• . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . ... .

• . . .

• Both are incompatible.

The methods of science (experiments, tentative hypothesis, etc) are completely different than those of religion (basically believing just because you have been told to). Their incompatibility if fundamental, they are in conflict in their methods. And that´s all the difference between them, and the reason science cures people and religion does not.

• Science is anti-religious

Many people consider science and religion to be compatible (scientific theism), but this is ultimately untrue. Science relies reason, observation, experimentation, and theory. Religion is not a testable theory in any way, and many of its most ardent adherents espouse theories that are demonstrably false to scientists. A key component of science is repeatability and questioning; while any scientific theory can be legitimately challenged by someone with a new theory or set of data, religion has to be taken on face value to be true.

• Chesterton had it right

"IN these days we are accused of attacking science because we want it to be scientific. Surely there is not any undue disrespect to our doctor in saying that he is our doctor, not our priest, or our wife, or ourself. It is not the business of the doctor to say that we must go to a watering-place; it is his affair to say that certain results of health will follow if we do go to a watering-place. After that, obviously, it is for us to judge. Physical science is like simple addition: it is either infallible or it is false. To mix science up with philosophy is only to produce a philosophy that has lost all its ideal value and a science that has lost all its practical value. I want my private physician to tell me whether this or that food will kill me. It is for my private philosopher to tell me whether I ought to be killed."
    Continue reading: http://bit.ly/ZzxDvW
    ~G.K. Chesterton: "All Things Considered."

• Science and religion can support each other

Science cannot be anti religious due to the nature of its inherent objectivity. If it is not objective then it is not truly science. Religion, on the other hand, is inherently subjective and can choose to either lean anti-science or pro-science. Many modern interpretations of the Christian bible support science by interpreting days as centuries when needed. There is nothing in the bible that cannot be interpreted in a manner that does not support science, or just as easily go the other way and dismiss science.