• Yes, science is a threat.

I strongly agree. Our lives are in danger because bombs are made to blast thousands or millions of people. New guns are made for robbery. People are rebelling against their own blood, and it's not fair. This all is done by the cruel advancement of science. Can you believe science has increased the capability of men to kill each other?

• Where will it stop?

Although I understand the view that science has brought us many benefits, I think people often forget its consequences. It has enabled countries to create terrifying Weapons of Mass Destruction, has caused numerous ethical questions to be raised and is a constant threat to humanity with the danger that it may never stop, and we will become our own worst enemy. Even some of science's greatest achievements like the discovery of antibiotics has caused massive implications through the uncontrollable population increase. For these reasons and many more I think scientists should be very careful about how far they go to improve society as it could in fact turn into a serious threat to humanity.

• Science makes human beings lazier in life.

Yes, I agree that science did made our life easier but we cant deny the impact that bring to human beings, that we become lazier nowadays. People nowadays are too dependent on the invention of science. Thanks to science that we cannot even do simple jobs like wash our own clothes. Washing machine has taken over the job for us. My dear opponent, can you imagine if electricity cut down, who's going to do the job for you? Only you, yourself! So stop rely too much on science to do your job and make your life meaningless. Moreover, nowadays people tends to drive to the gym just to walk on the treadmills! How ironic!

• science is always a threat to humanity.

we may be living in a modern world with the influence of science however does it makes any difference? many people are still suffering the effect of science. The floods, global warming and etc. Science may help us, but the total destruction it causes us is just one-fourth of the benefits it give us.

• Yes, I think science is a threat to humanity

It's true we owe a lot to science, all the convenience and creature comforts we enjoy on earth wouldn't have been possible without advances in science. The downside is that all this technology can and will be used against us. Look at the atomic bomb, with the destruction it caused and that was almost seventy years ago. The weapons we have now, would make the atomic bomb look like a firecracker. Then you have people who get greedy for profits and use technology for their own benefit; not worrying about the welfare of anyone or anything else. As much as I would like to say no, as long as we have a world full of greedy people in power, who are only thinking about the next big payday; science will always be a threat.

• Science will eventually cause our deaths

As we all know, science has undinieablely made our lives better. However, I think that modern science is a threat to humanity. Sure, we invented cars, ice cream,
    and pizza, but they do not compensate for atom bombs, guns, and climite change. My reasons are that science emables much greater,faster, and easier destruction, that
    science is causing climite change, and that contary to populer belief, science is causeing many deaths through the invention of antibiotics.

• It is .

The nuke was science and it kills people!!!!! . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . .. . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Science is a threat to Humanity

I want to ask a question to the opposition, Do you want a life, a future with robots replacing your jobs and opportunities? I believe we have rights to have jobs and opportunities, however if science helps develop Robots, it can cause serious problems. One example is the Google AlphaGo VS Lee se dol, a game of baduk which Lee se dol lost. This can conclude that the robots have wider net of knowledge. In conclusion, I say that Science is a threat to humanity.

• I, Shankha Sinchan Saha, strongly agree that science is a threat to humanity.

Science plays a triple role of the creator, the preserver, and the destroyer. But if it is not utilized properly, it acts only as a destroyer. Yes, science is a threat to humanity, because new kinds of weapons are being made for robbery, and other activities. Atomic bombs can kill millions of people in the blink of an eye. In spite of this, I agree that science has made our lives easier, but also lazier. We can't even do simple jobs like washing our own clothes. Washing machines have taken up the job for us. We are going to the gym and walking on treadmills instead of walking on the green grass of this beautiful planet. How ironic humans have become due to science! We can't spend time to gossip with our friends, or read books, etc due to the various electronic gadgets invented due to science. Let us trace back to the period when science was not too advanced, say during the period of early humans. The world was far more peaceful than it is now. This implies that humans can live without science, but science can yield devastating effects, if not utilized properly. In older days, humans controlled science, but nowadays, science is controlling humans.

• No, science helps humanity

Science helps humanity because it is how we heat our homes up, how we keep our food fresh. Science is how we know the world around us. Science is also even a solution to things like global warming. Science does not pose a threat to humanity unless it is misused or used irresponsibly.

