• Yes, science is a threat.

I strongly agree. Our lives are in danger because bombs are made to blast thousands or millions of people. New guns are made for robbery. People are rebelling against their own blood, and it's not fair. This all is done by the cruel advancement of science. Can you believe science has increased the capability of men to kill each other?

• Where will it stop?

Although I understand the view that science has brought us many benefits, I think people often forget its consequences. It has enabled countries to create terrifying Weapons of Mass Destruction, has caused numerous ethical questions to be raised and is a constant threat to humanity with the danger that it may never stop, and we will become our own worst enemy. Even some of science's greatest achievements like the discovery of antibiotics has caused massive implications through the uncontrollable population increase. For these reasons and many more I think scientists should be very careful about how far they go to improve society as it could in fact turn into a serious threat to humanity.

• Science makes human beings lazier in life.

Yes, I agree that science did made our life easier but we cant deny the impact that bring to human beings, that we become lazier nowadays. People nowadays are too dependent on the invention of science. Thanks to science that we cannot even do simple jobs like wash our own clothes. Washing machine has taken over the job for us. My dear opponent, can you imagine if electricity cut down, who's going to do the job for you? Only you, yourself! So stop rely too much on science to do your job and make your life meaningless. Moreover, nowadays people tends to drive to the gym just to walk on the treadmills! How ironic!

• science is always a threat to humanity.

we may be living in a modern world with the influence of science however does it makes any difference? many people are still suffering the effect of science. The floods, global warming and etc. Science may help us, but the total destruction it causes us is just one-fourth of the benefits it give us.

• Yes, I think science is a threat to humanity

It's true we owe a lot to science, all the convenience and creature comforts we enjoy on earth wouldn't have been possible without advances in science. The downside is that all this technology can and will be used against us. Look at the atomic bomb, with the destruction it caused and that was almost seventy years ago. The weapons we have now, would make the atomic bomb look like a firecracker. Then you have people who get greedy for profits and use technology for their own benefit; not worrying about the welfare of anyone or anything else. As much as I would like to say no, as long as we have a world full of greedy people in power, who are only thinking about the next big payday; science will always be a threat.

• Science is dangerous

Well,nowadays,people think science bring us much convenience,so they
    regard science as good thing,however,the convenience from the computer just push people to non—thinking animals,which is the most dangerous. Before science borned,could we cant deal with the life,no,we just make best use of everything to keep ourselves to live,that is just the most important thing of human

• Science is really a thread

Due to new discovery we have lost our nature and heritage. Present world faces many problems due to this new invention . New disease are now evolved where finding finding medicines is present work . Thus this science creates new new problems . So it is 100 percent threat to life

• Edward teller, father of the H-bomb

Was a brilliant scientist and has made many contributions to the field of physics. But let's consider his nickname for a moment. This guy was part of the Manhattan project and is often called "father of the hydrogen bomb". Science is not evil, science can be a threat in times of war. Good people, good scientists can be used to create pure "evil". It feels bad to put such an almost banal word on it, things are not evil of themselves, I suppose. Let's consider something that can wipe peoples away with one click. Okay, that's starting to sound a wee bit evil, innit? So evil is something that can be scientifically contrsucted, one might arguen, well then if people are the creators of science, we should also think about the consequences. Do we have a duty to protect ourselves and each other from science, I daresay yes, but that's another debate. Yes science can be used to aid mankind, but if that means that every 100 good solutions yield one destructive tool. We have to reconsider, is that a price we really want to pay? I personally wouldn't, or I might, I don't really know because I'm an aspiring scientist in an between-wars era. I guess I will know when it'll get nearly too late to save it...

• Science makes us aware from the upcoming disasters.

It is true that it is because of the advancement of science that leads to global warming a,we cannot deny the fact that it is due to the advancing science we get beforehand news of the upcoming natural disasters.For example It is due to the advancing science that we came to know about the cyclone "hudhud" and the inhabitants of Visakhapatnam were safely evacuated which otherwise might have caused massive destruction.

• Science is a disaster

Humans by nature is selfish. We want more and the easy way to obtain it is through science and technology. However, we constantly forget that there is a price to pay for such conveniece we recieve. We harm the environment, we harm ourselves and this may lead to our end. Therefore, I belive that science is the root of all evil and it threatens humanity.

