improvements needed

School is important for one thing i don't want a bunch of unintelligent people around and that what we really need isn't homework but we need school to change and show us the real world that lies ahead not what we could know. School provides many choices, but right now it needs to improve heavily but slowly, it needs to adapt and show and teach us students Finance, Diplomatic relations and HOW to learn from mistakes and grow from it instead of greiving about it. Other than that school needs to be in place otherwise we wouldn't be talking but we'd be beating each other up like barbarians

• School is Worth the Education but Not Worth The Stress

School teaches you essental things you need to know. But sometimes, teachers put excessive pressure on us students. You go to school to learn, not to be stressed to the bone. School should be an opportunity to learn, but not to be stressed all the time. School is worth it, but teachers need to loosen up and not stress students out so much with excessive tests and loads of homework.

• Sure, teach us the "basics of life"...

Then afterwards, let us choose what we wish to learn when we say we are ready, regardless of whether we are ACTUALLY ready or not, because we asked for it, and really, does anyone ever ACTUALLY know when they are "completely prepared" or are we only ever assuming things... But yeah, opinion is great...

• You want a good job go to school want to work at McDonald's stay home and play COD

It just makes sens to go to school. Because all though it always comes down to death make the most of your life and have fun. But to have you're going to probably some money to spend, and a minimum wage job doesn't give you enough income to have extra money to spend on what you want.

• School is really worth it

School is really a good place to learn because if we didn't have school then we would be dummies. I agree with children that think school is boring because who wants to learn about science, social studies, or comm arts. Overall school is good because it helps you get the job you want. It also helps you be more educated and learn how to do math, read, and write.

• Yes. Education is always worth it!

Yes. School is always worth the investment. In fact, people with a higher education typically earn way more than someone without an education. Although graduating from a particular school doesn't guarantee success, it certainly makes getting a better job a lot easier than it would be to attain the same job without the education.

• School is a great opportunity for education

Although school takes much time and effort to complete, the end result is almost always worth it as long as the education being received can be used practically. Even if the education serves no purpose, it is a very good thing to have members of society educated in broad things like history, science, and English.

• Learning same things

We learn nothing all we learn is things we already know we need to learn thing that help us like taxes but all we learn is calculus we learn nothing about life we need education not math we don,t need math that,s what calculators are for we need to learn!

• Stress is depressing

So basically since we were young we knew that education and school was a big part of your life, see school teaches a lot but to be honest we just need basics, and i know a lot of people hate history but we need it to learn from our mistakes. We need basic math and science and a we need health class. School does not counter in stress at all. Rigorous testing does not educate us, and when you go home knowing you have bad grades and you know that you made your parents disappointed it hurts and it stresses you out, plus some parents punish their kids physically when they dont have bad grades.

Posted by: JDF
  • Most of it is a waste of time

I mean.. Sure.. It teaches us some things we need but... For example...
    I want to be a programmer... And for that i most likely need these things
    *Basic math (Yes)
    *English (yes)
    *Programming skill (no)
    *Art skill (barely)

And this is what i get
    *Alot of Math (most of it is useless)
    *Biology (maybe a little bit.. But most likely useless)
    *Art stuff ( i most likely need it to make game sprites.. AND I LIKE IT)
    *Dutch/Netherlands (where i live.. Useful to learn most of it...)
    *Science (kinda fun but... Mostly useless... EH)
    *History (wont need it... Outside of school i have never heard anyone talk about it yet)
    *Dutch2 (idk how to say that in English but.. Seriously.. Its almost the same as Dutch...)
    *French ( ... Really? Tell me when I need it bro )
    *other stuff (its like that because it simply doesn't matter)

in other words.. School has brought me these things
    (Positive = P, Negative = N)
    Math for basic programming = P
    English.. Well nothing new I already knew that before school = P?
    Stress = N
    Average of 5 hours sleep = N
    Almost no free time = N
    Losing every argument with school even though I'm right = N
    and... Well I guess... Just alot of terrible memories = N
    (P = 2, N = 5)
    in my opinion it should be a bit more flexible with what the STUDENTS want... And not just what adults THINK is the best thing for us... But.. I already know its not going to happen no matter what we do... The only possible good outcome is literally everyone quitting school until they change it... But... Its never going to happen...
    But.. For now... I will just stay DETERMINED to get trough the special hell for teens.. Also.. I have about 5-6 tests to study for so... I'm pretty screwed.. Adios

• Well not really

Well I mean, basic stuff like basic math is needed, but we seriously don't need to know everything about what happened 1000+ years ago... I would love if we could choose what we want to learn and what we don't, for example I wanna learn programming but I can't since I need to learn about complex math and useless history.(Currently learning programming through online tutorials)

• School lacks creativity doesnt teach what you need to be successful

School is a big machine that takes people and makes people less creative and doesnt teach people how to go the long way that is success and having a life of financially free people not worrying about debt, and being a complete boring, average person with debt and financial insecurity.

• They teach things that are not important

They teach you things that you are gonna learn in college
    for example in math they teach you fractions and you don't need that for the future i think the people that create schools they said that if you don't study you can't go to college for free because they knew that school is stupid and not worth it.

• It helps in very little areas

It's true that it helps in some areas but overall, it's not needed. Most suicides are because of something that's happening at school. I would know, I tried once because of how stressful school was getting. Not to mention that half the thing's we learn in school isn't needed for most professions people intend to take. We should ask what they want to learn and have them take the classes needed to make that dream reachable. Another thing is that most school's make kids wake up at 6 to 7 in the morning and have them come to school. And when most teens have some kind of problem (insomnia for example), school just make's it worse on them for having to wake up so early. If we could wake up just later at about 10 or 11 than most people would be better at school and work just a bit harder at school. In conclusion, I think they should change the school system around some and it would be worth going to a bit more.

• The stress and anxiety is not worth it

I felt like as soon as I got into grade 11 that is when my anxiety and stress level went through the roof. I am a good student. I also got almost all A's and always held a good ranking in my class but my mental health was at it's lowest point. I have never wanted to drop out of school. It got so bad to where I was beginning to be okay with working at a restaurant for a good part of my life. I don't think school is worth the stress at all.

• Not its not.

As a student at the start of year 11, all that I can say school has given me is useless knowledge about the decay of radioactive material, a whole lot of sleepless nights, depression and almost no happiness at any point. The only good thing about school for me is seeing my friends. Thank school for increasing the teen suicide rate👍

• School is a waste

School is a waste. I mean yes, some parts of school you will need. Like basic math, and basic english. But I don't really understand why you need to know what happened in the Cold War. Or what is in space. School is mandatory until the end of elementary school. Even on top of all this, kids are bullied, given a load of homework AFTER 8 HOURS of continuous study, stress, and much more. I have a lot more to say, but I have 2 tests to study for. Adios!