• Is Mcdonalds a threat?

No of course science is not a threat to humanity. This would be in comparison to the calorie count in a Mcdonald's menu. Everything in moderation, how can science be blamed for the mistakes of humanity, like spoken previously it is merely a tool that we use. Yes in some cases it is used for destructive purposes, although it is often confused with the wrongful intentions of a human. How can it be so different to a caveman killing another with a much simpler tool? They both had the wrongful intention. Yes we would be in a very different place today without science. Although without the knowledge of say bacteria, who knows, without it you could've died from a spread of e.Coli simply by not washing your hands.

• SCIENCE is not a threat to HUMANITY

Science has made different destructive weapon but does the word ''DESTRUCTIVE'' would be right because weapon like pistols , guns can
    be used for self defence nowadays every one should have guns or small pistols to carry because of kidnapping , robbery , etc .
    We can use science weapons in good ways all the workings women would get help from the new science technology like washing machines , microwaves etc instead of making any one lazy it will help to save their time and their different things which helps to save our time , then to make us lazy like cars , railway trains , mobile phones etc.

• SCIENCE is not a threat to HUMANITY

• No, science is a benefit for humanity

I do not believe that science is a threat to humanity, but rather one of humanity's greatest allies. There are many great inventions and advancements that we have made that would not have been remotely possible without science. Science is one of the few tools we have that can affect significant positive change on the world.

• No science is not a threat to humanity

No, I do not think that science is a threat to humanity. Humanity has to thank science for all that it has done for people. Finding cures for diseases, man walking on the moon, learning new things with technology all help humankind and doesn't hinder at all on our humanity or wellbeing.

• No, humanity owes virtually everything to science.

Science doesn't threaten anything any more than a knife lying on a table. People and our flaws are what threatens us and the only reason we are threatened is because we have so much to lose. We have used science to create communication devices that prevent massive losses of life. We have used science to begin to explore space, which we must some day colonize if we hope to out live our planet.

• Science is not the threat!!!

Science is not the the treat because it help us in aspects of life. Tell us how to live and make us able talk to our family members, friends and relatives through internet. Except this there are many other factors those support this point that science is not the threat.

• Science saves lives

Science saves lives every single day. A few years ago, we wouldn't have a defibrilator, so someone having a heart attack would be long gone. People with cancer would have no chemotherapy, and they probably wouldn't even know that they had cancer. They would just die, and wouldn't get the chnace to grow up.

• Humans are the problem, not science

As stated, I believe that the problem is humans and not scientific advancements or discovery. Some may argue that we use science to kill millions. Yes, they are right. However, note how it is HUMANS that are using science to kill. Science by itself is harmless, it is the manner in which we choose to apply it that can be harmful. However, science can also be a tool for good, to cure diseases and create wonderful new technologies. As for science facilitating life to the point where we are lazy, that is our decision to do nothing, not science's. To conclude, I believe that science is human curiosity put to work, pushing the boundaries of what we understand. It is explaining the inconceivable, devising the impossible. I find it inexplicably exciting and unmatched in terms of social and technological advancement. If we allow it, science will help us build the future and do the impossible.

Anonymous says2013-02-24T14:39:33.410
I agree that Science does not pose a threat to humanity because as a result of scientist who cared to dream spontaneous yet useful invention were created which could help save humanity.
Anonymous says2013-03-08T07:31:58.417
i don't think science is a threat because human need to progress. we sure do not want to live like in the stone age.
Anonymous says2013-06-26T15:41:03.807
I completely disagree to the statement that science is a threat to humanity.Science is the only that brings you from the stone age to modern happy and comfortable life.
jhonel09 says2013-07-01T04:21:23.573
I strongly disagree that science is threat why because science is the reason why we have an easy life if there is no science do you think we have a computer? A things that canb help our life easier like stove,aircon,and electricfan who gave us air when we need ??
Anonymous says2013-07-12T15:46:25.883
Science is really important
Anonymous says2013-08-29T13:35:59.767
Science can be a threat as the increasing technology is somewhere depleting the sense of humanity
Anonymous says2013-09-03T19:25:21.123
Yes