• Science is better than the Bible, and here's a long explanation for why I think that.

To start with, allow me to say a bit about myself. I am a 15 year old teenage girl who attends a Catholic school. Since I was too young to speak, I attended mass every Sunday, and when I was around 9 I began to altar serve. Every week i have 2 hours of Religious Education centred around the Bible and Catholic beliefs. And I am a firm believer that science is much better.
    The issue I have had with the Bible since I was around 10 is that it is written has slowly lost it's true meaning over time. At the time it was written it could be taken literally, because we didn't know any better. Now we know the earth is much older than the Bible says, because science has given us sound proof, and the creation story is all of a sudden symbolic. Actually, It is just wrong.
    As time goes on, we realise more and more of the Bible cannot be true. As this happens, we realise the Bible was written by men who made the most of the information available to them and tried to form meaning to answer questions we have been asking since the start of time. Then, when we know something is wrong, we insist that science and religion can indeed be compatible. But doesn't this all feel like we are trying too hard? It's like playing dot to dot, only to find some of the dots are in the wrong place, so you draw the line where you see fit. You're not following the book any more, because if you did the picture wouldn't make sense. No, you have to follow reason, otherwise you wont end up with a true picture at all.
    This reason is science. Science isn't always right, but the great thing about it is that when we get it wrong, we recognise that and find something different, that isn't wrong. Slowly science has disproved the Bible. But when does this end? Where is the limit? We have managed to trace back what began life to the first billionth of a second. And yes, we don't know why any of this started. But just because we don't have a logical explanation, that doesn't mean you accept the illogical. It simply means you don't know. The beauty of science is that it can always admit when it doesn't know. It doesn't try to fill that gap with imposibilities. It searches for an answer. The issue I have always had with the Bible is it's inability to just admit that it doesn't know. When it doesn't know, it assumes you can't know, and these are two different things. It's arrogance.
    If we assume that the Bible is more reliable because it may come from God, don't we have to assume that all religious texts are more reliable? That can't be right; most can't exist in harmony. Much better then, that we discover the answers ourselves- then we can be sure.

• The bible is better than science

The bible was there over a thousand years ago. It is from God and science is from humans. It would be difficult to to trust a human thinking but God u can fully trust.The bible talked about many things before science found about them. So I say the bible is better than science or the bible is more trustworthy than science.