• School uniforms are excellent

School uniforms add a bit of discipline at school. Kids tend to have better behavior and take school more seriously when uniforms are worn. A study by the Yakima Valley School District in Washington state, found grades went up (which they expected) but also suspensions for bullying declined and attendance went up. Long Beach Unified School District in California, found graduation rates rose. In several poverty stricken urban areas, in several states, schools and parents reported success because the "need" for the child to wear the latest and best clothes and shoes, was not present. In these districts though, it may be necessary to subsidize the purchase of the uniform for many parents.
    Uniforms, statistics have shown time and time again, increase student academic achievement and decrease the violence and aggression found in some schools.

As long as parents unable to afford uniforms are able to receive at least 2 (one to be worn while the other washed), uniforms are a benefit to the students, parents and teachers.

• Uniforms are amazing

I had a uniform at my old school and I can honestly say I miss it with my whole heart. It was so easy in the morning because you didn't have to think about what you were going to wear. Also, our uniform was pretty relaxed so you could wear tennis shoes and whatever color socks. You never had to worry about sending something to be dry cleaned or ironed either. I am in full support of having a uniform and I wish my new school had one.

• Some wear as fashion

In Japan, there used to be an anti-uniform stance. Now its considered a fashion statement. People actually want to wear uniforms. Many students choose which school to attend by how cute or awesome the uniform is, leading schools to compete in dress. Uniforms also identify with group. People will be more behaved when they can be easily singled out by their dress. I imagine that will happen here too.

• Qsfcsdfsdf dsf sdf

DsfdsfdssssssWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZIGZAGWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwWWWWWWW WWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWW W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W AWM DMNAS DSA DNMS A DNM SAM SmanmnNMN NMAS MNas mn 8 asd SAD AS( ASD S sD %

• Its super gay

School uniforms r gay and ruins indivliality so yeah school uniforms are gaaaaaay and stuped and i hate my district 4 alowing gay ass uniforms uniforms ruin school and there gay and stuped and a waste of money and i makes u luk rearded and weird hats all folks ding

• No, schools use them as a way to make money

Uniforms don,t affect education and so there is no point in wearing them. Also they give children less individuality. Although not having uniforms would be disadvantage some students, it is more important to give students a sense of freedom and individuality. Schools use uniforms as a way to make money by forcing students to buy them.

• I hate the idea of uniforms

I'm in high school myself, and I'm glad I have the ability to wear what I want (Within school dress code of course). My friend goes to a uniform school, and in all honesty, her school is worse than mine when it comes to discipline. That may be because of the area we're in, but there will always be factors like that, even in the study SlientMouse on the opposing side referred to. Uniforms are stuffy, uncomfortable, and just look stupid, not to mention they're pricey. There's no room for expression, which should be a basic human right, even for kids and teenagers.

• It's not free

It removes any freedom of expression. Besides, inequality will still occur through richer kids buying better uniforms and better shoes (especially the shoes).

Also, if parents and children think there is a need to wear the best clothes then they are complete idiots and just sheep enslaved by consumerism. Thank you.