• ᏚᏟᏆ FᏆ ᏙᏚ FᎪNᎢᎪᏚY, ᎾᏴᏙᏆᎾᏌᏚᏞY ᏚᏟᏆ FᏆ

Most readers assume Science Fiction is dull and mediocre with nothing interesting worth reading. However it is my position that Science Fiction is better than Fantasy. If you are like me, someone who enjoys, technology, space, aliens, or even anything that follows some realistic rules, then this genre is for you.

Although I personally agree Science Fiction is better than Fantasy, Fantasy is still a superb genre. It promotes escapism and allows our imagination to overflow. Children are fascinated with them because, everything is possible, it is easy to understand, and mostly because it is always a happy ending. In addition, the genre Fantasy includes many significant life lessons. However it is not always the best to fool readers with talking animals or even magical objects. This may cause some readers into thinking they are real. For example, the book, " The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe " is a spectacular book, however it includes talking creatures, magical objects, and unbelievable scenes.

This means I will stay with my thought that Science Fiction is better than Fantasy. In fact Science Fiction excels, because not only does Science Fiction teach us about realistic components, the main purpose of Science Fiction is to ameliorate our thinking skills. Science Fiction allows us to wonder about future technology, other planets, and even aliens. It broadens our mind and enriches our perspectives. In addition very many well-known books, and movies fall under this genre, Science Fiction, such as, "Boy Idenity", "Star Wars", "The Giver", "Divergent", "Marvel", and many more. This proves Science Fiction can just be as interesting as Fantasy, sometimes even more.

• Sci-Fi is based upon things that could scientifically actually happen.

Yes, Sci-Fi is most definitely better than Fantasy as Sci-Fi is based on science or radical science theories whereas fantasy is just that, fantasy. Some of the best Sci-Fi authors and movie producers are some of the greatest minds on earth today. Any 5 year old could write a fantasy novel, not true with Sci-Fi.

• Yes, Sic-Fe is better than Fantasy.

Sic-Fe allows for a broader range of choices and topics. Sic-if can also encompass many of the same aspects of fantasy, but allow them to be more extravagant. The choices for everything from locations to weapons to species can be made more outlandish simply because you can throw them on a new planet or another dimension.

• Yes. Personal opinion only.

Like science fiction because there is less emotion to it. Of course emotion is essential to any good piece work, but fantasy just takes it over too often. Also, science fiction is just that much more awesome. It's based on (at least in part) on stuff we already know about, like science, and the known unknown (as in we know we have a universe but we don't know much about it, but we don't know that we have magic at all). And I would like to be a Jedi more than a Mage just because.

• Yes, but I do love Fantasy too

In my opinion Sci-Fi has a far larger scope than Fantasy; Sci-Fi literally has no bounds! Fantasy seems to often reuse older ideas created by others and when a new, completely fresh idea comes along that, too is inevitably taken and used elsewhere. While I agree that this must happen with Sci-Fi too, it is so broad a topic that the creator can make anything he wants!! But yes, I do love Fantasy too; the incredibly detailed worlds rival, or even surpass, many of those created in Sci-Fi.

• Fantasy can include elements of Science Fiction

I've debated with myself quite a bit over the topic and finally come to the conclusion that fantasy can still include elements of Science Fiction. Although it may take away from some of the scientific aspect, it still can have aliens, spaceships, and technology. It just presents it in a simpler and more fun way to understand

• ᏚᏟᏆ FᏆ ᏙᏚ FᎪNᎢᎪᏚY, ᎾᏴᏙᏆᎾᏌᏚᏞY ᏚᏟᏆ FᏆ

• Sf comes from fantasy.

Fantasy is imagination. SF can be as boring as ones imagination allows it to be. Asimov is a type example of a limited imagination, although rich inside its context. It's squares in the square holes, round in the round holes. But Fantasy goes beyond it, and explores all of ones imagination, depending on the writers interests and capabilities. *IF Asimov was SF then Einstein and QM is fantasy, in the ways it enables paradoxes as time dilations, Lorentz contractions. Entanglements, super positions etc etc. The good SF are as close to fantasy as fantasy itself to me.