• No, science helps humanity

Science helps humanity because it is how we heat our homes up, how we keep our food fresh. Science is how we know the world around us. Science is also even a solution to things like global warming. Science does not pose a threat to humanity unless it is misused or used irresponsibly.

• Is Mcdonalds a threat?

No of course science is not a threat to humanity. This would be in comparison to the calorie count in a Mcdonald's menu. Everything in moderation, how can science be blamed for the mistakes of humanity, like spoken previously it is merely a tool that we use. Yes in some cases it is used for destructive purposes, although it is often confused with the wrongful intentions of a human. How can it be so different to a caveman killing another with a much simpler tool? They both had the wrongful intention. Yes we would be in a very different place today without science. Although without the knowledge of say bacteria, who knows, without it you could've died from a spread of e.Coli simply by not washing your hands.

• SCIENCE is not a threat to HUMANITY

Science has made different destructive weapon but does the word ''DESTRUCTIVE'' would be right because weapon like pistols , guns can
    be used for self defence nowadays every one should have guns or small pistols to carry because of kidnapping , robbery , etc .
    We can use science weapons in good ways all the workings women would get help from the new science technology like washing machines , microwaves etc instead of making any one lazy it will help to save their time and their different things which helps to save our time , then to make us lazy like cars , railway trains , mobile phones etc.

• SCIENCE is not a threat to HUMANITY

• No, science is a benefit for humanity

I do not believe that science is a threat to humanity, but rather one of humanity's greatest allies. There are many great inventions and advancements that we have made that would not have been remotely possible without science. Science is one of the few tools we have that can affect significant positive change on the world.

• No science is not a threat to humanity

No, I do not think that science is a threat to humanity. Humanity has to thank science for all that it has done for people. Finding cures for diseases, man walking on the moon, learning new things with technology all help humankind and doesn't hinder at all on our humanity or wellbeing.

• No, humanity owes virtually everything to science.

Science doesn't threaten anything any more than a knife lying on a table. People and our flaws are what threatens us and the only reason we are threatened is because we have so much to lose. We have used science to create communication devices that prevent massive losses of life. We have used science to begin to explore space, which we must some day colonize if we hope to out live our planet.

• Science is not the threat!!!

Science is not the the treat because it help us in aspects of life. Tell us how to live and make us able talk to our family members, friends and relatives through internet. Except this there are many other factors those support this point that science is not the threat.

• Science saves lives

Science saves lives every single day. A few years ago, we wouldn't have a defibrilator, so someone having a heart attack would be long gone. People with cancer would have no chemotherapy, and they probably wouldn't even know that they had cancer. They would just die, and wouldn't get the chnace to grow up.

• Humans are the problem, not science

As stated, I believe that the problem is humans and not scientific advancements or discovery. Some may argue that we use science to kill millions. Yes, they are right. However, note how it is HUMANS that are using science to kill. Science by itself is harmless, it is the manner in which we choose to apply it that can be harmful. However, science can also be a tool for good, to cure diseases and create wonderful new technologies. As for science facilitating life to the point where we are lazy, that is our decision to do nothing, not science's. To conclude, I believe that science is human curiosity put to work, pushing the boundaries of what we understand. It is explaining the inconceivable, devising the impossible. I find it inexplicably exciting and unmatched in terms of social and technological advancement. If we allow it, science will help us build the future and do the impossible.

Anonymous says2013-02-24T14:39:33.410
I agree that Science does not pose a threat to humanity because as a result of scientist who cared to dream spontaneous yet useful invention were created which could help save humanity.
Anonymous says2013-03-08T07:31:58.417
i don't think science is a threat because human need to progress. we sure do not want to live like in the stone age.
Anonymous says2013-06-26T15:41:03.807
I completely disagree to the statement that science is a threat to humanity.Science is the only that brings you from the stone age to modern happy and comfortable life.
jhonel09 says2013-07-01T04:21:23.573
I strongly disagree that science is threat why because science is the reason why we have an easy life if there is no science do you think we have a computer? A things that canb help our life easier like stove,aircon,and electricfan who gave us air when we need ??
Anonymous says2013-07-12T15:46:25.883
Science is really important
Anonymous says2013-08-29T13:35:59.767
Science can be a threat as the increasing technology is somewhere depleting the sense of humanity
Anonymous says2013-09-03T19:25:21.123
Yes